SimCity LGP Crew

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: SimCity LGP Crew

Postby thepittman on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:32 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Here's a question: does my city "run" when I'm not playing it actively? I went back to the first city I created and it was quite a bit bigger than I remembered it, and their was sufficient coin in the bank. This is a private region, with a few cities that I run by myself.

I would imagine a region with trade between cities would have a city "run" whilst I was away, but not sure about solo cities.

I'm pretty sure it pauses, but makes resources available to others.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 am

So I got disconnected a couple of times yesterday. Both times were while the game was minimized on cheetah speed, trying to earn some coin. Two different computers and ISPs. (I like how I can run Simcity on my work computer for lunchtime play and all day cash collecting).

Very frustrating.

In my first LGP land city, I replaced my solar power with a nuclear reactor. Despite being a city of over 50K, it never turned on. Green for safety (education level), I let it run for several cycles (days? months?) and it never hired any workers. My population dropped rapidly to below 20K, and then the fires broke out. And godzilla. I nuked the rest in frustration and abandoned it. What happened? I had schools, community college, so I know we had the workforce to staff the plant...it just never went live.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby SoupOrSam on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:So I got disconnected a couple of times yesterday. Both times were while the game was minimized on cheetah speed, trying to earn some coin. Two different computers and ISPs. (I like how I can run Simcity on my work computer for lunchtime play and all day cash collecting).

I do not have the game, but many games have the ability in their options menu to increase background fps/processing to fix these common issues. Maybe check that out.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby thepittman on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm

LOL, I went to play my city and it told me my city was corrupted. This happened last night and its still screwed. AWESOME
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby SoupOrSam on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Geeez, I really was looking forward to the game. I've "just about" bought it three different times.

..but then I go and look for some updated reviews. Things just don't seem to be getting better for the game. It's like two steps / one step \.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby thepittman on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 pm

SoupOrSam wrote:Geeez, I really was looking forward to the game. I've "just about" bought it three different times.

..but then I go and look for some updated reviews. Things just don't seem to be getting better for the game. It's like two steps / one step \.

I would seriously wait until it takes a serious dip in price. With all of the stupid problems that had to be obvious in beta, you just need to wait awhile until they figure this mess out.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 pm

i feel like they are obvi committed to making it better very quickly - they wouldnt give away a free game and try to entice people to buy if they arent
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

I had a couple weeks off due to other things going on. Jumped into a new region by myself. One city up over 200k pop and one over 300k pop pretty quickly. Utilities are the only issue (water/trash/sometimes power). Problem is that I always forget to specialize, so now I just have those cities humming along but not really doing anything in particular.

The gifting thing is still buggy. Maybe it's just gifting to your own city, but I sent my newer city 100k from the first one. It didn't arrive until I quit for the night and played the next day. And still not right away. Traffic wasn't an issue b/c my highways are wide open. Annoying on that part.

I need to figure out how to specialize in trade and things like that. I don't understand why I keep getting the messages from unhappy industry that they have nowhere to ship freight when I have trade depot (multiple). I guess I haven't figured out some of the standard messages for making people happier b/c I feel like I do it but nothing changes (like crime being high despite having the equivalent of an army for a police force).
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NHR