OFFICIAL GDT: JETS AT PENS, 3/28/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: JETS AT PENS, 3/28/13

Postby Mango Salsa on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 am

smoothmoneyb wrote: But at the same time, it just seems crazy to put Iggy on the third line to make room for Morrow on the second. I just can't see that happening..

Just imagine the defensive nightmare that would be for opponents though. You get Crosbys line, followed by Malkin. Survived that? Here comes Jerome Iginla lol
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:59 am

The vitriol some posters on this board still reserve for Tangradi is pretty interesting. Yeah, it didn't work out, but don't get the renewed hatred for the guy.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:14 am

For me, the vitriol is more on the people who made every excuse in the book for his failures. The warning signs were there a few years ago and over time I think you just slowly accept that he probably wasn't going to make it. It was pretty silly to see people still saying he wasn't getting a chance this year and that they botched his development. For that reason, I find some enjoyment in him going elsewhere and continuing to do absolutely nothing.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:22 am

Henry Hank wrote:For me, the vitriol is more on the people who made every excuse in the book for his failures. The warning signs were there a few years ago and over time I think you just slowly accept that he probably wasn't going to make it. It was pretty silly to see people still saying he wasn't getting a chance this year and that they botched his development. For that reason, I find some enjoyment in him going elsewhere and continuing to do absolutely nothing.

:thumb:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 am

^That's fair, because I didn't think he was going anywhere either. Was referring more to the personal attacks against the guy.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:54 am

shafnutz05 wrote:^That's fair, because I didn't think he was going anywhere either. Was referring more to the personal attacks against the guy.

I wasn't a fan of people pumping his tires and talking about his "nasty" goals in WBS and how that would translate to the NHL.
You just had to watch him for a small period of time, to see that he ain't got game.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mnpensfan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:11 am

Pen's now 7th in the league in GA......
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins