The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Concerning Smackdown on friday about a return

Spoiler:
John Laurinaitis returns
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby JS© on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 am

SolidSnake wrote:Concerning Smackdown on friday about a return

Spoiler:
John Laurinaitis returns


Spoiler:
BIG JOHNNY!!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,108
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → [B] [A] [start]

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 am

JS© wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Concerning Smackdown on friday about a return

Spoiler:
John Laurinaitis returns


Spoiler:
BIG JOHNNY!!

Image
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,230
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:07 am

Image
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,675
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Image


My reaction being an Indie guy... "oh, ACH is wrestling. He's awesome. Oh, and Matt Hardy and Rhino are going to get killed by zoo enthusiast Kevin Steen"
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,554
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 am

Pavel Bure cares not for your silly spoilers.


Spoiler:
People Power!
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,984
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 am

There's something else to the above ROH poster...
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,675
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 am

shafnutz05 wrote:There's something else to the above ROH poster...


LOL. Oh, Matt.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,984
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 am

nocera wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:There's something else to the above ROH poster...


LOL. Oh, Matt.


Haha. I guess that was supposed to be a S.C.U.M. T shirt. Ok, so my order of things I noticed...
-small picture of largely unknown Indie guy
-zoo enthusiast Kevin Steen sharing top billing with 2 former WWE guys
-inappropriate t shirt
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,554
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 am

Seriously though, ACH is really good. I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the WWE in the next 3 years
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,554
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 am

I was thinking about doing something here, but don't really feel like putting in the work if there is no interest.
I love the current indie wrestling scene. I want more people to love it, so I tend to want to talk about it a lot. Would anyone be interested in semi regular posts profiling current guys to watch in the indie scene, with like match history, youtubes, etc...

Anyone interested in reading this? If not, it's fine. it'll save me some work. But you guys have probably noticed that I really like to talk about the stuff I like.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,554
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby JS© on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:15 am

There was supposed to be a Matt Hardy Q&A thing at Latitude 40 sometime soon, if it hasn't already passed.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,108
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → [B] [A] [start]

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Froggy wrote:
nocera wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:There's something else to the above ROH poster...


LOL. Oh, Matt.


Haha. I guess that was supposed to be a S.C.U.M. T shirt. Ok, so my order of things I noticed...
-small picture of largely unknown Indie guy
-zoo enthusiast Kevin Steen sharing top billing with 2 former WWE guys
-inappropriate t shirt

I thought it was funny that a ref is included on the poster.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,837
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Froggy wrote:I was thinking about doing something here, but don't really feel like putting in the work if there is no interest.
I love the current indie wrestling scene. I want more people to love it, so I tend to want to talk about it a lot. Would anyone be interested in semi regular posts profiling current guys to watch in the indie scene, with like match history, youtubes, etc...

Anyone interested in reading this? If not, it's fine. it'll save me some work. But you guys have probably noticed that I really like to talk about the stuff I like.

You def could. I gotta be honest though as far as the indie stuff goes I just can't watch it. I find it hard to really get into. Even when I watch the botchamanias I tend to skip those parts... I suppose having more info wouldn't hurt and I know a lot of guys in WWE got their start in the indies but I just don't have a connection to it. Still it could be very interesting to hear about from someone knowledgeable and passionate about it. Go for it.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,230
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Froggy's indy wrestler of the... undisclosed period of the time...

#1-Johnny Gargano

Image

Johnny Gargano is good. He's really good. At pretty much everything. He can work martial arts... he can do high flying... he does submissions... he has some pretty innovative and original moves... he's good on the mic... he is maybe the best combination of these elements since CM Punk, and that's not hyperbole. He isn't nearly as edgy though, and depending on the promotion, tends to either be the uber-face (like his work in Dragon Gate USA), or the typical cocky heel (like his work in Chikara). Like most indy guys, he isn't limited to one promotion. He works mostly as the top face in DGUSA and AIW wrestling based out of his home town of Cleveland. He is also a member of the F.I.S.T.(Friends in Similar Tights) stable in Chikara and is a former 2 time Tag Champ with Chuck Taylor who is also his ally in DGUSA in his RONIN stable. He is the current DGUSA Champion. In 2012, PWI ranked him #59 in their top 200 wrestlers of the year.

I'm mostly familiar with his stuff in Chikara as a heel midcarder. I have seen some matches in DGUSA, but it kind of has that stigma of "dudes with abs doing flips", and you can only take so much of that. Plus, I just think Chikara is a better promotion, but that's personal taste. DGUSA is a very very good promotion if you like high flying stuff or Japanese junior style. Anyway, here are some moves he does...



interesting tidbit. Gargano has managed to make appearances on WWE on 2 occasions. once on NXT (as a security guy)
Image

and once as the jobber in an early Brodus Clay squash match on Superstars.



there are a few matches of his on youtube, but they are kind of long and i didn't think anyone would watch a whole match anyway. so instead, this is a pretty cool promo package about his rise to the top in DGUSA


Recently, Gargano made his debut in Pro Wrestling Guerilla at PWG All Star Weekend 9. As you probably don't know, PWG is basically an all star indy fed based out of California. I don't really consider them a real promotion because they only do like 9 shows a year, but the stuff they do is INSANELY good. here's some footage from that event.


so that's it for now on Gargano. I hope this was interesting for at least a couple of you. Let me know if you want me to do more of these. It's fun for me, but If you guys don't care, that's cool.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,554
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Why Not Us on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 pm

And then there were 10 (matches)

Spoiler:
Image
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,957
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:31 pm
Location: In a crooked little town

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby JS© on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:48 pm



SFW
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,108
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → [B] [A] [start]

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:58 pm

wow Reid Flair has passed away. Just getting the word on twitter. Not quite sure what happend yet. Very sad. Only 24. Prayers to the Flair family .
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,310
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm

I believe he had a history with hard drugs
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,554
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby nocera on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:16 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:wow Reid Flair has passed away. Just getting the word on twitter. Not quite sure what happend yet. Very sad. Only 24. Prayers to the Flair family .


What a shame. He was only 24? So how old was he when he was involved in WCW?

Actually, I'm thinking of David.

RIP.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,984
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:18 pm

nocera wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:wow Reid Flair has passed away. Just getting the word on twitter. Not quite sure what happend yet. Very sad. Only 24. Prayers to the Flair family .


What a shame. He was only 24? So how old was he when he was involved in WCW?

Actually, I'm thinking of David.

RIP.


You know what, I was too. I didnt even make a connection with the age. Was it Reid wrestling over in Japan?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,310
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby JS© on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:25 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:You know what, I was too. I didnt even make a connection with the age. Was it Reid wrestling over in Japan?


Froggy wrote:I believe he had a history with hard drugs



yes and yes
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,108
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → [B] [A] [start]

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby TPW on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 pm

He did make some appearances in WCW when he was around 11 or 12, I remember some really dumb angles involving Ric getting beaten up and Reid being forced to watch by Bischoff or something to that effect.
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:35 am

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby She'sTheFastest on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 pm

TPW wrote:He did make some appearances in WCW when he was around 11 or 12, I remember some really dumb angles involving Ric getting beaten up and Reid being forced to watch by Bischoff or something to that effect.


Yeah, and Flair had a "heart attack" and they tried like **** to sell it but it was so obviously fake because it was Flair.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,421
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 am

No idea why i posting it. But we spent all night at the bar talking about pro wrestling. and the Pens. And how PG its become. It might not even be safe for this board

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,310
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DelPen, KennyTheKangaroo, Staggy and 12 guests

e-mail