Congrats to Jaromir Jagr

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Congrats to Jaromir Jagr

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 am

Scored his 1,000th assist last night. Whether we like him right now or not, you have to at least respect his talent. The guy is gonna be a HOFer some day and he made his mark as a Penguin. :thumb:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Congrats to Jaromir Jagr

Postby Lesky on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:54 pm

How many of those were to Lemieux? :)
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Can i be the guy that says 'npr?' Haha. Good for him i guess. Sad he has become basically a mercenary to end his career. Won't get a proper send off when he hangs them up.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kaizer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:43 pm

npr. and **** jagr.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Lesky wrote:How many of those were to Lemieux? :)

I think when Mario retired for the first time he had assisted on 68 of Jagr's goals while Jagr had assisted on 66 of Mario's goals. Or maybe it was the other way around. Truth.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Nizzy on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:23 pm

There's a correct way to leave a franchise. Iginla showed the NHL that this week. Jagr's way was incorrect.

He's all about the Benjamin's. You would think he'de have a few "cares" about pittsburgh, all the BS he talks about how he owes his career to Mario. "i'd play for the minimum for Mario" well you've had a few chances to do that Jagr but you didn't. There's things I want to say about him but aren't appropriate. He always busted his *** on the ice, but he didn't care what team it was for, ever.

I don't care about Jagr, and you shouldn't either. He's going to end up like Iverson, somehow spent 200 million in his career and only low 40s.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pittsports87 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:34 pm

No one cares about that greedy P.O.S.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Kaizer wrote:npr. and **** jagr.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:51 pm

BEPF,

as long as you don't go to any more penguin games this year and possibly, in my opinion, stop creating threads

pens should do alright this year.

Well said pittsports87. If I was an admin here, I'd sticky this, close the topic, edit the first post with

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT GREEDY P.O.S.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET SMACKED JAGR, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE LAYS YOU OUT ON THE ICE AND YOU'RE ALL TWITCHING AND CAREER DONE. IM SICK OF YOU. BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD HEALTH INSURANCE LMAO!!!!
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby lifetimefan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Good for him. His personality traits and lack of class do not diminish the fact that he is one of the all time greats to play the game. The guy is good weather you like him or not. Congrats Jags.
lifetimefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby skullman80 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 pm

lifetimefan wrote:Good for him. His personality traits and lack of class do not diminish the fact that he is one of the all time greats to play the game. The guy is good weather you like him or not. Congrats Jags.

This is how I feel.

I don't even hate the guy to be honest. I don't even really not like him. I enjoyed his time as a Pen, and that's how I choose to remember him.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:04 pm

lifetimefan wrote:Good for him. His personality traits and lack of class do not diminish the fact that he is one of the all time greats to play the game. The guy is good weather you like him or not. Congrats Jags.

Well stated.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Nizzy wrote:BEPF,

as long as you don't go to any more penguin games this year and possibly, in my opinion, stop creating threads

pens should do alright this year.

Well said pittsports87. If I was an admin here, I'd sticky this, close the topic, edit the first post with

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT GREEDY P.O.S.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET SMACKED JAGR, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE LAYS YOU OUT ON THE ICE AND YOU'RE ALL TWITCHING AND CAREER DONE. IM SICK OF YOU. BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD HEALTH INSURANCE LMAO!!!!

Okay, now you have put me in full sprint to come back to the Burgh for some playoff games. Otherwise I wasn't gonna be back until '13-'14. Just remember when I do come back at playoff time it will be on YOUR head if they should lose. See y'all in late April, early May.

Editing here: I also think I'll start more threads than I have in the past.
Editing pt. 2.: BTW, since my plane landed on 02/19, the Pens have a record of 17-3 and they were 2-1 for the games I attended. So, what's your problem?

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 pm

I thought you went 0-3. My bad.

NPR anyways so...
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Nizzy wrote:I thought you went 0-3. My bad.

NPR anyways so...

You know what. I was not really sure where to put this thread. I decided to put it here because he played a major portion of his career in Pittsburgh. And he is, after all, on that wall in the CEC. But I was aware that he did not leave on the best of terms, especially with the fans.

And when he goes into the Hall, I'm thinking that he will decide to go in as a Pen. He does have his name on the Cup twice, and of course both times as a Pen.

BTW, no harm, no foul. :pop:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby brwi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Jagr was fantastic for the Pens up until his departure that was so ugly. I'll never forgive him for those 20 second loafs to the bench for a line change and his complete disinterest as a Captain at the end. He set a terrible example back then but he did a ton for the franchise before and I prefer to remember his highlights before more than the crap afterwards.

As far as him being a mercenary, he was real immature and pretty stupid with his money so I don't blame him for going for the highest amount of money possible because he dug himself into a huge hole earlier. Thanks for what you did in Pittsburgh, Jaromir Jagr, but don't want to see you back again. Wish you the best and cya, bye.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 pm

brwi wrote:Jagr was fantastic for the Pens up until his departure that was so ugly. I'll never forgive him for those 20 second loafs to the bench for a line change and his complete disinterest as a Captain at the end. He set a terrible example back then but he did a ton for the franchise before and I prefer to remember his highlights before more than the crap afterwards.

As far as him being a mercenary, he was real immature and pretty stupid with his money so I don't blame him for going for the highest amount of money possible because he dug himself into a huge hole earlier. Thanks for what you did in Pittsburgh, Jaromir Jagr, but don't want to see you back again. Wish you the best and cya, bye.

The red bold above could be said to be the biggest plight of the professional athlete today.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Kaizer wrote:npr. and **** jagr.

:thumb:
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm

no1cur
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shakes on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Lesky wrote:How many of those were to Lemieux? :)

I think when Mario retired for the first time he had assisted on 68 of Jagr's goals while Jagr had assisted on 66 of Mario's goals. Or maybe it was the other way around. Truth.

I didn't know that one. Freaky.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Who?
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins