Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:52 am

Lesky wrote:To make things more clear about my earlier statements:

I have no problem with Shero parting with assets to "win now".

The problem is that me along with most Stars fans believe the Penguins actually got worse by adding Morrow to the team, and not increasing the chances of winning the cup.

Dallas fans take on Morrows issues earlier this season:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1332207

You could have found a thread on here to fire Bylsma not that long ago when we were 2nd overall in the conference......most fans are not capable of assessing ability and making rational assessments.

Morrow looked pretty physical last night freight training Subban, and never looked slow - depsite admitting that the energy level was a little low after the long travel day and limited practice time. He also made a very nice play with Neal as he came across the blueline, went to the middle and then passed back to the lane he left and sent Neal in for a good chance. The shot got blocked because Neal is struggling, but it was a nice skill play.

When Malkin comes back, we will get a pretty good look at Morrow's ability. He really doesn't need to do too much except work the corners and poach some garbage on Geno and Neal's shots.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:13 am

Lesky wrote:
sil wrote:How many threads is Dallas-fan trash going to appear in?

As many as it takes to get your attention and piss you off :thumb: :D

Just 1 then. :slug:
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 am

The Snapshot wrote:Morrow looked pretty physical last night freight training Subban, and never looked slow - depsite admitting that the energy level was a little low after the long travel day and limited practice time. He also made a very nice play with Neal as he came across the blueline, went to the middle and then passed back to the lane he left and sent Neal in for a good chance. The shot got blocked because Neal is struggling, but it was a nice skill play.

When Malkin comes back, we will get a pretty good look at Morrow's ability. He really doesn't need to do too much except work the corners and poach some garbage on Geno and Neal's shots.

yeah, he was faster than i expected. fast enough to be serviceable in the top 6 certainly. we'll know nothing until malkin comes back. i'm not on the "jeffrey is terrible" wagon, but he's not not terrible either.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 pm

I wasn't able to watch the game on TV - don't have Center Ice and live in Philthy area - so I only caught a couple of live look ins on the NHL Channel and the highlights, but Morrow didn't look all that slow to me. Neal isn't exactly the fastest skater and Morrow seemed to be at the same speed.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby no name on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Morrow seemed a bit out of sorts last night, just from my general observation. He seemed a little overwhelmed or he was to busy taking in his first game as someone from another team besides Dallas. You got to give the guy a few more games to get into his new roll and used to the system and teammates.

Still think he will fit well with our team.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Morrow seemed fine last night to me. He was being disruptive and getting in on the forecheck. Looked good on the boards. He'll look better as he plays with the team more, but if he doesn't I won't be overly disappointed, he was good.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Joseph Morrow ‏@JMorrow7 1m
For the record. The pens "breaking" me was a positive aspect in the growth of my defensive game. Have to tear down old things, to build new.

The penguins organization is absolutely top notch I couldn't ask for a better place to have started off my career. Thank you for everything.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Puck Drama on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:54 pm

When is Morrow-Leclair showing up?
Puck Drama
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins