3/30/2013 Islanders v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 3/30/2013 Islanders v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Postby tfrizz on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 pm

For Crosby, as long as he can breathe properly and has only manageable pain he should be good to go. Just need to wear a full shield for a bit.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Those Islanders fans are delusional.An actual quote from one of them.
I hate everything about the pens. Such a dirty play by neal on hamonic, no call
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Freking Neil is so dirty
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shakes on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:59 pm

I wish Neal would play a little dirty.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tfrizz on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Shakes wrote:Also, what a save (and game) by Vokoun on Grabner's breakaway. This is why you pay $2M for a backup I guess.

Also because MAF gets hurt and TV follows up with a career best shutout streak.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Wouldn't want to head into the playoffs with only a few games for these guys to find chemistry. Need at least 2 weeks of a healthy lineup for DB to figure out lines/pairings and for the players to develop chemistry on PP and lines.

24 hrs ago we were on such a high. Tonight we know Martin is out for 6 weeks and Sid is a complete question mark. Hockey Gods at work.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cma3585 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:33 pm

The U wrote:Wouldn't want to head into the playoffs with only a few games for these guys to find chemistry. Need at least 2 weeks of a healthy lineup for DB to figure out lines/pairings and for the players to develop chemistry on PP and lines.

24 hrs ago we were on such a high. Tonight we know Martin is out for 6 weeks and Sid is a complete question mark. Hockey Gods at work.

Neal and Malkin are back on track and in the 3rd it looked Iggy was figuring them out. Just a dominant period for that line. I know many want Iggy eventually to play with Sid but if Sid's line continues to do what it does and Iggy finds his stride with Geno, I see no point.
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:47 pm

PghSkins wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Hey guys, I forgot to DVR the game today and didn't think Iggy was making his debut. Anyone know any sites where you can stream or watch previously played games?

Replay is on ROOT at 7.

thank you! Im done at work around 6 and will watch the heck out of this game.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shakes on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:31 pm

The U wrote:Wouldn't want to head into the playoffs with only a few games for these guys to find chemistry. Need at least 2 weeks of a healthy lineup for DB to figure out lines/pairings and for the players to develop chemistry on PP and lines.

If there are Hockey Gods, they must get annoyed with Sid when his level gets too close to theirs. First, they sent Stoeckel when Sid was in the form of his life. Now, they take his teeth from him when he is torching the league.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Shakes wrote:

If there are Hockey Gods, they must get annoyed with Sid when his level gets too close to theirs. First, they sent Stoeckel when Sid was in the form of his life. Now, they take his teeth from him when he is torching the league.

Take the teeth out of sidney crosbys game???

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby The Snapshot on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Can't read through the whole thread, but having just watched on DVR I would like to say that the Islander announcers (Howie Rose and Butch Goring) are some of the most disrespectful homers toward the Penguins of any in the league.

They asked if Malkin was on the Russian diving team, made fun of the crowd for booing the Kunitz major (which was a joke, a penalty but no major) basically saying the Pens fans were used to getting all of the calls and generally showed complete disgust for the Pens.

I guess it stinks to be announcers for a two-bit joke of a franchise, but man these guys were terrible. The problem is that I have to listen to their call of every single Islander game out here. At least the Devils and Rangers announcers don't have such an inferiority complex.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:36 pm

wondermoose wrote:Outcome is irrelevant. #BurnTheBlues is necessary. Wake up, Penguins promo people!

I just do NOT understand how a team owned by a former player doesn't understand the steaming pile of JINX that these sweaters are!?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:37 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Can't read through the whole thread, but having just watched on DVR I would like to say that the Islander announcers (Howie Rose and Butch Goring) are some of the most disrespectful homers toward the Penguins of any in the league.

They asked if Malkin was on the Russian diving team, made fun of the crowd for booing the Kunitz major (which was a joke, a penalty but no major) basically saying the Pens fans were used to getting all of the calls and generally showed complete disgust for the Pens.

I guess it stinks to be announcers for a two-bit joke of a franchise, but man these guys were terrible. The problem is that I have to listen to their call of every single Islander game out here. At least the Devils and Rangers announcers don't have such an inferiority complex.

Snapper.. where you at again?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby The Snapshot on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Can't read through the whole thread, but having just watched on DVR I would like to say that the Islander announcers (Howie Rose and Butch Goring) are some of the most disrespectful homers toward the Penguins of any in the league.

Jersey. I am stuck watching all three NY area teams' home telecasts of the Pens games against them. It is painful.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:45 pm

RADIOACTIVE...RADIOACTIVE
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:49 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

Jersey. I am stuck watching all three NY area teams' home telecasts of the Pens games against them. It is painful.

We'll have to get together sometime for a beer and a game... I just did a major consulting engagement for Port Authority NY/NJ and stayed over in Jersey City.

I have to go back in about two-three weeks
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Most amazing thing about the streak: only 1 SO win.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Gaucho wrote:Most amazing thing about the streak: only 1 SO win.

Real streak is only 11 games :D
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:29 pm

DelPen wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Most amazing thing about the streak: only 1 SO win.

Real streak is only 11 games :D

Yep, "only" 11 games. :wink:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:17 pm

HNIC's Ron Maclean tried to bate iggy into a legal mess with an interview asking him if the rumor was true that Sid talked to iggy persuading him to Join the pens instead of the bruins. Iggy answered in sort of a weird way saying he did hear Sid put in a good word, or something along those lines.

Not real sure what HNIC is doing asking a question like that... If I am the pens media relations team, I am not allowing anyone from HNIC to come anywhere close to my team again.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:25 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:HNIC's Ron Maclean tried to bate iggy into a legal mess with an interview asking him if the rumor was true that Sid talked to iggy persuading him to Join the pens instead of the bruins. Iggy answered in sort of a weird way saying he did hear Sid put in a good word, or something along those lines.

Not real sure what HNIC is doing asking a question like that... If I am the pens media relations team, I am not allowing anyone from HNIC to come anywhere close to my team again.

Meh.

Iggy's face told all.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Always thought players could talk to other players happens all the time before UFA innings.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm not panicking yet, because iginla literally had about an hour to learn the pens system them play. With 2 full days to learn and practice I expect big things from him on Tuesday.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm not panicking at all.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby jwest21 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:34 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:HNIC's Ron Maclean tried to bate iggy into a legal mess with an interview asking him if the rumor was true that Sid talked to iggy persuading him to Join the pens instead of the bruins. Iggy answered in sort of a weird way saying he did hear Sid put in a good word, or something along those lines.

#IGGYGATE!
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins