3/30/2013 Islanders v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 3/30/2013 Islanders v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 pm

jwest21 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:HNIC's Ron Maclean tried to bate iggy into a legal mess with an interview asking him if the rumor was true that Sid talked to iggy persuading him to Join the pens instead of the bruins. Iggy answered in sort of a weird way saying he did hear Sid put in a good word, or something along those lines.

Not real sure what HNIC is doing asking a question like that... If I am the pens media relations team, I am not allowing anyone from HNIC to come anywhere close to my team again.

#IGGYGATE!

I do agree, that if true, that reporter would no longer have press credentials if it were up to me.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby penny lane on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:44 pm

DelPen wrote:Always thought players could talk to other players happens all the time before UFA innings.

the staals' talked! 8-)

I didn't expect anything less from cherry and his side piece.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shakes on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:HNIC's Ron Maclean tried to bate iggy into a legal mess with an interview asking him if the rumor was true that Sid talked to iggy persuading him to Join the pens instead of the bruins. Iggy answered in sort of a weird way saying he did hear Sid put in a good word, or something along those lines.

Not real sure what HNIC is doing asking a question like that... If I am the pens media relations team, I am not allowing anyone from HNIC to come anywhere close to my team again.

Why wouldn't they? That's a legit question, and it's not HNIC's job to look out for Iggy, the Pens, or Sid.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Shakes wrote:

Why wouldn't they? That's a legit question, and it's not HNIC's job to look out for Iggy, the Pens, or Sid.

So be it. But that doesn't mean you have to give someone looking to start fires a book of matches.

Think man, think.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby llipgh2 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:56 pm

MacLean asked a legitimate question. Iggy was caught off guard at first, but answered it tactfully.

The panel back in the studio all agreed there was no tampering, and it was a moot point.

End of story.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shakes on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:10 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Shakes wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:Not real sure what HNIC is doing asking a question like that... If I am the pens media relations team, I am not allowing anyone from HNIC to come anywhere close to my team again.

So be it. But that doesn't mean you have to give someone looking to start fires a book of matches.

Think man, think.

I was addressing the issue of why HNIC would ask the question. You're addressing how the Pens should react to the fact that HNIC asked the question. Those aren't the same thing.

Obviously, I want what's best for the Pens, but I hate soft journalism, and I don't see anything wrong with the questions.

Regardless, I watched it, and all he was saying is that he "heard" Sid wanted him to come. Imagine everyone's shock. He could've worded it better, but no big deal. Search "Iginla tampering" on Twitter, and I'm sure some will make hay out of this for a couple of days, but there's nothing to it.

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/video-ron-maclean-talks-with-jarome-iginla?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TrueNorth on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:52 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
wondermoose wrote:Outcome is irrelevant. #BurnTheBlues is necessary. Wake up, Penguins promo people!

I just do NOT understand how a team owned by a former player doesn't understand the steaming pile of JINX that these sweaters are!?

And may they burn in hell from whence they came! Knowing how superstitious Sid is, I fully expect him to launch a “burn the blues” campaign. No one has a greater vested interest. Do it Sid!
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FallenHero96 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 am

Yeah these blue jerseys suck. The first time I saw them I didn't like them, and that was before all the bad injuries people got wearing them.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 am

Gaucho wrote:Most amazing thing about the streak: only 1 SO win.

And 3 SO wins.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:58 am

Im down with #BurnTheBlues. I'd love it if our third jerseys were the circa mid 90s Snoop Dog jersey.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:30 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Im down with #BurnTheBlues. I'd love it if our third jerseys were the circa mid 90s Snoop Dog jersey.

Why does everyone around here want to burn the St.Louis Blues? :pop:
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins