Silver lining

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Silver lining

Postby ysthomas on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Seems like it is all doom and gloom. Lets list some positives:

-Being without Sid always helps Geno crank up his game.
-Gives Geno some time to bond again with Kunitz allowing him to stay on that line when Sid gets back and Iginla can take his place on Sid's line. (Solving our roster "dilemma")
ysthomas
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 am

Re: Silver lining

Postby Admin on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:36 pm

Less pressure on HCDB...
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,053
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Silver lining

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Yeah, now they're not expected to win a cup. I'd say 2nd round at best.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,388
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: Silver lining

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Sid was never very entertaining during interviews, so this takes a lot of pressure off of him.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,734
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:16 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Silver lining

Postby Azkar on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:51 pm

We still have a good enough team to win without Sid.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,425
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: PFISEA

Re: Silver lining

Postby thepittman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:56 pm

I think the Iginla Geno and Neal line will stay together and turn into our #1 line. That way they get time to build chemistry and Sid will jump back between Duper and Kunitz as soon as he gets healthy.
Last edited by thepittman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,116
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Location: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: Silver lining

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Just another reason to hate Brooks Orpik this season
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,321
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Silver lining

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 pm

We get a few hundred threads for people to panic and speculate on LGP.Yippy skippy!!!!!
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Silver lining

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:25 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Just another reason to hate Brooks Orpik this season


Image
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Silver lining

Postby ysthomas on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Anybody else not big fans of ridiculous winning streaks? I feel like they expend so much effort with the streak that once they lose they are not the same.
ysthomas
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 am

Re: Silver lining

Postby pcm on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:43 pm

The hockey gods are sated, as they have had their sacrifice. We can hope.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,398
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Silver lining

Postby Be1isarius89 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Silver lining:

Letang who averages 25:30 of ice time should get much needed rest heading into the playoffs. Missed 8 games so far.
Martin who averages 25:23 of ice time should get much needed rest heading into the playoffs. Expected to miss next dozen games.
Crosby has been a man possessed and will get plenty of rest.

Key players will be rested heading into the playoffs this year. It'll be fun to watch.
Last edited by Be1isarius89 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be1isarius89
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 pm
Location: Inside your head

Re: Silver lining

Postby BfromD on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Be1isarius89 wrote:Silver lining:

Letang who averages 25:30 of ice time should get much needed rest heading into the playoffs. Missed 8 games so far.
Martin who averages 25:23 of ice time should get much needed rest heading into the playoffs. Expected to miss next dozen games.
Crosby has been a man possessed and will get plenty of rest.

Key players will be rested heading into the playoffs this year. It'll be fun to see this year.

Positivity ftw. This team will be ready and hungry to perform in the playoffs.
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Silver lining

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 pm

The pens are winning the cup no matter what
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,129
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Silver lining

Postby André on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:27 pm

ysthomas wrote:Seems like it is all doom and gloom. Lets list some positives:

-Being without Sid always helps Geno crank up his game.
-Gives Geno some time to bond again with Kunitz allowing him to stay on that line when Sid gets back and Iginla can take his place on Sid's line. (Solving our roster "dilemma")


What dilemma? Sid with Kunitz and Dupuis have been mind blowing and Geno with Iginla and Neal looked very promising in the first game already.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,339
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Gävle, Sweden

Re: Silver lining

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:40 pm

We still have Malkin, Iginla, Neal, Kunitz, Dupuis, Morrow and Sutter to rely on.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,073
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Silver lining

Postby taz71 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Crosby will be back for the playoff. His jaw will be plated not wired shut. Only worry for him to miss more than 4 weeks is if he has a concussion
taz71
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Silver lining

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:51 pm

ysthomas wrote:Anybody else not big fans of ridiculous winning streaks? I feel like they expend so much effort with the streak that once they lose they are not the same.

Normally yes but they are winning through team defense and not ridiculous comebacks or low outs. They are just playing their game. They aren't getting too high in emotions or wasting energy.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,073
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Silver lining

Postby Shakes on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Silver lining?

Image
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,903
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Silver lining

Postby Steve on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Image
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,681
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Silver lining

Postby Steve on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 pm

DelPen wrote:
ysthomas wrote:Anybody else not big fans of ridiculous winning streaks? I feel like they expend so much effort with the streak that once they lose they are not the same.

Normally yes but they are winning through team defense and not ridiculous comebacks or low outs. They are just playing their game. They aren't getting too high in emotions or wasting energy.


Yeah I agree - one thing about this season compared to past seasons - there's very little happening after the whistles...This team is just focused right now.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,681
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: letsgowbspens66, pens9192, Pruezy11881, the wicked child and 22 guests


e-mail