Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby pressure=9Pa on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:30 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
Admin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I heard that Sid said that if Admin bans 10 users between now and Wednesday, he will probably feel up to playing against the Rangers

And how would he say that with his jaw wired shut? :pop:

Maybe he texted it. :pop:

pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby smoothmoneyb on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:33 pm

pcm wrote:Sid probably wins the Hart regardless. As far as the Art Ross, it'll take Stamkos half his remaining 14 games just to catch up to Sid. So if Sid comes back and plays 5 or more games, he'd probably still have a chance.

But those are not the trophies that matter.

Agreed. Kunitz or Stamkos winning the Art Ross would obviously only start to become possible if Sid misses all or most of the remaining regular season. And hopefully (knocking on wood) that's not going to be the case here..
smoothmoneyb
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:33 pm

While he's out expect Jeffrey to take Sids spot as he should. Iginla needs to build chemistry with Malkin and Neal and Morrow with Sutter. Jeffrey won't be playing bottom 6 so filling in for top 6 injuries makes the most sense.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BfromD on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:33 pm

If 10 bans gets Sid back in the lineup, count me in. RJ has been looking for a reason to ban me since the late 90's...
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BfromD on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:35 pm

DelPen wrote:While he's out expect Jeffrey to take Sids spot as he should. Iginla needs to build chemistry with Malkin and Neal and Morrow with Sutter. Jeffrey won't be playing bottom 6 so filling in for top 6 injuries makes the most sense.

Agree. If the Pens were fighting for seeding, then balancing the lines would make sense. With a top 2 seed almost assured, invest in chemistry.
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Staggy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:39 pm

This sucks. I would have loved to see him sweep the Art/Hart/Pearson for the season, god knows he deserves it after the past two years. All that counts is the postseason though so good to hear he'll be ready for it in all likelihood.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby saints11 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:42 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:Kunitz – Malkin – Neal
Morrow – Sutter – Iginla
Cooke – Vitale – Dupuis
Glass – Adams – Kennedy

Letang - Eaton
Orpik - Despres
Murray - Niskanen

That lineup can win a series

Jeffrey will center the second line. Sutter is better suited to 3rd line. As to the wings, I expect to see Dupuis with Iginla since that might cause the least disruption. Top 6 as top 6. Kunitz--Malkin--Neal; Dupuis--Jeffrey--Iginla; Morrow--Sutter--Cooke; Glass--Adams--Kennedy
saints11
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:42 pm

BfromD wrote:
DelPen wrote:While he's out expect Jeffrey to take Sids spot as he should. Iginla needs to build chemistry with Malkin and Neal and Morrow with Sutter. Jeffrey won't be playing bottom 6 so filling in for top 6 injuries makes the most sense.

Agree. If the Pens were fighting for seeding, then balancing the lines would make sense. With a top 2 seed almost assured, invest in chemistry.

It will also show if Kunitz and Dupuis can carry Jeffrey. If those two still keep scoring there is no way you can consider breaking them up unless Iginla just bombs with Geno and Neal.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BfromD on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:47 pm

DelPen wrote:
BfromD wrote:

It will also show if Kunitz and Dupuis can carry Jeffrey. If those two still keep scoring there is no way you can consider breaking them up unless Iginla just bombs with Geno and Neal.

Doing so definitely gives Jeffrey every chance to prove he is a full time NHLer. As for the 12-71-18 line, I have a feeling Geno is about to go into "ECF vs. Carolina" beast mode.
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby GSdrums87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:54 pm

A quote from the nhl.com comments on the article:

Sandra Åhlander39 minutes ago
I hope you Cooke-lovers and defenders really feel that bad now when Crosby is injured. Now you know a little bit what I (and many others) felt when Karlsson was injured. Even if Karlsson's injury was even worse than Crosby's injury especially with Cooke's bad history.. This is what Pens and NHL DESERVED!!!!
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:54 pm

Pens in 6
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BfromD on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:56 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:A quote from the nhl.com comments on the article:

I hope you Cooke-lovers and defenders really feel that bad now when Crosby is injured. Now you know a little bit what I (and many others) felt when Karlsson was injured. Even if Karlsson's injury was even worse than Crosby's injury especially with Cooke's bad history.. This is what Pens and NHL DESERVED!!!!

*yawn*
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby penny lane on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm

a-holes exist; our choice should be to ignore. Dumb blank-blank. Most comments are verbal toilets.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jamespensfan on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Why post this crap here at all?
jamespensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby djlm on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:01 pm

Funny how Whitney said to Orpik that he would hit Mario. Maybe Orpik said back he'll hit Sid someday? 2m 44 seconds.

djlm
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby GSdrums87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Just amazing to me fans are still clinging to this and actually think this way. Even mentions the NHL deserves it like its some conspiracy. Now I know why I avoid that site for almost everything.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby thepittman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:04 pm

You mean people are stupid on the internet Image
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby llipgh2 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:06 pm

And we care what some inbred puck bunny says why?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jamespensfan on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:06 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Just amazing to me fans are still clinging to this and actually think this way. Even mentions the NHL deserves it like its some conspiracy. Now I know why I avoid that site for almost everything.

People are generally vile when anonymous. And people always love a good conspiracy theory.

I don't read any comments about Pens or Steelers on national sites. We win. The losers are jealous and hate us.
jamespensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm

So Pittsburgh's starting QB and star hockey player are basically part cyborg at this point. McCutchen's turn.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shakes on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm

penny lane wrote:a-holes exist; our choice should be to ignore. Dumb blank-blank. Most comments are verbal toilets.

Well said.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:31 pm

haha @ Whitney, "I'm gonna hit him in the ankle, I know it...I'm gonna get sent down"
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guinness on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:45 pm

BfromD wrote:If 10 bans gets Sid back in the lineup, count me in. RJ has been looking for a reason to ban me since the late 90's...

I'm definitely in the 10 if *** has any say...

;)
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:54 pm

clue wrote:I hate to say it but no matter what way you spin it........they are done this year. They will not make the playoffs. They are a bad team. They give each other no on ice support. The defense is weak. We cant get any scoring from anyone from other lines......its sad and i hate to be pessimistic but the writing is on the wal....just my thoughts

For old time's sake

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32716
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens#1 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:54 pm

This sucks, get well Sid
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext