Jagr - The Streak - Cup Quest

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jagr - The Streak - Cup Quest

Postby PENGUINS UK on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 pm

I know that this post will rub people the wrong way and I promise that is not the intent. I look at the pro's and con's of the streak and the teams goal of collecting a fourth "Lord Stanley"
I really think that other than Malkin and Crosby we lack a forward that can carry the puck in traffic. I do not see any harm in having a run with Jagr, with the talent he would be surronded with on this team then I believe he can serouisly help us have a great cup run. Iginla and Morrow add to the Penguins, but I don't see the ability to control the puck in traffic. Malkin does it with skill, speed and wingspan, Crosby does it with skill, speed, strength and determination. I feel we need Jagr. If we can add Jagr and maybe another quality D then I believe this team will then be in the mold of the team that won in the 90's. Maybe even better that the best Penguin team that went down to the Islanders in 93

It is great to win games on the bounce, but so many one goal games and with a weird bounce here and there the results have gone the way of the Penguins, how that can change very quickly with unlucky bounces, and just a bad game by a few. If we were winning by 3 and 4 a night, then I would be a solid believer.

Playoffs. Capitals, Flyers just won't go away. From looking at the teams we have struggled with this season these teams scare me along with Carolina. I think the Penguins struggle with teams with size, another reason for a Jagr and maybe another Murray type. Do not want to see Jagr end up at Washington, Rangers, Bruins, or back at the flyers. If he does not come back here then please stay in the west. His production at 40 on a poor team is rather good. Here is could be outstanding. I know he has burned so many bridges, always two sides to every story. Penguins have a great shot, but then we had great shots as defending Champs, along with last year. Obviously we have some trade bait in the squad.
PENGUINS UK
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Jagr - The Streak - Cup Quest

Postby Kharlamov on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:20 pm

Not gonna happen, he's dead to the Penguins
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Iginla can carry a puck in traffic.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:28 pm

71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:28 pm

which of kunitz, dupuis, neal, or iginla is he going to displace? or are we going to overpay for TWO veteran wingers to stick on the 3rd line? this really makes no sense.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 pm

OP, I got lazy after the first couple sentences and didn't read the rest. I'm really sorry, it's honestly nothing personal
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm

PENGUINS UK wrote:I think the Penguins struggle with teams with size, another reason for a Jagr and maybe another Murray type.

How many more players do you want to add to this team? The roster is stacked enough as it is.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Also, what teams have "size", in your opinion?

Certainly haven't struggle against the big, bad Broons thus far.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kaizer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:48 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Are you serious? Jagr doesn't even want to leave Dallas. He's looking for an extension down there.

We really don't need anyone at this point.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 pm

PENGUINS UK wrote:IPlayoffs. Capitals, Flyers just won't go away. From looking at the teams we have struggled with this season these teams scare me along with Carolina. I think the Penguins struggle with teams with size, another reason for a Jagr and maybe another Murray type. Do not want to see Jagr end up at Washington, Rangers, Bruins, or back at the flyers. If he does not come back here then please stay in the west. His production at 40 on a poor team is rather good. Here is could be outstanding. I know he has burned so many bridges, always two sides to every story. Penguins have a great shot, but then we had great shots as defending Champs, along with last year. Obviously we have some trade bait in the squad.

Record against the following:

Washington(3-0)...We swept them, if you were not paying attention: 2/3: Pens 6 @ Caps 3.... 2/7: Caps 2 @ Pens 5 .... 3/19 Caps 1 @ Pens 2
Philadelphia(3-1)...1/19 Pens 3 @ Flyers 1 .... 3/20: Flyers 6 @ Pens 5 .... 3/7: Pens 5 @ Flyers 4 .... 3/24: Pens 2 @ Flyers 1
Boston(2-0)(1 Game Remaining)...3/12 Bruins 2 @ Pens 3 ... 3/17: Bruins 2 - Pens 1 .... 4/19 Pens @ Bruins
NY Rangers(3-0)(2 Games Remaining)... 1/20: Pens 6 @ Rangers 3 .... 1/31: Pens 3 @ Rangers 0 ... 3/16: Rangers 0 @ Pens 3 ... 4/3 Pens @ Rangers .... 4/5 Rangers @ Pens
Hurricanes: (0-1)(2 Games Remaining) ... 2/28: Pens 1 @ Hurricanes 4 ... 4/9: Pens @ Hurricanes ... 4/27: Hurricanes @ Pens

So, we are a grand total of 11-2 vs. the 5 teams that you are worried about.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:36 pm

If we were to add anyone else I think it would be a D-man. There's plenty of offense to go around at this point.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Desiato on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Any outside chance of obtaining Jagr was closed with the acquisition of Iginla. Not that I'd advocate trading for him otherwise.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:35 am

shafnutz05 wrote:OP, I got lazy after the first couple sentences and didn't read the rest. I'm really sorry, it's honestly nothing personal

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The nicest "TL;DR" I've ever seen on the internet.

I'll agree with you about Flyers/Caps, just because they've had abysmal seasons, anything can happen in the first round. Pens fans out of everyone should understand this.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hawkeynut on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:53 am

We need a center for Kunitz, not a winger for Crosby.

Jagr is dead to me.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins