Early Termination Fees

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Early Termination Fees

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:07 pm

To preface this, I'm not a freeloader. When a bill comes, I pay it. I know some of you picture me being a hippy with long hair, but I'm honestly closer to shad than anyone else on this board. :pop:

But this had been going on for a few months. I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S III on Sprint's Network. Great phone, horrible network. No service anywhere. Not at work. Not at home. Only place I'd get a strong signal was downtown Pittsburgh, which I really only frequent for Pens games. Last month I called them to tell them I'd no longer be using their services. I'm always civil with customer service reps cause I was there once, and I know it's not their fault. So I cancel everything, and it takes effect earlier this month.

I got a bill about a week ago saying "Hey you owe us $350 for early termination blah blah."

So I called them up. Asked immediately to talk to a supervisor. Ended up going up the chain after 15 minutes of explaining my situation. Finally it came down to "Look my credit is good enough, where if you want to dock me for not paying your early fee, I'm really not going to care." At that point, the guy asked for the final month's bill ($99) and waived the termination fee.

All it took was about 25 minutes of patience, some civility, and luck. Just wanted to throw out this story in case anyone is ever in a similar situation.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,338
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah Sprints network is horrid. You roam all the time. I got a letter from them a couple months ago saying I roamed too much and if I kept doing it they would terminate my service.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,618
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Yeah Sprints network is horrid. You roam all the time. I got a letter from them a couple months ago saying I roamed too much and if I kept doing it they would terminate my service.


Lol that's horrible. Yeah I think every call I made from work I got a roaming notice on.

It'd be excusable if it was just limited to bad 3G everywhere, cause I don't really browse the internet on a mobile device, I'm too old school...but to miss out on important client calls because of Sprint's own failure is inexcusable.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,338
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby Hockeynut! on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm

DocEmrick wrote:I'm honestly closer to shad than anyone else on this board. :pop:


I wouldn't exactly brag about that...
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,124
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:55 am

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:I'm honestly closer to shad than anyone else on this board. :pop:


I wouldn't exactly brag about that...


Go in peace, son
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,535
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby stinky on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:36 pm

I agree the Sprint network does stink now, however it will be improved by the end of the year. I work for a company that is doing part of the upgrade / builds for Sprint and we are currently scheduled to build or upgrade to 4g close to a 150 towers in western /central PA. This is part of a much larger project for the tri state area (its no secret Sprint is investing billions in network upgrades, however it is slow going. I took a gamble and switched to Sprint (my area seems fine) in the anticipation the unlimited data will actually become useful once the upgrades are complete.
stinky
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby Hockeynut! on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:43 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:I'm honestly closer to shad than anyone else on this board. :pop:


I wouldn't exactly brag about that...


Go in peace, son

:lol:
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,124
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:55 am

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 pm

stinky wrote:I agree the Sprint network does stink now, however it will be improved by the end of the year. I work for a company that is doing part of the upgrade / builds for Sprint and we are currently scheduled to build or upgrade to 4g close to a 150 towers in western /central PA. This is part of a much larger project for the tri state area (its no secret Sprint is investing billions in network upgrades, however it is slow going. I took a gamble and switched to Sprint (my area seems fine) in the anticipation the unlimited data will actually become useful once the upgrades are complete.

The unlimited data is why I went with them. Instead of roaming everywhere I use wifi a lot. But what killed my data roaming wise is I like to stream podcasts or pandora when I drive so that eats a to. F data. Good to hear they're upgrading the network though.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,618
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby redwill on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:54 pm

DocEmrick wrote:I'm honestly closer to shad than anyone else on this board.


Image
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,792
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby eddysnake on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 pm

I guess you terminated them
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,004
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby JoseCuervo on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:05 pm

I never had a problem with sprint's service when I was in Pittsburgh.

But I guess that will vary with location. Just like most networks.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Early Termination Fees

Postby mac5155 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Csb
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,665
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam


Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cagsjr724, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, NashvilleCat and 5 guests


e-mail