Randy Carlyle chimes in...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Randy Carlyle chimes in...

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Meh...I like hockey people who just say what is on their mind. I doubt he is trying to be controversial. Hockey players are superstitious and he is just talking...no biggie
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Juice on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

I know this name isn't exactly met with positivity here, and I'm not a big fan, but Madden was just DESTROYING Carlyle at around 4 on his show. I just happened to be out and flipped to the X and was straight up lol'ing in my truck.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby neophool on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 am

Steve Dave wrote:I blame Aliens!

ancientaliens.jpg
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:08 am

Hockey gods apparently don't like Colby either
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 am

I blame Matt Cooke still!
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DropEmJayBird on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 am

All the hockey gods are 4th line grinders from the 50's era from the original 6 teams. They clutched, they grabbed, they can't stand fluid skilled hockey. The hockey god from Toronto is a joke, that's why Toronto will never win a stanley cup. Often times the hockey gods are screwing with each other's team, that's how other teams win the Stanley cup, and original six teams often feel screwed by officials. In some rare cases, the hockey gods form an agreement, which is how Boston won a cup a few years ago, and Montreal in 1993 (The entire Islander team was an anti-skilled hockey creation from the depths of hockey hell that the hockey gods used to ruin hockey - thus triggering the dark ages of the clutch and grab era, the hockey gods released a monster they could not control to buy that Canadians cup, until the savior of hockey Sidney Crosby was drafted to bring light back to the game). It should be said hockey gods can not directly affect a player, that's why Crosby got hurt - Iginla pissed off the Boston hockey god, and so rather than see fast, skilled hockey - the career 4th line hockey gods again guide a puck into Crosby's mouth - to send a message to Iginla and the hockey world. This hockey team, and Crosby will deliver the game from these 4th line monsters - and destroy their petty control of the game once and for all.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jwest21 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 am

DropEmJayBird wrote:All the hockey gods are 4th line grinders from the 50's era from the original 6 teams. They clutched, they grabbed, they can't stand fluid skilled hockey. The hockey god from Toronto is a joke, that's why Toronto will never win a stanley cup. Often times the hockey gods are screwing with each other's team, that's how other teams win the Stanley cup, and original six teams often feel screwed by officials. In some rare cases, the hockey gods form an agreement, which is how Boston won a cup a few years ago, and Montreal in 1993 (The entire Islander team was an anti-skilled hockey creation from the depths of hockey hell that the hockey gods used to ruin hockey - thus triggering the dark ages of the clutch and grab era, the hockey gods released a monster they could not control to buy that Canadians cup, until the savior of hockey Sidney Crosby was drafted to bring light back to the game). It should be said hockey gods can not directly affect a player, that's why Crosby got hurt - Iginla pissed off the Boston hockey god, and so rather than see fast, skilled hockey - the career 4th line hockey gods again guide a puck into Crosby's mouth - to send a message to Iginla and the hockey world. This hockey team, and Crosby will deliver the game from these 4th line monsters - and destroy their petty control of the game once and for all.

I'd like to hear moreof this theory over a beer or 8
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:48 am

HCDB was a fourth liner, so perhaps he will be deified?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:02 pm

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby rinkflea on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Randy Carlyle has always been an old-school hockey player, but he has an impish, teasing style which he showed in the many, many locker room pranks he played on his teammates while here and in Winnipeg. I'd be willing to bet that he delivered that line with a wink and a giggle when asked for his opinion. Randy is a really great guy and has a schoolboy side of him that likes to playfully poke at people just to see what reaction he can get. As far as MM goes, he again is proving what a bozo he has always been. His schtick is to take a small incident and blow it out of proportion to rile up listeners for his show. I would rather listen to the ocean or a lecture on foot fungus than to hear his stupid voice. His comments about Carlyle are further proof that he knows little about hockey or hockey players.
rinkflea

Postby penny lane on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:16 pm

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 37m Mirtle: Carlyle not prepared to call Lupul injury a concussion /via @globeandmail http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hoc ... icle+Links

8-)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Great58 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 pm

penny lane wrote:
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 37m Mirtle: Carlyle not prepared to call Lupul injury a concussion /via @globeandmail http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hoc ... icle+Links

8-)

So it's a concussion? The hockey gods are angry with Carlyle using their names in vain?
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins