mac5155 wrote:Does anyone have recommendations for a honeymoon registry? i.e. people can just make a donation to your honeymoon fund?
You can actually set these up through many travel agencies. This is what we did; the agent that booked our trip to Italy and made all the reservations for our accommodations set up and managed the registry.
This was actually a really good thing for us. We ended up getting way more than we expected, and had a ton of cash left over after all our honeymoon expenses were paid for. In fact, we took that extra money and put it into a savings account and a few years later was part of the down payment on our first home.
I know some who do, or at least say they do. Weddings are a really different type of photography. It feels like 70% of the day there's really nothing going on and you're just taking photos because you have to be there. Then the other 30% of the day is so jam packed that you're paranoid about missing something.
Add in really annoying family/guests at the wedding that are trying so hard to get "the shot" that they don't give a second thought about stepping right in front of you to do so, and it can get super stressful.
Do. Not. Skimp. On. Photography.
We went with a young photog that quoted us way low. And we got what we paid for. You could be forgiven for thinking that we didn't actually have any guests at our reception; we got like five photos of our friends from the reception. All other shots that have guests in them, they're in the background of a picture of Wifey and me. And the kicker was the metadata on the jpg files. She brought a second photographer with her, and gave us copyright on the images..... but if you look at the metadata on the images, there are two separate gaps between consecutively numbered photos from the same camera that are ~25 minutes and ~45 minutes respectively.
I don't know if they perhaps swapped cameras while one ate, or what the deal was..... the woman never responded to my emails or phone calls. I seriously thought she forgot to send us like half the pictures she took that night. Couldn't be happier with the shots from before, during and immediately after the ceremony, but we got better pics of the reception from our friends.
count2infinity wrote:Sellotape by Flight of the Conchords?
Too Many Dicks On The Dance Floor
Or maybe Albi The Racist Dragon
count2infinity wrote:as far as when, i was thinking the rehearsal dinner.