Pens v. Rangers (4/3/13) GDT

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens v. Rangers (4/3/13) GDT

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 am

The only thing we should be worried about is getting our stars back healthy. We are allowed to lose and play badly sometimes guys. It happens.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:38 am

Well put towes
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 am

Ya know what, they played like crap, that's it. It happens. I don't think anyone should be concerned about what happens at this point. You can only win so often with a significantly depleted line-up. Plus, there are a lot of new faces here and another new face coming. It takes time to get that groove going.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 am

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. :shock:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby beachinit on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:53 am

Here is my thoughts on the game
1) Morrow---Can the guy stay on his skates for one shift. Seems like every shift he falls on the ice. So far he has been a disappointment
2) Never pair Orpick and Murray again. Wow they just looked all out of posistion
3) Defensive turnovers...Looked lazy trying to get the puck out (Orpick, Nisky, Murray and Engelland).
4) I see a trend with Iggy. He is not going to try and block any shot. I cant blame him but still that is what our team does
5) Never thought we would be saying this...But Martin is missed on the Power Play. Just has so much poise at the point.
6) The 3rd line is having troubles. Surely hasnt been our best defensive line the last 3-4 games.
beachinit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby bh on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:07 am

Yeah, you can see that Morrow and Jerome are both a little confused out there and it effects the whole line. I think Murry is the newest addition that is playing the best.

But yeah, the heart and soul of the team, not to mention best player goes down, along with Martin, Letang, and Eaton... I think a little letdown is understandable.

The defense looks terrible now. Orpik, Engo, and Niskinen are downright scary to watch. Despres seems like he's lost his mojo. Bort looks like he's going to be good, but still looks like a rookie and Murry is slow. It's just a train wreck out there now.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Saskunitz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:The only thing we should be worried about is getting our stars back healthy. We are allowed to lose and play badly sometimes guys. It happens.

Fleury disagrees! Atrocious D last night.

Saskunitz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am

bhaw wrote:Reading people's reaction to reading this board after a loss is quite boring, though.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned if this style of play keeps up going into the playoffs. We've learned from the last few years that they've tended to have mental meltdowns as May rolls near.

And I agree 100% about the "THIS BOARD IS A JOKE IT'S HILARIOUS" stuff. There are people that are way over the top negative about everything, and of course they are annoying. On the flip side, there are people that are over the top pollyannas that stake their reputation on a "everything's cool mon" approach to the Pens.

I was fully expecting (perhaps even wanting) the streak to end soon. But the team has played like crap from top to bottom the last two games, and missing their stars is a peripheral reason for that. And I truly hope that Malkin finds the gear that he has been missing all season in the playoffs. I saw someone call him the dumbest player on the team last night, which is hardly true, but boy oh boy has he made some hilariously stupid decisions this year
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:10 am

bh wrote:But yeah, the heart and soul of the team, not to mention best player goes down, along with Martin, Letang, and Eaton... I think a little letdown is understandable.

Crosby and the team did fine during the 9 games that Malkin missed during the streak. I just don't get why Malkin should be paid the SAME or more (Cap wise) than Sid based on one playoff run (09) and last years MVP performance. Sid brings it every game, every shift. Malkin seems to struggle at times during games and doesn't bring his A game consistently. Hope I am proven wrong and he goes into Beast mode, we'll see.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

First time I've ever really seen MAF that upset.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tfrizz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:05 am

Malkamaniac wrote:First time I've ever really seen MAF that upset.

And rightfully so. He had to make some huge saves just to prevent the NHL's worst offense from reaching double digits last night.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RxBandit66 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am

Engelland is awful. I hope some guys get healthy very soon soon so that chump can feast on a heavy diet of nachos.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby farnham16 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:Engelland is awful. I hope some guys get healthy very soon soon so that chump can feast on a heavy diet of nachos.

Me too. Unfortunately, Bylsma seems to adore him.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Though it didn't seem like it at the time, Crosby left a significant amount of salary on the table. If you don't think Evgeni Malkin, the reigning league MVP, a Conn Smythe Trophy winner, a former 50 goal scorer, the only player in a decade to win the Art Ross trophy twice, is worth the money he will get paid, you are, objectively, wrong.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Staggy on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:23 pm

LOL at Stepan ducking for dear life in that gif
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:40 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. :shock:

Yeah, how about that?

You need a lot of that first thing to forget what's gone down the last two games.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 pm

farnham16 wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:Engelland is awful. I hope some guys get healthy very soon soon so that chump can feast on a heavy diet of nachos.

Me too. Unfortunately, Bylsma seems to adore him.

Adores him so much that he plays the least minutes of the D? Even Bortuzzo played more than him in this game. I think he plays for his "toughness" but they clearly give him very protected minutes and he'll be scratched once/if the D are all healthy.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins