The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby jimjom on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 am

LITT, yeah they were bouncing schools out there on the not to be included list on the Fan one day...ASU, any school in the ACC, and WVU were discussed. I'd widen it personally to any team on Pitt's schedule like ND for example and perhaps Arizona.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 am

I'm so over the Shell crap. The fact that he decided to run away from his family is a joke. It is beyond a football thing now.

If I'm Pitt, I would say...here's your list of schools you can transfer to:

North Dakota
Army
Navy
Air Force
Idaho

Enjoy!
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:19 am

Not necessarily sports related, but radio related, so I thought Id post here...

Is Mike Wysocki still on DVE? I dont listen to the morning show as much anymore because it is a shell of its former self without Krenn. Though I still listen from time to time, and haven't heard Wysocki in a while. Ive also noticed that he is doing those podcasts now with Jim Krenn. Some of his stuff is lame, but Wysocki can be pure gold on occasion. Also, I noticed that there haven't been any new comedy bits on DVE from him since early March. Just curious...
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:27 am

paulsen has been carrying the load w/ t he comedy bits. and doing a pretty lousy job at it.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bioshock on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:33 am

Paulsen is just a different kind of host. I think he's a great lead man for a show but he isn't a comedian in the normal sense. When he his using dry humor to explain things or when he discussing history with that same effect, he's gold. Tremendously intelligent.

But... the nature of the morning show is more in the wheel house of the other two hosts. Randy and Bill should be involved in skits and that really should be it.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:45 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Not necessarily sports related, but radio related, so I thought Id post here...

Is Mike Wysocki still on DVE? I dont listen to the morning show as much anymore because it is a shell of its former self without Krenn. Though I still listen from time to time, and haven't heard Wysocki in a while. Ive also noticed that he is doing those podcasts now with Jim Krenn. Some of his stuff is lame, but Wysocki can be pure gold on occasion. Also, I noticed that there haven't been any new comedy bits on DVE from him since early March. Just curious...

I don't listen to the show every day, but I flip back and forth between DVE, 105.9 and 93.7 on my way in to work.

I haven't heard Wysocki on in a while. Their new in-house comedy guy is Bill Crawford, who is...OK. I do like Baumann and while some of Paulsen's skit-related humor seems dated, I'm glad he's back for 1) the Spitchokenpuke sports reports, many of which I think are brilliant, and 2) some of his non-sports related discussions, particularly on music and current events.

I became a big fan of the DVE Morning Show when it was Paulsen and Krenn in the mid-90s. The stuff they did was absolutely hysterical. When Paulsen left, I initially liked the direction the show took when Randy joined up. He's a funny guy, brilliant musician and kind of brought a bit of a fresh viewpoint to the show. At some point within the last few years, Krenn seemed to really lose his fastball. The last couple of weeks that he was on, there was a really awkward tension on the show.

I'd love to know exactly what the story was there with him and ClearChannel. As far as I know, he and Baumann never clashed, so I don't think it was a situation where creative differences between the two forced one out. I heard it was mostly money and ClearChannel basically making the call to change the direction of the show and phase him out. I do think it was strange that a guy who was so synonymous with that station never really got a chance to say goodbye.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:48 am

Stoosh wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Not necessarily sports related, but radio related, so I thought Id post here...

I don't listen to the show every day, but I flip back and forth between DVE, 105.9 and 93.7 on my way in to work.

I haven't heard Wysocki on in a while. Their new in-house comedy guy is Bill Crawford, who is...OK. I do like Baumann and while some of Paulsen's skit-related humor seems dated, I'm glad he's back for 1) the Spitchokenpuke sports reports, many of which I think are brilliant, and 2) some of his non-sports related discussions, particularly on music and current events.

I became a big fan of the DVE Morning Show when it was Paulsen and Krenn in the mid-90s. The stuff they did was absolutely hysterical. When Paulsen left, I initially liked the direction the show took when Randy joined up. He's a funny guy, brilliant musician and kind of brought a bit of a fresh viewpoint to the show. At some point within the last few years, Krenn seemed to really lose his fastball. The last couple of weeks that he was on, there was a really awkward tension on the show.

I'd love to know exactly what the story was there with him and ClearChannel. As far as I know, he and Baumann never clashed, so I don't think it was a situation where creative differences between the two forced one out. I heard it was mostly money and ClearChannel basically making the call to change the direction of the show and phase him out. I do think it was strange that a guy who was so synonymous with that station never really got a chance to say goodbye.

Unfortunately, that is the nature of radio today. If someone leaves, it's like they never existed.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:57 am

mike wazowski?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:48 pm

I just noticed that little glasses adjustment Rob Rossi did just now when Stan introduced him and it made me realize I've seen it a few times before and even on the Sunday Sports shows. Didnt think it was possible I'd want to punch him harder than I already did
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 am

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:20 am

I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISEI HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE
I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISEI HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE I HATE PAUL ZEISE
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jimjom on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 am

AH DUR AND AAAH UHHHH THIS IS PAUL ZEISE ONNA FAN 937
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby TPW on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 am

I don't have anything else to add but that Zeise impression is spot-on and made me burst out laughing.
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:39 am

Looking at the time you posted this, I'm assuming that was the hack that was on The Fan last night.

Was he drunk?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 am

No he is just incredibly dumb.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Are you sure? I caught him on the way home from my friend's place last night. Was listening to 93.7 on the way there and wasn't gonna bother trying to shuffle through music for a 5 min drive. I didn't pay much attention to what was being said after about 15-20 seconds. Just his style of talking - if you want to call it that - is just painful to listen to.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Trust me....dumb.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 pm

haha....I'll take your word for it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Paul Zeise is live and dumb tonight on KDKA right now with Ron Cook and Jeff Hathorn. Its that sports showdown show. Makes me want to bunch my flat screen TV.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 am

as I said on twitter last night, now I can put a face to the name that I'm turning off.

He looked equally as annoyed with Cook when he asked about keeping Burnett.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jimjom on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:54 am

JS© wrote:Looking at the time you posted this, I'm assuming that was the hack that was on The Fan last night.

Was he drunk?

I'm not sure if he was, but I was when I posted the impression.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stoosh on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I miss Zeise's coverage of Pitt football on the Post-Gazette (he re-signed as Pitt FB beat writer last year because Pitt is recruiting his son) Redshirt Diaries blog, but I'll tell you what I don't miss are the run-on sentences that used to permeate his posts, especially since he wrote for the P-G and you think they would have had an editor or someone take a look at those things because they were chock full of info but tough to read because dear god did he love him some run-on sentences.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jimjom on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:26 pm

I can't stomach Sam Werner anymore after he used his twitter account to detail his vacation with his "bros" where he attended a Notre Dame basketball game and posted a picture with him and his friends with Mike Brey. He was wearing a ND shirt at the time. Killed his cred from my point of view. Sure, covering Pitt is a job and you don't necessarily have to like the school or team, but posting pictures and openly cheering for one of Pitt's conference rivals is just dumb.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:28 pm

JS© wrote:Image

that is outstanding
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Stoosh wrote:I miss Zeise's coverage of Pitt football on the Post-Gazette (he re-signed as Pitt FB beat writer last year because Pitt is recruiting his son) Redshirt Diaries blog, but I'll tell you what I don't miss are the run-on sentences that used to permeate his posts, especially since he wrote for the P-G and you think they would have had an editor or someone take a look at those things because they were chock full of info but tough to read because dear god did he love him some run-on sentences.

:lol:

not bad
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR