Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 pm

JeffDFD wrote:Saw someone mention on Twitter.

Last team ever to win the Atlantic Division


I believe we were the last Patrick division champion as well. If I am wrong let me know.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Rylan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Gaucho wrote:
mariojr wrote:We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done.


Um, what?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby DelPen on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 pm

So no worse than 2nd seed. Nice. Just go out, have fun and don't make bad habits. Win or lose, don't care. Just pay well.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,925
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Flyers season effectively over at the hands of the Isles. The Isles are now 7-2-1 when it matters. They are really making strides.


Haha.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Beveridge on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Was it the 2nd cup team or the 93 team? We really are mirroring that 93 team if so. That's some bad juju.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,727
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby GDR on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:53 pm

CERV96 wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:Saw someone mention on Twitter.

Last team ever to win the Atlantic Division


I believe we were the last Patrick division champion as well. If I am wrong let me know.


you are correct.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,899
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Rylan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Remember when the 09 cup team also played Detroit in the Finals and how the past year's team failed and how history repeated itself...
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Flyers season effectively over at the hands of the Isles. The Isles are now 7-2-1 when it matters. They are really making strides.


Haha.


Perhaps the two best bubble teams in the stretch so far (not quite "rolling into the playoffs yet) - The Isles and the Caps.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby sil on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Beveridge wrote:Was it the 2nd cup team or the 93 team? We really are mirroring that 93 team if so. That's some bad juju.


While I don't believe in "juju"...we could very well end up seeing the Islanders in round 1 also.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,910
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby GDR on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 pm

I want the Isles. It would be a tough series but they're owed one for 1993.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,899
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Bennett has 10 points in 20 games. That's pretty good.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Nashville has a player named D. Bang, and to add to this story his name is pronounced "bong"
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 pm

GDR wrote:I want the Isles. It would be a tough series but they're owed one for 1993.


The Isles always scare me for some reason.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Beveridge on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Bennett has 9 points in 19 games. That's pretty good.


I'm looking forward to him being a fix in the top 6 next year. If he can keep healthy, I think he's going to be really good for us.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,727
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 pm

10 points in 20 games now. they didnt add the goal before.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Nashville has a player named D. Bang, and to add to this story his name is pronounced "bong"


If he gets hit hard will the announcers say "Bong got lit up"?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Bioshock on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Rylan wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
mariojr wrote:We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done.


Um, what?


What is this i don't even...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,814
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 pm

He's just missing a few teeth. Put a bandaid on it and and suit him up.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Sarcastic wrote:10 points in 20 games now. they didnt add the goal before.


Bennett has that "something" that we haven't seen in one of our homegrown forwards that wasn't a high 1st rounder in some time.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 pm

GDR wrote:I want the Isles. It would be a tough series but they're owed one for 1993.


I never, ever forget the silence, save for muffled sobs, at the bar I was at when that goal went in. Grown men in tears and with epic stunned faces.

If we face them, I want to crush them. Make them pay for the transgressions of their forebears!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,963
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Bioshock on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Beveridge wrote:
mariojr wrote: We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done.


Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr, he isn't worried cause he know it won't be hard to get it back on.

I honestly wonder how some people get through the day because they seem so miserable and negative all the time.


Really.

And as for the weight. It's easy to put the kind of weight back on that Crosby is losing from the liquid diet. Body bounces back real fast from that circumstance.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,814
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Nashville has a player named D. Bang, and to add to this story his name is pronounced "bong"


If he gets hit hard will the announcers say "Bong got lit up"?


Beat me to it and I ain't even mad.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,963
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Bioshock wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
mariojr wrote:We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done.


Um, what?


What is this i don't even...


As if Crosby would be laughing and smiling without any toofers when he knew he was done for the year......sheesh.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Steve Dave on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Beveridge wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Bennett has 9 points in 19 games. That's pretty good.


I'm looking forward to him being a fix in the top 6 next year. If he can keep healthy, I think he's going to be really good for us.


I can see him definitely being in the top 9. I hope Pens bring back Dupuis, Cooke, Adams and Iginla but would make for a crowded top 9 along with an older forward group.

Dupuis Crosby Iginla
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Cooke Sutter Bennett
Glass Jokinen Adams
Vitale
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby brwi on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:10 points in 20 games now. they didnt add the goal before.


Bennett has that "something" that we haven't seen in one of our homegrown forwards that wasn't a high 1st rounder in some time.


He doesn't look like a newb out on the ice for one thing. He plays with confidence despite being a rookie and doesn't look out of place at all on the roster, regardless of his linemates.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,132
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bathgate, Geezer, sniper and 12 guests


e-mail