Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:43 pm

RIP Roger Ebert.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,654
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:09 pm

I loved that trailer for Only God Forgives.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Movie

Postby nocera on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:21 pm

I watched This is 40 and was enjoying it fine until the Flyers decided to show up.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,965
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:30 pm

I'll be honest, didn't know what JVR looked like till that movie.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,029
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Watching Quantum of Solace for the first time.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,029
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:02 am

Did not like.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,029
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Movie

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Did not like.

Made during the writers strike.

I'LL STEAL ALL THE WATER!!!
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,184
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: Movie

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:40 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Did not like.

Made during the writers strike.

I'LL STEAL ALL THE WATER!!!


Such a horrible plot. Good luck getting the rest of the world to care about a Bolivian utility takeover
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,465
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 am

watched Les Miserables again last night, I liked Russel Crowe a lot better this time around than the first. Terrific movie.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,654
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 pm

I feel like this is better to put here than in a PR thread...morrow looks like the raper from irreversible.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,247
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Eismann on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 pm

shmenguin wrote:I feel like this is better to put here than in a PR thread...morrow looks like the raper from irreversible.


I would have gone with Rowdy Burns from Days of Thunder, but I can see that, too.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,300
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Somebody's funny nightmare

Re: Movie

Postby the wicked child on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Up through Diamonds are Forever now on the bond collection. Fun movie as usual, but man were the explosion effects bad during the satellite attacks. I don't know if the blu-ray makes them stand out more or what but l. o. l.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,395
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:07 am

John dies at the end :not real sure what I just watched, but it was totally awesome.

End of watch was really good as well.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,654
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby Eismann on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:11 am

Victim. Had a pretty solid concept, but was bad in most every other way.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,300
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Somebody's funny nightmare

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:33 am

Neill Blomkamp (district 9) next flick "Elysium"
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,654
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:35 am

I started watching Cowboys vs Aliens the other day. What I saw, I enjoyed, will be concluding soon. Maybe tonight.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,029
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:08 am

finally saw sinister last night. loved it.

Spoiler:
there were some clumsy moments (mainly everything involving his wife and the little notes he kept writing. "who is filming?" really? you had to write that down?). but really good. they established a good background for the "villain". too many times, creepy stuff ends up being totally arbitrary. not really the case here. though i guess it was a little derivative of "the ring". i haven't had that many, "GAHHH!!" moments watching a movie in a loooong time.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,247
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am

shmenguin wrote:finally saw sinister last night. loved it.

Spoiler:
there were some clumsy moments (mainly everything involving his wife and the little notes he kept writing. "who is filming?" really? you had to write that down?). but really good. they established a good background for the "villain". too many times, creepy stuff ends up being totally arbitrary. not really the case here. though i guess it was a little derivative of "the ring". i haven't had that many, "GAHHH!!" moments watching a movie in a loooong time.


the movie is really about the super 8 clips. Everything else is just a framing device. If the super 8 stuff had been poorly done, this would have been an awful movie. But they were great, so the movie worked.

the lawnmower.... I actually gasped at that.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,507
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:17 am

Froggy wrote:
shmenguin wrote:finally saw sinister last night. loved it.

Spoiler:
there were some clumsy moments (mainly everything involving his wife and the little notes he kept writing. "who is filming?" really? you had to write that down?). but really good. they established a good background for the "villain". too many times, creepy stuff ends up being totally arbitrary. not really the case here. though i guess it was a little derivative of "the ring". i haven't had that many, "GAHHH!!" moments watching a movie in a loooong time.


the movie is really about the super 8 clips. Everything else is just a framing device. If the super 8 stuff had been poorly done, this would have been an awful movie. But they were great, so the movie worked.


i suppose, but they didn't drop the ball on the surrounding framework. i think it helped that ethan hawke is a guy who knows what he's doing.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,247
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Over the Top... yep. that is happening right now.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,507
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Froggy wrote:Over the Top... yep. that is happening right now.

"Its like a switch"
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,909
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Insert Witty Comment Here

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:47 pm

am i nuts, or is Over the Top actually a kind of good movie?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,507
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Froggy wrote:am i nuts, or is Over the Top actually a kind of good movie?

I dig it. So it has to be good.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,909
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Insert Witty Comment Here

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am

It's good, but you're probably still nuts.

Watched explorers last night, our goto movie when me and my son are both sick
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,654
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:08 am

Flash Gordon is one of my all-time guilty pleasure movies. Such bad acting, such lame special effects and a Queen soundtrack? I'm in every time it's on.


blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,693
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: demondg1, Dickie Dunn, NashvilleCat, Rocco, SolidSnake and 11 guests

e-mail