SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby sil on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:39 pm

I believe their (Flyers) probablity is now down to something like 7%.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,861
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby ChiTraderRob on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Updated as of 4/11
ChiTraderRob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,919
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:52 am
Location: Chicago, via Somerset, PA

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby ChiTraderRob on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 am

Updated as of 4/13
ChiTraderRob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,919
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:52 am
Location: Chicago, via Somerset, PA

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby MayIsForHockey on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm

In the Christmas (red-green-gold) grid, the NYI column shows the game @BUF on 4/27. That's the wrong date. The game is on 4/26. It is correct in the BUF column.

Fwiw, I think it would be helpful to duplicate the team names at the bottom - to make it easier to look up the columns. I like to scroll that grid day-by-day & lose the headers when doing so.

Great job. This is always a great resource down the stretch.
MayIsForHockey
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:19 am

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby ChiTraderRob on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Again, sorry for the erratic updates...In addition to my "real job", I'm co-owner of a restaurant that recently opened, so I've been stretched pretty thin. I have adjusted the schedule to not all the changes with everything going down in Boston...also fixed MayIsFoHockey's correction and suggestion. All updated as of 4/18.
ChiTraderRob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,919
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:52 am
Location: Chicago, via Somerset, PA

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby ChiTraderRob on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Updated as of 4/21...Added in the remaining schedule of Chicago for the President's Trophy race...also added in What if based on best case scenario of a Chicago loss and a Pens win (so for tonight, a Pens win and a Hawks loss yields an increase of 4.8% for us to get the best record.
ChiTraderRob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,919
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:52 am
Location: Chicago, via Somerset, PA

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby relantel on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Basically Chicago would need to go no better than 1-2-1 while the Penguins win out. Pens only edge would be the ROW tiebreaker (leading 31-28) as the points differential tiebreaker goes against them at the moment (+42 to Hawks +52). With their schedule though, having Calgary and Edmonton on it, I don't see a real path that involves a result other than Chicago clinching the President's trophy.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,017
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby Shakes on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 am

Well, President's Trophy done. I'll take either NY team, thank you. Nothing to do with matchups. I'm just tired of the Cooke story and don't want to read and hear about it for another week.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby Headshot77 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 am

Shakes wrote:Well, President's Trophy done. I'll take either NY team, thank you. Nothing to do with matchups. I'm just tired of the Cooke story and don't want to read and hear about it for another week.

The "Death to Matt Cooke" thing is advantageous to us though. Did you see how Cooke was able to draw 2 or 3 penalties just by being Matt Cooke? Ottawa was so unfocused that game, I would assume that would carry over to the playoffs.
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 am

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Headshot77 wrote:
Shakes wrote:Well, President's Trophy done. I'll take either NY team, thank you. Nothing to do with matchups. I'm just tired of the Cooke story and don't want to read and hear about it for another week.

The "Death to Matt Cooke" thing is advantageous to us though. Did you see how Cooke was able to draw 2 or 3 penalties just by being Matt Cooke? Ottawa was so unfocused that game, I would assume that would carry over to the playoffs.


Yeah, maybe you're right and that would work for a win or 2. But I think the Pens can beat the Isles/Rags, and like I said, the Cooke story makes me :roll:, and I've had enough.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby canaan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am

ChiTraderRob wrote:Again, sorry for the erratic updates...In addition to my "real job", I'm co-owner of a restaurant that recently opened, so I've been stretched pretty thin. I have adjusted the schedule to not all the changes with everything going down in Boston...also fixed MayIsFoHockey's correction and suggestion. All updated as of 4/18.

no shameless promotion on the restaurant?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,805
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: SCHEDULE GRID, STANDINGS, & PLAYOFF PROBABILITIES

Postby relantel on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 am

canaan wrote:
ChiTraderRob wrote:Again, sorry for the erratic updates...In addition to my "real job", I'm co-owner of a restaurant that recently opened, so I've been stretched pretty thin. I have adjusted the schedule to not all the changes with everything going down in Boston...also fixed MayIsFoHockey's correction and suggestion. All updated as of 4/18.

no shameless promotion on the restaurant?

You never know, depending on where it is, we might be able to drive some business its way.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,017
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beech_is_God, skullman80 and 3 guests

cron
e-mail