4/11/13 Penguins v. Lightning- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 4/11/13 Penguins v. Lightning- Official Game Thread

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 pm

columbia wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
columbia wrote:Is the Fire DB thread still germain or have all of the people that agitated for that been relegated to the ECHL?

I refuse to respond lest I be called a troll.

Please do.

Whoever on this board agreed with that sentiment at that time should dig themselves a hole and jump in it. There were some who simply stated that he needs to go deep in these playoffs, which is perfectly valid - but the others.....uniformed.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shakes on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Vokoun stunk tonight, but what a great sign that the team can pick up their backup and win a game by overwhelming a terrible opponent.

Getting Letang back not only adds a great transition player to the lineup, but it makes Niskanen that much better at the transition game as well since he finds himself in different matchups and not doing the heavy lifting.

The new guys are everything we needed, and everything we hoped to get in each of them.

Neal, Crosby and Martin being added to this team should be very frightening to the East. Heard on XM today from Healy that the Pens are clearly the most talented, deepest and most unified team as the playoffs approach. I would have to agree.

These weak sister southern opponents in the past would have been easy to overlook. The new leaders added to this team seem to really even out the effort without Sid to lead.

I could not be happier with this team's makeup.

Oh, and the Flyers lost again.

This times 100. Letang has such a big impact all over the ice and through the lineup. Nicky looked way better in a lesser role. Martin has a similar effect.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby marek on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:17 am

knives of ice wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
knives of ice wrote:This game is pretty much the definition of a trap....and the line movement in the gambling odds tonight agrees. Don't be surprised is the pens lay an egg. Hope that doesn't happen

ehhnnnnnnnnnn

You obviously don't know what a trap is.

i'm glad it didn't happen, but it was the definition of a trap game. glad the penguins were focused enough not to get caught.

Two puck line wins in a row :) I may need to go car shopping
Keep up the good work boys!
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 am

Jokinen pick up of the year soo far! :) :thumb:
Iginla scored,then goal credited to Kunitz?
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 am

The Snapshot wrote:
columbia wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
columbia wrote:Is the Fire DB thread still germain or have all of the people that agitated for that been relegated to the ECHL?

Please do.

Whoever on this board agreed with that sentiment at that time should dig themselves a hole and jump in it. There were some who simply stated that he needs to go deep in these playoffs, which is perfectly valid - but the others.....uniformed.

At the time, the team was ****. The defense was ****. My opinion has changed because he finally changed the system up so we stopped giving up 5 goals per game. If you want to say it's uniformed to notice that the team D sucked balls for the better part of 2 seasons then finally got on track about 4 games into the winning streak so be it. He still needs to show us something in the playoffs. there are no excuses this year, which people have been more than happy to provide for his progressively worse playoff performances.

If you are going to sit here and say the team is playing the same as they were before, I will say you are the one who is uninformed. Also, appreciate the irony of the person who complains about Fleury being a crappy goalie every year calling people who point out valid reasons to absolutely hate how the team was playing under their coach "uninformed." Very much appreciate it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 am

And if you want to point out that your opinion of MAF changed because he started playing better (while still talking down on people who held a negative opinion of DB when the team sucked out loud), then instead of being uniformed, you can be reclassified as hypocritical.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 am

BOOM GOES THE HAMMER OF TRUTH. BHAW SWINGS TRUE

bhaw wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
columbia wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

Please do.

At the time, the team was ****. The defense was ****. My opinion has changed because he finally changed the system up so we stopped giving up 5 goals per game. If you want to say it's uniformed to notice that the team D sucked balls for the better part of 2 seasons then finally got on track about 4 games into the winning streak so be it. He still needs to show us something in the playoffs. there are no excuses this year, which people have been more than happy to provide for his progressively worse playoff performances.

If you are going to sit here and say the team is playing the same as they were before, I will say you are the one who is uninformed. Also, appreciate the irony of the person who complains about Fleury being a crappy goalie every year calling people who point out valid reasons to absolutely hate how the team was playing under their coach "uninformed." Very much appreciate it.

bhaw wrote:And if you want to point out that your opinion of MAF changed because he started playing better (while still talking down on people who held a negative opinion of DB when the team sucked out loud), then instead of being uniformed, you can be reclassified as hypocritical.

:fist: :thumb:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby DesertPenguin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:00 am

Jokinen playing great right now. It's amazing sometimes what a change of scenery and a fresh start can go for a guy. Him and Morrow seem to have a little chemistry going too. When everyone comes back healthy, what do you think of using Jussi on the 3rd line wing? He deserves better than the 4th line when guys come back, and he could help out Sutter on draws.

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Jokinen
Cooke - Adams - Bennett/TK/Glass

That lineup looks lethal.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens2005 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:26 am

DesertPenguin wrote:Jokinen playing great right now. It's amazing sometimes what a change of scenery and a fresh start can go for a guy. Him and Morrow seem to have a little chemistry going too. When everyone comes back healthy, what do you think of using Jussi on the 3rd line wing? He deserves better than the 4th line when guys come back, and he could help out Sutter on draws.

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla

I concur.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:42 am

DB changed the system?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bioshock on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 am

Gaucho wrote:DB changed the system?

By a lot, yeah.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:54 am

bhaw wrote:And if you want to point out that your opinion of MAF changed because he started playing better (while still talking down on people who held a negative opinion of DB when the team sucked out loud), then instead of being uniformed, you can be reclassified as hypocritical.

This x 1000. Hindsight is 20/20, and in this case it isn't even hindsight as much as a figure of criticism changing his ways.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Inkio on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 am

DesertPenguin wrote:Jokinen playing great right now. It's amazing sometimes what a change of scenery and a fresh start can go for a guy. Him and Morrow seem to have a little chemistry going too. When everyone comes back healthy, what do you think of using Jussi on the 3rd line wing? He deserves better than the 4th line when guys come back, and he could help out Sutter on draws.

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Adams

That Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis line has been doing amazing.
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby headh on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:28 am

10-36-9 looks like a great combination to me. I wouldn't be in any rush to demote Jussi for Sutter and his 14 points in 41 games
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Beveridge on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:29 am

Inkio wrote:

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Adams

That Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis line has been doing amazing.

I like those lines, but I doubt we see them. Iggy and Geno are starting to get in a little grove together and that's because Iggy is playing his usual RW. It adds a problem when Neal comes back on keeping things consistent.

Neal is a good player, but I'm a little worried about lines when he comes back. I wish we could clone Kunitz so Crosby and Geno could both have him. He's the perfect compliment to both.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:57 am

I hate euros, but Jokinen has been fantastic for this team. Just what they needed, when they needed it. He'll drop off or cool down, but by then we'll have Sid back and it'll be a moot point.

Being a part of this team he probably saw it as, potentially, his only shot at making it to the cup, and that would no doubt rejuvenate any former 30g scorer. Outstanding performances by him thus far.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:06 am

DocEmrick wrote:I hate euros

DocEmrick? You mean DonCherry.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pcm on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 am

Nothing ever works out like you plan, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work out.

Kunitz-Crosby-Neal
Bennett-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Adams

2 first lines & 2 3rd lines. You could also switch Neal and Duper... and have 2 first lines 1 2nd line and 1 3rd line.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:41 am

Not hypocritical at all. I simply said Fleury stunk in a stretch where the GA was being pushed as the reason to fire Bylsma. Actually dead on. Fluery and Vokoun both started playing better and in a few games of the streak made 30-35 saves. There were games before the streak where they were surrendering 2 bad goals a game, including the big comeback against the Flyers.

I never asked for Fleury to be benched, fired or traded. That would have been uninformed.

The folks who wanted Bylsma fired were reactionary and uninformed. Its not talking down, it is pointing out how extreme and uninformed the whole thread was. The thread was started by a troll and many followed when they were sitting at #2 in the conference and NO GM in the league would have made that move. Simple.

Truth - this exit.
Last edited by The Snapshot on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 am

meow wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:I hate euros

DocEmrick? You mean DonCherry.

The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 am

I'm still far from sold on Bylsma. Lets see what happens in May.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm still far from sold on Bylsma. Lets see what happens in May.

And as I said above, that is a valid position. He has all of the tools now to win it all. Anything less than a trip to at least the Finals would be a disappointment. A calm, informed decision in the off-season would be warranted.

I don't agree that anything less than a Cup would mean he would HAVE to be fired though. We know we can handle any team in the East, but losing to Chicago in a 6-7 game final in my opinion would not mean a total failure. They are pretty darn good.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm still far from sold on Bylsma. Lets see what happens in May.

Completely agree.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:59 am

The dude who was "regularly out coaching" DB is likely to be fired in a few weeks.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 am

columbia wrote:The dude who was "regularly out coaching" DB is likely to be fired in a few weeks.

CHOPPING BLOCK
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins