4/11/13 Penguins v. Lightning- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 4/11/13 Penguins v. Lightning- Official Game Thread

Postby Desiato on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:35 pm

The Snapshot wrote:I know Hockey. Many on this board do. Many others do not. Those that do know probably aren't upset by the previous statement.

Super. Maybe you should start a Snapshot Knows Hockey thread where you can resurrect this topic before derailing another thread.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:41 pm

joopen wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
joopen wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Are the people arguing with snapshot actually disagreeing with what he said about Fleury? It seems like it was true at the time, and i'd bet a whole lot on it being true for long periods of time again in the future. Also, are you arguing that it would not have been puzzling for a coach to get fired in the middle of a short season when the team was in a playoff spot and there was no reason to think they weren't a cup contender? And I get accused of arguing for arguments sake...

I'm not even sure what the issue is, except that one poster who I actually enjoy reading took issue with something I said about something - but that had nothing to do with what he actually said.

I was jabbing at one poster in particular who posts nothing of merit and I offended apparently multiple people who then attack in a pack - yet have not proven a single thing I said was incorrect. Then I am tweaked at by folks apparently upset that I don't end all my posts with hugs and IMHO instead of a firm position.

I could be wrong, IMHO......

This is where it went wrong:

Whoever on this board agreed with that sentiment at that time should dig themselves a hole and jump in it.

You then went on a self-righteous campaign of you're right and anyone who disagrees is uninformed. People were unhappy with Bylsma at the time, me included. It appeared that he either couldn't or wouldn't adjust his approach or system. The team was playing lazy defense and lacked any semblance of discipline. This had been going on for quite some time, dating back to last season. At that point in time it was perfectly reasonable for people to discuss if the coach should be fired. You then created your crusade against the goaltending. Your stance was that the goaltending was creating the lousy defensive zone coverage. Now, both the coaching and the goaltending are performing at the expected level but only the people questioning the coach who was underperforming at the time are wrong and uninformed. You are apparently free of the same standards you place on them. The final nail in the coffin is the arrogance of saying "I'm right". No your opinion was the goaltending was poor, not the defense. Other people said the defense was poor and placed that at the feet of the coach. Both started playing better at the same time which is pretty much the only way you go on a 15 game winning streak. To come out and say "I'm right" just comes off as arrogant and belittling. You may in fact be right. You can't prove you are right. You can't prove it wasn't the defense that started playing better first. One makes the other better and vice versa. Its not your message that makes people mad. Its your delivery.

- I said people who wanted Bylsma fired "at that time" were nuts. They were. It was panic born of three seasons where they won 1 playoff series. In the end, it was clearly reactionary and wrong. How can you deny that?

Its not your message that makes people mad. Its your delivery.

- I said defense cannot improve in front of a goalie giving up 2 soft goals a game. Soft goals are by definition "the goalie should have had that" - and those are easy for even Hockey Newbs to see. Fleury's inconsistency is documented by just about anyone who analyzes hockey. It has dogged him forever, and that is NOT my opinion - it is fact. At the time of the Fire Bylsma thread he was playing terrible and yes it coincided with Vokoun hitting a rough patch as well. Goalies know when they've missed one, and Fleury knew he was not making saves he should have.

- That is all I said. Everything else is what others want to read into it. When one poster after another wants to stretch my words or blatantly twist them because they don't like the tone of my posts - I guess I can defend myself or just ignore it. When I choose to defend myself against 7 or 8 folks who happened to support a ludicrous idea I guess that makes me "insert issue with Snapshot here".

- Funny that the Tangradi just needs quality ice time crowd doesn't seem so aggressive.....

At this point the season is going so well I don't even care. I guess I'll just enjoy the games while the board now takes on the momentum of the "James Neal is an AHL player without Malkin" line of thinking.

I support every current Penguin with the exception of Tanner Glass. This team is built perfectly. Every player is capable of giving what is needed. If the team fails it will be on goaltending or the coach. I'll let Shero decide which, but I don't think they are going to fail.

I know Hockey. Many on this board do. Many others do not. Those that do know probably aren't upset by the previous statement.

You are being abrasive just to be abrasive.

P.S. I would say 3 seasons is a long enough time for an issue to be present to start questioning it.

My delivery is pointed only when the pack descends. I didn't single out anyone in the initial post, except one poster who knows who he is. The rest is just about hitting nerves I wasn't targeting.

In terms of the delivery offending people, I guess there's always the foe category. It would be a shame, since I do not troll
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Desiato on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Every time you bring up the fire db topic out of context, you're trolling. That's what trolling is.

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby count2infinity on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:54 pm

The Snapshot wrote:My delivery is pointed only when the pack descends. I didn't single out anyone in the initial post, except one poster who knows who he is. The rest is just about hitting nerves I wasn't targeting.

In terms of the delivery offending people, I guess there's always the foe category. It would be a shame, since I do not troll

count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Dang, haven't been in here since last night.

Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:57 pm

I would rather talk about chicks.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I would rather talk about chicks.

Miranda Cosgrove, Selena Gomez, Kristin Stewart or Jennifer Lawrence? (All are legal 8-) )
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

I have a thing for brunettes
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby tfrizz on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Godric wrote:

Jennifer Lawrence

:thumb: :thumb:
:fist:
:pop:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm

tfrizz wrote:
Godric wrote:

Jennifer Lawrence

:thumb: :thumb:
:fist:
:pop:

Meh. Jennifer Lawrence is superbly fine no doubt, but in the context of celebrity beauty...

Even though I absolutely hate her... I think Kristin Stewart blows them all out of the water when consulting visual appeal alone :slug:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Godric wrote:I have a thing for brunettes

Me too. I don't know what it is but girls with black hair have been most popular with me lately. Ukrainian or Hungarian or Romanian girls with black hair... mmm.

I like Selena Gomez a lot.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:15 pm

I find Kristen Stewart like not attractive at all. I dunno if it's the twilight movies or what, but she just does nothing for me.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 pm

skullman80 wrote:I find Kristen Stewart like not attractive at all. I dunno if it's the twilight movies or what, but she just does nothing for me.

I just try to block out the memory of everything twilight and who Kristin Stewart is whenever I see her in a photo
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Well, at least people aren't fighting anymore, lol.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Pens4Life wrote:https://www.google.si/search?q=Jessica+Stroup&hl=sl&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=n35oUfa0PIGQtQaiuYDgCA&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=685

Jessica Stroup is one sexy women :fist: :wink:

:thumb: never heard of her before... reminds of the sexy women that are Olivia Munn and Olivia Wilde

http://www.scenicreflections.com/files/ ... __yvt2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_763PO-U5WR0/T ... i_7884.jpg
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Well, at least people aren't fighting anymore, lol.

I think the last few pages demonstrated that nothing could happen in the next 1,000 pages to make one particular poster realize he needs to stop trolling and admit his arrogance
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:02 pm

I liked the thread better when people were simply going after each other's throat.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Godric wrote:

I think the last few pages demonstrated that nothing could happen in the next 1,000 pages to make one particular poster realize he needs to stop trolling and admit his arrogance

Nice. I am a troll now.

**** you and this board. Sorry RJ, but this place blows now. Ban me please.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Dude I didn't even do or say anything to you. Foe me
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Oh, crap.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:20 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Godric wrote:

Nice. I am a troll now.

Easy, Snapper. I don't always agree with you, but I like your arrogance...er, posts. :face:

But seriously, yeah, let this blow over. Playoffs are coming...
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Why do people get so worked up over a friggin internet messageboard? Step back and take a deep breath. It's really not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Checked out 6 hours ago. What happened since then? lol
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Shakes wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
Godric wrote:

Nice. I am a troll now.

Easy, Snapper. I don't always agree with you, but I like your arrogance...er, posts. :face:

But seriously, yeah, let this blow over. Playoffs are coming...

Honestly hope no one gets banned and it does just blow over.... Pens are gonna have some really really awesome moments in this playoffs
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins