UPDATE: Post 3,000 - Ask JeffDFD anything...AGAIN for 5000!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: UPDATE: Post 3,000 - Ask JeffDFD anything...AGAIN for 50

Postby JeffDFD on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Willie Kool wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:What have I got in my pocket?

At least one of them is empty.

No, no, no. You said ask me a question. Well, that is my question; what have I got in my pocket?

I did answer...just because you didnt like it is not my problem. I think I am correct so it is the right answer as well as you didn't specify a pocket. Either way, I said you can ask me anything. I didn't say I would answer it at all, let alone answer correctly, humorously, or to your exact specifications...I only said you can ask me anything.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:54 am

Have you seen The Hobbit?
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 am

blackjack68 wrote:Have you seen The Hobbit?

I have not although i do want to. I am like a year behind on movies if not more.

The pleasures of having a one year old and another on the way.

I think I've seen one movie in the theaters in the last year.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 am

Got my nieces 1st birthday partay today. In a real tight spot, I'm taking levofloxacin 500mg and albuterol sulfate inhaler 180mcg ever 4 hours and benzonatate 100mg for my bronkaspairitis (auto correct works) & sinus infection. Now the dilemma, there will be moonshine present, should I sit this round out?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:34 am

eddysnake wrote:Got my nieces 1st birthday partay today. In a real tight spot, I'm taking levofloxacin 500mg and albuterol sulfate inhaler 180mcg ever 4 hours and benzonatate 100mg for my bronkaspairitis (auto correct works) & sinus infection. Now the dilemma, there will be moonshine present, should I sit this round out?

I guess it depends if you think Heath Ledger went out "in style" or not.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby eddysnake on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:38 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Got my nieces 1st birthday partay today. In a real tight spot, I'm taking levofloxacin 500mg and albuterol sulfate inhaler 180mcg ever 4 hours and benzonatate 100mg for my bronkaspairitis (auto correct works) & sinus infection. Now the dilemma, there will be moonshine present, should I sit this round out?

You're not Jeff and I keep thinking he's a doctor but it's DFD, but I think your right on this one. Gone too soon.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:07 am

eddysnake wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

You're not Jeff and I keep thinking he's a doctor but it's DFD, but I think your right on this one. Gone too soon.

No I'm not Jeff, and I normally wouldn't have butted in, but I'd never have forgiven myself if I found out something had happened to you (I know you weren't 100% serious - but why take the chance)

Besides if you read my post in JTOR this AM you'll know why this is a sensitive subject to me today. :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby eddysnake on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:13 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

No I'm not Jeff, and I normally wouldn't have butted in, but I'd never have forgiven myself if I found out something had happened to you (I know you weren't 100% serious - but why take the chance)

Besides if you read my post in JTOR this AM you'll know why this is a sensitive subject to me today. :)

No worries epp, I am rarely serious on here. Keep fighting the good fight, adoption for that boy could be a blessing in disguise down the road.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Willie Kool on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 am

JeffDFD wrote:

I have not although i do want to.

You'll understand my question and reply once you do. :wink:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:26 am

Willie Kool wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:

I have not although i do want to.

You'll understand my question and reply once you do. :wink:

:D
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby canaan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:36 am

on the flip side of the coin, moonshine heals all wounds. im pretty sure thats what the red potion is in zelda.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:04 pm

canaan wrote:on the flip side of the coin, moonshine heals all wounds. im pretty sure thats what the red potion is in zelda.

I thought a little may provide some type of healing, but I didn't want it at the cost of the other synthetic drugs I'm on and I think you're onto something with that zelda comment
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes...goodness yes! Sit it out, don't die.

Haha...made me lol.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:59 pm

And just to make it clear...I am not a doctor, no. Jeff - DFD, not Jeff - MD, or Jeff-DMD or any of those! I cannot diagnose you or clean your teeth!

But yes, moonshine and almost anything usually ends up as a bad idea. Moonshine and air? Chances are still high you regret it the next day!
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 am

you asked for more questions...

how does an internal combustion engine work? i understand fuel injection/vapor/etc, but how is the heat converted into usable energy that makes tires spin?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri May 03, 2013 11:25 am

you a doctor right? did you deliver your baby?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JeffDFD on Fri May 03, 2013 11:26 am

shmenguin wrote:you asked for more questions...

how does an internal combustion engine work? i understand fuel injection/vapor/etc, but how is the heat converted into usable energy that makes tires spin?

I just want to reiterate that, while all questions may be asked - it does not mean that I know the answer or am an expert in any way.

In this case, I do not naturally know a ton about cars, so wikipedia to the rescue for you, bold by me to what I think answers your question:

The internal combustion engine is an engine in which the combustion of a fuel (normally a fossil fuel) occurs with an oxidizer (usually air) in a combustion chamber that is an integral part of the working fluid flow circuit. In an internal combustion engine (ICE) the expansion of the high-temperature and high-pressure gases produced by combustion apply direct force to some component of the engine. The force is applied typically to pistons, turbine blades, or a nozzle. This force moves the component over a distance, transforming chemical energy into useful mechanical energy. The first commercially successful internal combustion engine was created by Étienne Lenoir.[1]

The ICE is quite different from external combustion engines, such as steam or Stirling engines, in which the energy is delivered to a working fluid not consisting of, mixed with, or contaminated by combustion products. Working fluids can be air, hot water, pressurized water or even liquid sodium, heated in some kind of boiler. ICEs are usually powered by energy-dense fuels such as gasoline or diesel, liquids derived from fossil fuels. While there are many stationary applications, most ICEs are used in mobile applications and are the dominant power supply for cars, aircraft, and boats.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

ahhh...the gases produced by the combustion move the pistons and whatnot. thanks
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Fri May 03, 2013 11:32 am

eddysnake wrote:you a doctor right? did you deliver your baby?

I am a doctor of loooooooooooove...which got me into this situation! Ok, no I am not a doctor of love, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Actually, I have never done that either I don't think. Driving to the beach we stopped at one and they wanted like $125 for a night or something. The one just across the street wanted $55. It was already like 2 AM, so I just needed to sleep, get up and leave. I think that makes me smarter than Holiday Inn Express. It would have been dumb to stay there that night.

I did not deliver my own baby, but I did cut the cord...close enough, right? I think I will make my way downstairs right now and find a white lab coat so I can deliver some babies.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Fri May 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Looking back on this thread, I did not visit reddit at all when I made it. Now, after knowing reddit for a bit, I realize this thread is kind of like their popular AMA threads. I vaguely remember someone maybe asking the horse/duck or whatever question that is always popular on reddit. I haven't looked for it, but I probably already answered it without knowing where the question was coming from. Weird to think I made this thread in my own mind one day and it is actually a popular internet "thing" that already exists. Also happy that, when I originally posted it, everyone didn't just say "OP is a **%, repost!"
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JS© on Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 pm

You may have already answered this in the concert thread, but this one is a two-parter:

a)What is the worst show that you've seen live? This can be anything from concert, standup, etc?
b)Is there a show that you would not attend even if you were given free tickets and a large monetary bribe?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ville5 on Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Is it ok to scratch the "boys" in public? Just outside, if so? Or can you go for a dip? Sometimes it just can't wait, ya know?
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri May 03, 2013 12:43 pm

so now you have your second child, do you feel like you will love your first child less? if not, do you feel guilty that perhaps you could have loved your first child more if your level of love for child 1 is equal to that of child 2? one man only has so much love.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri May 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Jeff, explain the fart. Why does ass become a musical instrument.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri May 03, 2013 2:07 pm

ville5 wrote:Is it ok to scratch the "boys" in public? Just outside, if so? Or can you go for a dip? Sometimes it just can't wait, ya know?

#Lotramin

:)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR