4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:16 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Shakes wrote:Image


If Anthony Kiedis, Iggy Pop, and Patti Smith got together and had a kid...

Wow Dish totally called it!

Speaking of which...on WQED tonight at 10 is Doors live at the dust bowl, and The Who Live 1975. ;)


FC lit my fire with the Who info.

:o
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,993
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby tfrizz on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 pm

farnham16 wrote:No clue how you don't have Bennett in the playoffs with the way he's playing.

Where do you put him if the team's completely healthy? The top 6 is spoken for, then you've got Cooke, Sutter, Morrow, Jokinen, Kennedy, Adams, Vitale, and Glass for the bottom 6.

Not playing Bennett in the playoffs has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the ridiculous depth up front if everyone is healthy.
Last edited by tfrizz on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,299
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby columbia on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Bennett is already a heck of a playmaker.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,362
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 pm

This is probably the least important game the Penguins have played in April in the last 5 years.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,316
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Beveridge on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Jussi is still probably better than any center Iggy has played with still.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,740
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Grunthy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 pm

tfrizz wrote:
farnham16 wrote:No clue how you don't have Bennett in the playoffs with the way he's playing.

Where do you put him if the team's completely healthy? The top 6 is spoken for, then you've got Cooke, Sutter, Morrow, Jokinen, Kennedy, Adams, Vitale, and Glass for the bottom 6.



Bye Kennedy and glass.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,884
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Just heard a reply of Lange's goal call of Morrow's goal. Sounds like a game at the CEC. (But louder :pop: :wink: )
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,993
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Shakes wrote:Image


If Anthony Kiedis, Iggy Pop, and Patti Smith got together and had a kid...

Wow Dish totally called it!

Speaking of which...on WQED tonight at 10 is Doors live at the dust bowl, and The Who Live 1975. ;)


FC lit my fire with the Who info.

:o

Im hoping for Boris The Spider personally...
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,437
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby pcm on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 pm

tfrizz wrote:
farnham16 wrote:No clue how you don't have Bennett in the playoffs with the way he's playing.

Where do you put him if the team's completely healthy? The top 6 is spoken for, then you've got Cooke, Sutter, Morrow, Jokinen, Kennedy, Adams, Vitale, and Glass for the bottom 6.


Play him over Kennedy, Glass, and Vitale. Jokinen takes Glass' spot ont he PK.

Morrow-Jokinen-Bennett
Cooke-Sutter-Adams
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,348
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Beveridge on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 pm

5th line of kennedy vitale and glass could be 3rd on some teams. That's saying something.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,740
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby dbizzle66 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Poor dan potash .. lol
dbizzle66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm watching the FLA feed and there's a creepy locker room intermission cam in the Panthers locker room.

Wow--look at TOR beating up on MTL. LOL @ the Flyers.

Also, NPR, but the Yale-Quinnipiac game is terrific, esp. for a scoreless game. (7.7 miles between Yale and Quinnipiac > the Staals are brothers)
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,993
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:23 pm

We could field 1.5 NHL quality teams with the amount of depth we have...
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,316
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby pens_srq on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Lol potash
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,505
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 11:33 am
Location: my garage, running a hockey league

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby jwest21 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:I'm watching the FLA feed and there's a creepy locker room intermission cam in the Panthers locker room.

Wow--look at TOR beating up on MTL. LOL @ the Flyers.

Also, NPR, but the Yale-Quinnipiac game is terrific, esp. for a scoreless game. (7.7 miles between Yale and Quinnipiac > the Staals are brothers)

Better than the Ft. Pitt Financial Shower Cam
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,091
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby jwest21 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:We could field 1.5 NHL quality teams with the amount of depth we have...

We are feilding the .5 this evening :lol:
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,091
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Henry Hank on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:25 pm

The depth on this team is pretty amazing. It's a much different team compared to the last time they were without Crosby/Malkin. I mean look at Bennett, he comes in and has put up a few points the last few games and he's not even going to crack the lineup when most of the guys are healthy.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,480
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby dbizzle66 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 pm

pens_srq wrote:Lol potash


Was he legit mad
dbizzle66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby pcm on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Morrow-Jokinen-Bennett is the kind of line that would give team's fits. A lot of times they would be playing against the other team's 4th line, bottom pairing. They've got some speed, some grit, some wilyness.

Cooke-Sutter-Adams gets shutdown duties.

And then, there's the top 6. But that's if the team is ever healthy...
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,348
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby pronovost19 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:27 pm

jwest21 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:I'm watching the FLA feed and there's a creepy locker room intermission cam in the Panthers locker room.

Wow--look at TOR beating up on MTL. LOL @ the Flyers.

Also, NPR, but the Yale-Quinnipiac game is terrific, esp. for a scoreless game. (7.7 miles between Yale and Quinnipiac > the Staals are brothers)

Better than the Ft. Pitt Financial Shower Cam


Then the ex Penguin Dale Tallon interview...he looked like he had a few cocktails...what happened to Dale Tallon on March 14, 1979?
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,144
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:22 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Beveridge on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:27 pm

dbizzle66 wrote:
pens_srq wrote:Lol potash


Was he legit mad


Nah. Dan seems like a real good guy to have in the position he is in with interacting with the team and players.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,740
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Henry Hank wrote:The depth on this team is pretty amazing. It's a much different team compared to the last time they were without Crosby/Malkin. I mean look at Bennett, he comes in and has put up a few points the last few games and he's not even going to crack the lineup when most of the guys are healthy.


Yes. I feel WAY better about our forward depth this season than prior seasons. Jokinen, Bennett, Iginla, Morrow, etc etc.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,068
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

pronovost19 wrote:
jwest21 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:I'm watching the FLA feed and there's a creepy locker room intermission cam in the Panthers locker room.

Wow--look at TOR beating up on MTL. LOL @ the Flyers.

Also, NPR, but the Yale-Quinnipiac game is terrific, esp. for a scoreless game. (7.7 miles between Yale and Quinnipiac > the Staals are brothers)

Better than the Ft. Pitt Financial Shower Cam


Then the ex Penguin Dale Tallon interview...he looked like he had a few cocktails...what happened to Dale Tallon on March 14, 1979?


That is probably close to the date I was conceived. What exactly are you saying?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,053
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

jwest21 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:I'm watching the FLA feed and there's a creepy locker room intermission cam in the Panthers locker room.

Wow--look at TOR beating up on MTL. LOL @ the Flyers.

Also, NPR, but the Yale-Quinnipiac game is terrific, esp. for a scoreless game. (7.7 miles between Yale and Quinnipiac > the Staals are brothers)

Better than the Ft. Pitt Financial Shower Cam


:shock: :lol:
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,993
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: 4/13/13 Penguins v. Panthers - Official Game Thread

Postby penny lane on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

those panthers look ready to snarl...
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,642
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bathgate, darkstar57, Great58, ivand87, murphydump55, no name, Pruezy11881, themadstork and 31 guests


e-mail