Player used sticks fs/trade. Pens sticks wanted.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Player used hockey sticks post.

Postby CERV96 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:21 pm

I have a Crosby sherwood momentum from his first two seasons here. I am not looking to sell it though.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Wregget31 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:29 pm

IanMoran wrote:What a neat hobby...

Question: do you ever get frustrated when some random baby pen gets a 1 game callup, or does it just add another treasure to your scavenger hunt?

If you don't mind me asking, how expensive does this hobby get?

It doesn't bother me when guys like Chris Bourque or Greg Crozier play only a game or 2 for us and I'd have another 50 sticks added to the collection if I had the money to spend. I just sit back and wait for the right trade or deal to come my way. I don't have a lot of money to put into this. Most of what I have in the beginning came from attending practices down Southpointe back in the 90's. It was easier to get sticks from players back then. Over the years I have made many contacts that have afforded me the chance to obtain sticks from other teams that I would then use to trade for Pens player sticks.
Wregget31
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 pm

I have 1 stick. Malkin's that he threw over the boards after a come from behind (3-0 going into third) eventual OT victory that he largely led the effort on. So pumped to catch that
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby HockeyBurgh on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 am

I have only 1 game used stick as well. Game used Ulfie white Ultra Vic 4050, had him and Trottier sign it when i was a kid.
HockeyBurgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Mango Salsa on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 am

I attended a Pens at Caps game a few years ago. After the game Olaf Kolzig handed his stick to a kid in the crowd as he left the ice. The guy I was with said he does that every game. His kid has 3. Saw the little girl on the Metro after the game with the stick, still wet from the game. You couldnt burn the smile off her face :)
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Player used hockey sticks post. Pens sticks wanted.

Postby JS© on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:43 am

I have a Jordan Staal that's been cut by somebody on the team. It's an Easton Synergy that looks like the one that was used in this pic: http://www.penguins-hockey-cards.com/pl ... aal_55.jpg

Also have a TK Rbk 8.0.8 that I might be interested in getting rid of. Signed on the blade in gold pen.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins