North Korea

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: North Korea

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:19 am

The free and happy West.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,164
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: North Korea

Postby count2infinity on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:20 am

thepittman wrote:
count2infinity wrote:would that necessarily be a bad thing?

:face:


I'm serious. How is it that someone else being the world power from a military stand point would be so bad? Let someone else police the world, unless that is of course you're afraid of the blowback from the atrocities that our military has done over the past numerous years. Heaven forbid we feel any of the pain we dole out, but I suppose that's a discussion for another time and another thread. Hey Gaucho, how's it going over in that non-world power from a military standpoint? You guys are getting invaded, blown up, and destroyed every 10 seconds aren't you?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,427
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: North Korea

Postby thepittman on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 am

count2infinity wrote:
thepittman wrote:
count2infinity wrote:would that necessarily be a bad thing?

:face:


I'm serious. How is it that someone else being the world power from a military stand point would be so bad? Let someone else police the world, unless that is of course you're afraid of the blowback from the atrocities that our military has done over the past numerous years. Heaven forbid we feel any of the pain we dole out, but I suppose that's a discussion for another time and another thread. Hey Gaucho, how's it going over in that non-world power from a military standpoint? You guys are getting invaded, blown up, and destroyed every 10 seconds aren't you?


The US has the best interest of Germany in mind, that may not be the same for an eastern nation.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,098
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Location: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: North Korea

Postby Rylan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:26 am

Gaucho wrote:The free and happy West.


Was life noticeably different after the fall of the wall, or was it largely just another year?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: North Korea

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

Rylan wrote:
Gaucho wrote:The free and happy West.


Was life noticeably different after the fall of the wall, or was it largely just another year?


It was very much the same on this side of the wall.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,164
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: North Korea

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am

count2infinity wrote: Hey Gaucho, how's it going over in that non-world power from a military standpoint? You guys are getting invaded, blown up, and destroyed every 10 seconds aren't you?


Nah, we sell enough arms and weapons to keep them crazy third world nations occupied among themselves.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,164
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: North Korea

Postby doublem on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am

because the U.S. has been doing such a great job of it. making all those friends around the world.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Re: North Korea

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:33 am

Gaucho wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Gaucho wrote:The free and happy West.


Was life noticeably different after the fall of the wall, or was it largely just another year?


It was very much the same on this side of the wall.


That's kind of what I expected.

One of my favorite professors spent a lot of time in East Berlin during his college days, and the stories are pretty fascinating.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,518
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: North Korea

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 am

doublem wrote:because the U.S. has been doing such a great job of it. making all those friends around the world.


Not our problem if they hate us. They hate us because of the freedoms we enjoy, and I'll gladly make that sacrifice :pop:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,518
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: North Korea

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

I spent exactly one afternoon in East Berlin in 1990 and couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was after the wall had been opened, but holy hell, what a sh*thole.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,164
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: North Korea

Postby pfim on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 am

Gaucho wrote:
count2infinity wrote: Hey Gaucho, how's it going over in that non-world power from a military standpoint? You guys are getting invaded, blown up, and destroyed every 10 seconds aren't you?


Nah, we sell enough arms and weapons to keep them crazy third world nations occupied among themselves.


Nah, just declaring economic war on Greece, Cyprus etc. :P
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: North Korea

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:15 pm

pfim wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
count2infinity wrote: Hey Gaucho, how's it going over in that non-world power from a military standpoint? You guys are getting invaded, blown up, and destroyed every 10 seconds aren't you?


Nah, we sell enough arms and weapons to keep them crazy third world nations occupied among themselves.


Nah, just declaring economic war on Greece, Cyprus etc. :P


Hey, haven't you heard they have nobody but themselves to blame?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,164
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: North Korea

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:36 am

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/26/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t3

The South pulls out their final citizens in the mutal industrial zone.

North Korea said they are only "one click away" from loading nukes on their planes and attacking enemy bases.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,341
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adambpsu, NashvilleCat, Orlando Penguin and 18 guests


e-mail