TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:I did. The first episode was pretty interesting. Seems really weird for a network show though. I can't see it making it on NBC.

Nothing makes it on NBC. :pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Except for sitcoms
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:53 pm

JeffDFD wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Holy **** the Jeselnik Offensive is actually pretty damn funny.

That was a really good episode last night. I have enjoyed the other episodes this year, but I think I laughed the most on this last one. That Natasha wasn't as great as some of the other people they have had, she struggled a bit, but it was still good.

The racist google search bit was gold. I always thought Natasha was a bit overrated... that always happens with female comics that aren't terrible looking. Amy Schumer is in the same vein. She's not very funny and is so full of herself because Dolph Ziggler threw her a bone.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Holy **** the Jeselnik Offensive is actually pretty damn funny.

That was a really good episode last night. I have enjoyed the other episodes this year, but I think I laughed the most on this last one. That Natasha wasn't as great as some of the other people they have had, she struggled a bit, but it was still good.

The racist google search bit was gold. I always thought Natasha was a bit overrated... that always happens with female comics that aren't terrible looking. Amy Schumer is in the same vein. She's not very funny and is so full of herself because Dolph Ziggler threw her a bone.

What happend with that? All I saw was she tweeted her and Ziggler should get back together. Is there a story behind that??
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Rylan wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:I did. The first episode was pretty interesting. Seems really weird for a network show though. I can't see it making it on NBC.

Nothing makes it on NBC. :pop:

isn't that a Bryan Fuller show? no way it makes it to its 10th episode
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Why the hell is this season of Person of Interest so damn fragmented? I understand not showing new episodes when the NCAA was going on but no excuse for a repeat tonight.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:

What happend with that? All I saw was she tweeted her and Ziggler should get back together. Is there a story behind that??

From what I've listened to (I think she was on Stern) he liked her, tweeted her, came to a club to see her, they had drinks and sex that night, she said he was too "athletic" in bed and his body was too perfect so she dumped him. She sounded like a pretty full of herself terrible person while talking about it. It's just like lady you're cute, especially for a comic, you're not amazing looking.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:11 am

The Office wasn't too bad this week. Nice seeing the end coming.

I think there are only 3 or 4 episodes left.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:19 am

Simpsons Breaking Bad parody: http://www.hulu.com/watch/478012
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:42 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Simpsons Breaking Bad parody: http://www.hulu.com/watch/478012

That's awesome.

I read the other day that there are talks about a spin-off of Breaking Bad revolving around Saul Goodman, called "Better Call Saul." While most spin-offs don't do all that well, I could see that making it. Saul is a tremendous character.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby count2infinity on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 pm

go back 3 or 4 pages cheesesteakwithegg, we were discussing that very thing.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Tonight's Family Guy is pretty dang funny.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:20 am

On Saturday for some reason I started watching all of my favorite Family Guy clips.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:16 am

Pete was hilariously creepy last night on Mad Men.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 am

eddysnake wrote:Pete was hilariously creepy last night on Mad Men.

So the character still hasn't changed since season 1?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 am

Vikings anyone? I am loving this show. Sure, it may be better on like an HBO or something...but I don't have HBO so maybe that is why I love it! Some of the characters are so well acted too.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The guy who played the old Earl's right hand man was real good. Made you hate him. Then the way he died was pretty good too, haha.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:39 am

Idoit40fans wrote:

He's gotten creepier with every season.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 am

Amazing Race
Spoiler:
With golf running long, I missed some of the episode. But the Battaglia brothers are cleaning up, which is good for hockey. Bates even wore his Hurricanes t-shirt on this leg. It made me uncomfortable to watch Chuck belittle his wife for two weeks. Ugh. Ugliness. Glad they are going home. Next to go? The obnoxious Youtubers.

During the episode, they showed a preview for an episode of Hawaii-Five O...where they sneak one of the cops into...North Korea, with help from Jimmy Buffett. Um, why would a police officer ever need to sneak into North Korea? I've never seen an episode of the show, but does this sort of thing happen all the time? And it sounded like Buffett had been on there before? Eek.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 am

JeffDFD wrote:Vikings anyone? I am loving this show. Sure, it may be better on like an HBO or something...but I don't have HBO so maybe that is why I love it! Some of the characters are so well acted too.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The guy who played the old Earl's right hand man was real good. Made you hate him. Then the way he died was pretty good too, haha.

I'm watching it. I didn't get to watch last night yet, but so far, the show has been pretty good. Like you said, probably could be better with a budget from HBO or something, but still History has done a great job and I'm really enjoying it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 am

I made the mistake of googling Ragnar and reading about him so now I know how it's going to end. But even so it's still a very well done show.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Coming down the stretch for "traditional" network TV finales.

- Looking forward to the Office. Now that the documentary has hit, it is fun watching the show again. Interested to see how it ends. You can see the story lines that are going to wrap up forming.

- HIMYM, looking forward to finally see who the mother is. It is finally time that they should be getting really into that story line.

- I've been watching Community. Other than the puppet episode, I've actually enjoyed most of this season. It was a show I couldn't wait to finish up because it got really weird, but now I'm enjoying it again. Will be interesting to see what they do.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 pm

newarenanow wrote:Coming down the stretch for "traditional" network TV finales.

- Looking forward to the Office. Now that the documentary has hit, it is fun watching the show again. Interested to see how it ends. You can see the story lines that are going to wrap up forming.

- HIMYM, looking forward to finally see who the mother is. It is finally time that they should be getting really into that story line.

- I've been watching Community. Other than the puppet episode, I've actually enjoyed most of this season. It was a show I couldn't wait to finish up because it got really weird, but now I'm enjoying it again. Will be interesting to see what they do.

I was going to be OK for the puppet episode and then they started singing too. Near the end I said to my wife out loud..."this episode is really dumb." The only time we really laughed was during the outtakes when the Dean's nose got pulled off and he was talking about how much skin came off.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Chevy Chase quit the show right? Is that the reason only the puppet version was involved?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

He's gotten creepier with every season.

The hair and burns this year are putting it over the top.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:57 am

I have completely dropped Mad Men from my watch list. It can't compete with Game of Thrones and I don't really go back to watch things.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR