Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby farnham16 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm

tifosi77 wrote:For those who have beat Bioshock Infinite, a little help. I'm at the final boss battle and I'm having a real hard time killing all the baddies. Any strategery advice would be appreciated.

Sarcastic wrote:What's the game length on Bioshock Infinity?

Probably something like 8-9 hours of through-play. (Which translates - for me - into something more like 13-14 hours.)

I'm not sure what specific part you are dying at but when the Motorized Patriots show up, ride the skylines all the way to the top, jump off, and use Undertow to bring them up to top, then get back on the skylines and back down to the battle. That will save you time not having to deal with them because it can take a while to kill those guys.

Also, equip any gear that grants you brief invunerability. Those help out a ton.

Spoiler here, but if you are at the finale then its fine.
Spoiler:
And always use Songbird to destroy Zeppelins and gunships first.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Friend and I have "re-discovered" Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey.

Good times.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shyster on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Easton wrote:Do you have any other mods installed?

I forgot about one. I’m also using Subassembly Saver / Loader (http://kerbalspaceport.com/subassembly-saver-loader/). Tremendously useful. It lets you save assemblies from your ships as templates for use in other vessels. For example, I have my Big Orange lifter saved as a template, so when I’m building a new ship I only need to construct the upper stage in the VAB, and then I can simply paste Big Orange in underneath as the main lifter. You no longer need to build every rocket from scratch. Here’s a video on how it works:

Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:41 pm

eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shyster on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:31 pm

I successfully landed on Minmus last night. I sent all three of by Kerbalnauts out so I could take some screenshots. When I went to load them back up, I had to make them jump to catch the ladder because I didn’t mount it low enough. Bob boarded successfully, but when Bill jumped to catch the ladder he suddenly exploded with a pop into a greenish-grey cloud. I guess he must have cracked open his helmet or something. Jebediah boarded successfully and the two of them—no doubt saddened by the loss of their colleague—rode the ship back to Kerbin, where it successfully de-orbited and landed.

I’m going to do some more Mün and Minmus landings, and then I think I’ll try to send small probes and unmanned landers to Moho, Eve, Duna, Dres, Jool, and Eeloo and as many of their moons as I can. Each craft will have a probe that will stay in orbit and a lander that will go down to the surface. I think I’m going to install the ISA MapSat mod so that orbiting probes have something to do when they get there.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Best video game trailer ever.

AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:08 pm

sorry if this has been posted, dont care to look

25% 12 month XBL gold

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-xbox-li ... =deal-page
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pen48guins on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:30 pm

I am selling my X-box. It pisses me off. I'm a playstation only guy now
Pen48guins
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXyo0z6LKA&feature=youtu.be&t=35m9s

This link won't work right in the youtube tag, but looks like a new Link To The Past game will be coming to the 3DS. :scared:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:26 pm

the wicked child wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXyo0z6LKA&feature=youtu.be&t=35m9s

This link won't work right in the youtube tag, but looks like a new Link To The Past game will be coming to the 3DS. :scared:

This is seriously the most epic news ever. Zelda is my favorite series and I wanted a new "top down" Zelda game so bad.

Well done Nintendo, well done.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 pm

I will have to pick up a 3DS for this. The DS Zelda games were super disappointing, and a lot of that was the stupid controls (also some poor design choices, but I digress). Super fired up for this.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 pm

the wicked child wrote:I will have to pick up a 3DS for this. The DS Zelda games were super disappointing, and a lot of that was the stupid controls (also some poor design choices, but I digress). Super fired up for this.

They are releasing the two Oracle games on the 3DS in May as well!
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm

farnham16 wrote:They are releasing the two Oracle games on the 3DS in May as well!

the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 pm

farnham16 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:For those who have beat Bioshock Infinite, a little help. I'm at the final boss battle and I'm having a real hard time killing all the baddies. Any strategery advice would be appreciated.

Probably something like 8-9 hours of through-play. (Which translates - for me - into something more like 13-14 hours.)

I'm not sure what specific part you are dying at but when the Motorized Patriots show up, ride the skylines all the way to the top, jump off, and use Undertow to bring them up to top, then get back on the skylines and back down to the battle. That will save you time not having to deal with them because it can take a while to kill those guys.

Also, equip any gear that grants you brief invunerability. Those help out a ton.

Spoiler:

That's a good idea about Undertow. I've also seriously been under-using Return To Sender, so I think I'll try that next time. I've been setting Shock Jockey traps at the front of the airship so when the Patriots show up they are immediately zapped. But it has been.... unsuccessful thus far.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm

tifosi77 wrote:
Spoiler:
That's a good idea about Undertow. I've also seriously been under-using Return To Sender, so I think I'll try that next time. I've been setting Shock Jockey traps at the front of the airship so when the Patriots show up they are immediately zapped. But it has been.... unsuccessful thus far.

Spoiler:
I just got to this part, got a good ways into the battle, and they eventually destroyed my ship. I'll try again tomorrow :evil:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby farnham16 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 pm

tifosi77 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

Spoiler:

Hopefully you have the Shock Jockey upgrade that allows you to chain kills to other enemies when you kill someone with Shock Jockey. That is very helpful.

Honestly, just keep moving around all over the ship. And use Possession if you have that one upgraded. Don't waste Possession on Motorized Patriots though, use it on human enemies. Especially the guys who have rockets.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 am

i might acquire a 3DS for the zelda game, luigi's mansion 2, and earthbound
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:08 am

canaan wrote:i might acquire a 3DS for the zelda game, luigi's mansion 2, and earthbound

Same here.

PS - I read somewhere the Wii U sales are poor. Are they that bad?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 am

canaan wrote:i might acquire a 3DS for the zelda game, luigi's mansion 2, and earthbound

earthbound is coming to wii u eshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U_I1LLkR4Qw
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 am

newarenanow wrote:

Same here.

They aren't good. The awareness and branding of it were terrible - too many people thought it was a fancy new controller. Developers aren't fully on board yet either. And that isn't going to be helped by the PS4/New Xbox essentially sharing the same AMD processor. It will make dual development for those two much easier and cheaper.

People have been predicting Nintendo's demise since Sonic came out, but I get the sense analysts are much more concerned now. There are several <$100 systems coming up for cute simple games, and phones/tablets are wrecking the DS market share.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:50 am

eddysnake wrote:

earthbound is coming to wii u eshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U_I1LLkR4Qw

It won't happen, but I'm hoping the release of these games lower the price of the actual old school cartridges.

I collected NES games (I know this is Super NES), for about 8 years and got about 350 for pretty darn cheap, but within the last 2 years, they exploded. And now it's difficult to collect them. I'm just hoping something burst the bubble. I'm not collecting for the value, so I don't care if the value of my collection goes up.

That said, I know it's supply/demand. I just hope this lessens the demand.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Same here.

They aren't good. The awareness and branding of it were terrible - too many people thought it was a fancy new controller. Developers aren't fully on board yet either. And that isn't going to be helped by the PS4/New Xbox essentially sharing the same AMD processor. It will make dual development for those two much easier and cheaper.

People have been predicting Nintendo's demise since Sonic came out, but I get the sense analysts are much more concerned now. There are several <$100 systems coming up for cute simple games, and phones/tablets are wrecking the DS market share.

Agree about the awareness aspect. Honestly, I don't ever remember seeing a commercial or anything for the WiiU. If I didn't enjoy Nintendo and stick by it for almost 3 decades now, I probably would never have known it came out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:57 am

newarenanow wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Same here.

Agree about the awareness aspect. Honestly, I don't ever remember seeing a commercial or anything for the WiiU. If I didn't enjoy Nintendo and stick by it for almost 3 decades now, I probably would never have known it came out.

which is too bad, I'm strictly a Nintendo kind of guy and I have been having a blast with it. It feels like they might have rushed this thing a little (probably to beat the superior tech new xbox and ps) as there aren't many real nintendo exclusive kind of games. Once zelda or metroid hit this thing, it will be incredible, nintendo in HD has been overdue and is glorious.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:47 am

Once they newer systems hit(Ps4/Xboxwhatever)... Nintendo again will be a full generation behind. That is their problem. They are a day late and a dollar short. They refuse to step up with the big boys, until they do that, they will be looked at as a red headed step child.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 am

skullman80 wrote:Once they newer systems hit(Ps4/Xboxwhatever)... Nintendo again will be a full generation behind. That is their problem. They are a day late and a dollar short. They refuse to step up with the big boys, until they do that, they will be looked at as a red headed step child.

I think the main thing they still have left at this point is their first party titles - Mario, Link and Samus are the three main reasons to buy a Nintendo system. They lost their great RPG developers to Sony because Play Station's CDs allowed for more data.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR