Game 43 vs. Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 43 vs. Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:17 am

Gaucho wrote:Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 1m
Just realized, #Penguins appear to be having team photo day on a day when captain Sidney Crosby excused for personal reasons.

:scared:

He is back in Canada (eh) to attend a funeral.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 am

Morrow is certainly honoring the #10 well.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 am

Froggy wrote:That has to be one of the most disgraceful fights I've ever seen. First of all, don't challenge someone when you are wearing a visor. Second, if you're wearing a visor, remove your helmet. Third, wait for the other person to be ready, and don't cheap shot. Fourth, if you ARE gonna cheap shot, don't miss and fall on your face. Fifth, if you get caught, try to put up a fight, at least. Sixth, if you get owned, don't taunt the guy who owned you from the box.

Ever seen Crosby fight? He's jumped guys off the faceoff, he didn't wait for the other person to be ready. He's punched a guy in the jewels, and I'd consider that a cheapshot. He's challenged guys while wearing a visor, and he's also fought while wearing his helmet.

Don't throw stones, we're not perfect here either! It's amazing how people just ignore what we do here and think the rest of the league is evil and cheap. Take off your Pens glasses, we're no angels here either.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 am

That's BS. While Crosby has taken the occasional cheap shot, he doesn't do that crap day in and day out, as Subban does.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 am

-that Galchenyuk guy looks like a complete and total monster, but the habs are in quite a downward spiral
-subban was a disgrace in that fight. though it pains me to say that he may have bogarted the visor+cheap shot strategy from TK. i love most kennedy fights, but he's been known to do the same thing.
-bennett and adams should be swapped in and out of the lineup. adams isn't needed on this team anymore. bennett is too good to permanently sit.
-glass is hitting and hitting hard.
-morrow scoring...who knew?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

Taking a team photo without Sid; why? a headshaker!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 am

There's always Photoshop!

EDIT: Or maybe they're taking the C away from Sid and giving it to Iginla. :pop:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby tfrizz on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am

- Morrow is in playoff form
- Loved seeing Murray get one, and the celebration (or lack of) was even better. Hope Ovechkin took notes on how to celebrate like you've done it before! :D
- Fleury didn't look sharp, but he got the job done. Hard to pin anything but the first goal on him anyhow.
- Iggy looks like he's starting to get comfortable, but he's got to move his legs!!!
- Speaking of moving legs, do Joe Vitale's ever stop? How is this guy a regular scratch???
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 am

tfrizz wrote:- Speaking of moving legs, do Joe Vitale's ever stop? How is this guy a regular scratch???

i feel like i'm on the verge of writing a zillion consecutive posts about why adams shouldn't be playing, but i'll stop myself befor it gets ugly.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:59 am

Vitale on the PK > Glass on the PK.

Plus, hello, faceoff beast. Those are massive on PKs.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:00 pm

shmenguin wrote:
tfrizz wrote:- Speaking of moving legs, do Joe Vitale's ever stop? How is this guy a regular scratch???

i feel like i'm on the verge of writing a zillion consecutive posts about why adams shouldn't be playing, but i'll stop myself befor it gets ugly.

I think we all know how you feel about Adams.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:00 pm

2nd consecutive game with only 2 A's worn (Kunitz, Orpik). Guess this might be different if Geno was not a game time decision?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Iginla and Morrow don't need your stinkin' C's!
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sil on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:05 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Froggy wrote:That has to be one of the most disgraceful fights I've ever seen. First of all, don't challenge someone when you are wearing a visor. Second, if you're wearing a visor, remove your helmet. Third, wait for the other person to be ready, and don't cheap shot. Fourth, if you ARE gonna cheap shot, don't miss and fall on your face. Fifth, if you get caught, try to put up a fight, at least. Sixth, if you get owned, don't taunt the guy who owned you from the box.

Ever seen Crosby fight? He's jumped guys off the faceoff, he didn't wait for the other person to be ready. He's punched a guy in the jewels, and I'd consider that a cheapshot. He's challenged guys while wearing a visor, and he's also fought while wearing his helmet.

Don't throw stones, we're not perfect here either! It's amazing how people just ignore what we do here and think the rest of the league is evil and cheap. Take off your Pens glasses, we're no angels here either.

I have to say, while I'm a huge Crosby-apologist, this guy is right. It's been some time since Sid pulled that crap, but hey, lets call a spade a spade. Sid has done it.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:09 pm

yeah, sid fights like garbage.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 pm

sil wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

I have to say, while I'm a huge Crosby-apologist, this guy is right. It's been some time since Sid pulled that crap, but hey, lets call a spade a spade. Sid has done it.

I don't understand why we are even talking about Sid? It's not relavent to what Froggy is saying. "You can't say that because this same thing happened four years ago.." is a pretty weak argument. And Sid certainly never acted like a 6 year old in the box after an altercation. That's what is at the root of all the Subban hate today.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 pm

TK loses assist from last night, now credited to Letang (giving him a 3 point night, now only 3 points back of Subban)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joe icepick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:12 pm

I seen Morrow drink the water.
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby relantel on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 pm

joe icepick wrote:I seen Morrow drink the water.

cue the Errey clip.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Tico Rick wrote:That's BS. While Crosby has taken the occasional cheap shot, he doesn't do that crap day in and day out, as Subban does.

No BS about it. I never once said that Crosby was as dirty as Subban, but he has pulled the odd cheap shot, which every player does.

My point was that the OP was blasting Subban for not waiting for Morrow to be ready, for picking a fight with a visor, and for fighting with a helmet on.....how soon we forget that Crosby has done all of those things in all of his fights.

As I said, don't throw stones, we're no angels here either.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby joe icepick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 pm

So does anyone think Letang gives them a discount signing, if not what would a return be for him?
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby skullman80 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Why would Letang give a discount signing?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TrueNorth on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Tico Rick wrote:
penny lane wrote:Dreaming of when I see Brendan Morrow school either / both, giroux and b schenn.

Me too! It's a shame we won't be facing the Flyers in the playoffs this year. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Although I’m generally not a fan of fighting, I do make exceptions. I must confess, for example, to deriving considerable (no doubt too much) enjoyment from the Morrow-Subban tête-à-tête...and the mere thought of someone cleaning Brayden Schenn’s clock has me positively salivating.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby joe icepick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 pm

skullman80 wrote:Why would Letang give a discount signing?

What kind of question is that?
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sil on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:17 pm

meow wrote:I don't understand why we are even talking about Sid? It's not relavent to what Froggy is saying. "You can't say that because this same thing happened four years ago.." is a pretty weak argument. And Sid certainly never acted like a 6 year old in the box after an altercation. That's what is at the root of all the Subban hate today.

I don't think Sid had to be brought up, but people have been pretty vocal with their complaints about PK's crap when Sid has done the same stuff in his career.

It's hockey, and PK is good for the league. A hero at home, and a villain everywhere else type player. I'd like more of them.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins