TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:50 am

eddysnake wrote:Hemlock Grove comes out tomorrow on Netflix, previews looks pretty wild, hope it translates well into a the show. famke janssen in it already has me sold and what about Bill Skarsgård... so dreamy

and the Eli Roth citing Twin Peaks as his inspiration doesn't hurt

super excited.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 am

canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Hemlock Grove comes out tomorrow on Netflix, previews looks pretty wild, hope it translates well into a the show. famke janssen in it already has me sold and what about Bill Skarsgård... so dreamy

super excited.

to do unspeakable things to the super foxy Mr. Bill Skarsgård in your dreams or just the show in general?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 pm

yes?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:59 pm

thank you for being honest.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Godric on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm

eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:

super excited.

to do unspeakable things to the super foxy Mr. Bill Skarsgård in your dreams or just the show in general?

Alexander Skarsgård >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bill Skarsgård

Oh and forget True Blood. AS wins on Generation Kill alone (Greatest Series in the last 6 years imo)
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby eddysnake on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm not even sure who Bill Skarsgård is, just saw his name headlining the show, but yeah, Generation Kill in general was spectacular.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:21 pm

What Would Ryan Lochte Do has the potential for being the worst television show ever created.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Troy Loney wrote:What Would Ryan Lochte Do has the potential for being the worst television show ever created.

Is this real? If so, you are correct.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Troy Loney wrote:What Would Ryan Lochte Do has the potential for being the worst television show ever created.

Eh...Honey Boo Boo has that locked up.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:26 pm

excited for the new episodes of Breaking Bad. I had hoped end of June for them to start. Get here soon August.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 pm

count2infinity wrote:excited for the new episodes of Breaking Bad. I had hoped end of June for them to start. Get here soon August.

i thought they would go right from mad men to BB. what's in between? is hell on wheels still a thing?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Watching a sneak peek of "inside Amy Schumer" on demand right now. Who told her that acting like and talking like a whore is funny?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:33 pm

That's like her whole schtick. At least that's what I thought it was. The only stuff I ever have seen her do is all based on sex jokes etc.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:33 pm

She's basically Lisa Lampanelli Junior
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Kraftster wrote:

Is this real? If so, you are correct.

Yes. My disdain for Michael Phelps is surpassed only by the idiot Ryan Lochte. Maybe I just dont like swimmers, i dunno.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby largegarlic on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 pm

count2infinity wrote:excited for the new episodes of Breaking Bad. I had hoped end of June for them to start. Get here soon August.

Yeah...didn't they start in June/July last year? I think AMC is just trying to draw out the time during which they will be home to two perennial Emmy contenders. They need another hit or two with Breaking Bad ending and Mad Men only having one more year.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 pm

If I'm going to destroy brain cells on "reality tv" I'm glad I'm destroying them with Myrte Manor
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 am

watched the first 2 ep of Hemlock Grove, not great, not bad, nothing really happened.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:50 am

seems like almost nothing is new lately, until next week (4/29). well save Deadliest Catch and Survivor. HIMYM, New Girl, Mindy, Criminal Minds, CSI, Grey's, all repeats. Person of Interest probably is too, and Touch is off a few weeks. Hope we can find some time to whittle down Boardwalk Empire - still have 26 eps on the DVR. Those definitely are NOT kid friendly.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:51 am

It's funny watching Community and seeing the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christas shows in spring.

I know it's original run was supposed to be in the fall/winter, just still funny.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:54 pm

eddysnake wrote:watched the first 2 ep of Hemlock Grove, not great, not bad, nothing really happened.

maybe it was just me, but there were times that i had to put on the subtitles because i could not understand what the people were saying. i have to re-watch epi 2 because i fell asleep. The premise is cool, not too sure about the actual dialogue though. it feels..idk...dumb at times.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 pm

canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:watched the first 2 ep of Hemlock Grove, not great, not bad, nothing really happened.

maybe it was just me, but there were times that i had to put on the subtitles because i could not understand what the people were saying. i have to re-watch epi 2 because i fell asleep. The premise is cool, not too sure about the actual dialogue though. it feels..idk...dumb at times.

Famkes accent was pretty strange, I couldn't understand her at times. You are right about the dialogue being dumb at times, it's pretty hit or miss. I fell asleep during the 2nd episode as well, but read a recap only to discover I didn't miss anything. The ending of ep 2 was pretty cool. Sounds like its a slow burn up through the end, but a lot of people are saying it gets much better as well.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 pm

eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:

Famkes accent was pretty strange, I couldn't understand her at times. You are right about the dialogue being dumb at times, it's pretty hit or miss. I fell asleep during the 2nd episode as well, but read a recap only to discover I didn't miss anything. The ending of ep 2 was pretty cool. Sounds like its a slow burn up through the end, but a lot of people are saying it gets much better as well.

Its being touted as Twin Peaks esque so being slow fits that.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:46 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:

Its being touted as Twin Peaks esque so being slow fits that.

i guess I could see that, but so far thats a compliment it doesn't deserve.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 pm

its an affront to Lynch
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR