Game 43 vs. Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 43 vs. Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby canaan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 pm

no gif of dupuis and morrow singing sweet caroline? i r sad
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 pm

sil wrote:
meow wrote:I don't understand why we are even talking about Sid? It's not relavent to what Froggy is saying. "You can't say that because this same thing happened four years ago.." is a pretty weak argument. And Sid certainly never acted like a 6 year old in the box after an altercation. That's what is at the root of all the Subban hate today.

I don't think Sid had to be brought up, but people have been pretty vocal with their complaints about PK's crap when Sid has done the same stuff in his career.

It's hockey, and PK is good for the league. A hero at home, and a villain everywhere else type player. I'd like more of them.

This!
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 pm

canaan wrote:no gif of dupuis and morrow singing sweet caroline? i r sad

Is that like Sweet Adeline?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

canaan wrote:no gif of dupuis and morrow singing sweet caroline? i r sad

BAH BAH BAHHH
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 pm

meow wrote:
sil wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Froggy wrote:That has to be one of the most disgraceful fights I've ever seen. First of all, don't challenge someone when you are wearing a visor. Second, if you're wearing a visor, remove your helmet. Third, wait for the other person to be ready, and don't cheap shot. Fourth, if you ARE gonna cheap shot, don't miss and fall on your face. Fifth, if you get caught, try to put up a fight, at least. Sixth, if you get owned, don't taunt the guy who owned you from the box.

Ever seen Crosby fight? He's jumped guys off the faceoff, he didn't wait for the other person to be ready. He's punched a guy in the jewels, and I'd consider that a cheapshot. He's challenged guys while wearing a visor, and he's also fought while wearing his helmet.

Don't throw stones, we're not perfect here either! It's amazing how people just ignore what we do here and think the rest of the league is evil and cheap. Take off your Pens glasses, we're no angels here either.

I have to say, while I'm a huge Crosby-apologist, this guy is right. It's been some time since Sid pulled that crap, but hey, lets call a spade a spade. Sid has done it.

I don't understand why we are even talking about Sid? It's not relavent to what Froggy is saying. "You can't say that because this same thing happened four years ago.." is a pretty weak argument. And Sid certainly never acted like a 6 year old in the box after an altercation. That's what is at the root of all the Subban hate today.

thank you. We ARE allowed to criticize actions from players on other teams, even though we employ matt cooke and sid once punched a dude in the balls. in addition to that stuff, but totally separate, PK Subban is a gutless turd.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TrueNorth on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Froggy wrote:
meow wrote:
sil wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Froggy wrote:That has to be one of the most disgraceful fights I've ever seen. First of all, don't challenge someone when you are wearing a visor. Second, if you're wearing a visor, remove your helmet. Third, wait for the other person to be ready, and don't cheap shot. Fourth, if you ARE gonna cheap shot, don't miss and fall on your face. Fifth, if you get caught, try to put up a fight, at least. Sixth, if you get owned, don't taunt the guy who owned you from the box.

Ever seen Crosby fight? He's jumped guys off the faceoff, he didn't wait for the other person to be ready. He's punched a guy in the jewels, and I'd consider that a cheapshot. He's challenged guys while wearing a visor, and he's also fought while wearing his helmet.

Don't throw stones, we're not perfect here either! It's amazing how people just ignore what we do here and think the rest of the league is evil and cheap. Take off your Pens glasses, we're no angels here either.

I have to say, while I'm a huge Crosby-apologist, this guy is right. It's been some time since Sid pulled that crap, but hey, lets call a spade a spade. Sid has done it.

I don't understand why we are even talking about Sid? It's not relavent to what Froggy is saying. "You can't say that because this same thing happened four years ago.." is a pretty weak argument. And Sid certainly never acted like a 6 year old in the box after an altercation. That's what is at the root of all the Subban hate today.

thank you. We ARE allowed to criticize actions from players on other teams, even though we employ matt cooke and sid once punched a dude in the balls. in addition to that stuff, but totally separate, PK Subban is a gutless turd.

I don’t see where anyone is claiming that Sid, or any other member of this team, is an angel. The fact is, Sid has been raked over the coals repeatedly for his actions; even those that occurred years ago are still being brought up by his detractors (and even, it seems, by some of his fans) so why shouldn’t players from other teams be held accountable for their actions?
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Pens looked good with a bunch of stars out so that makes me feel much better that the new guys are getting settled in quite nice. I hope we are 100% healthy and clicking come playoff time because if we are we will be hard to beat. I think we will have the best pens team in a while, definitely the deepest since the lockout thats for sure. But I dont like having the pressure of the #1 seed, thank god im not playing but i hope we dont play dont to the competition no matter who we play.

We dominated this game and even though we let up 4 goals the pens played really good. Morrow will probably be a playoff hero or at least i hope so. The East right now is so inconsistent I feel like if the pens play this way we will easily run the table to the SCF. But obviously once the playoffs start all bets are off
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:07 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:That's BS. While Crosby has taken the occasional cheap shot, he doesn't do that crap day in and day out, as Subban does.

No BS about it. I never once said that Crosby was as dirty as Subban, but he has pulled the odd cheap shot, which every player does.

My point was that the OP was blasting Subban for not waiting for Morrow to be ready, for picking a fight with a visor, and for fighting with a helmet on.....how soon we forget that Crosby has done all of those things in all of his fights.

As I said, don't throw stones, we're no angels here either.

So what you're saying is we shouldn't criticize a gutless miscreant like Subban – whose game is all about the cheap stuff – because Sid has taken some cheap shots in his career. That's silly.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Tico Rick wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:That's BS. While Crosby has taken the occasional cheap shot, he doesn't do that crap day in and day out, as Subban does.

No BS about it. I never once said that Crosby was as dirty as Subban, but he has pulled the odd cheap shot, which every player does.

My point was that the OP was blasting Subban for not waiting for Morrow to be ready, for picking a fight with a visor, and for fighting with a helmet on.....how soon we forget that Crosby has done all of those things in all of his fights.

So what you're saying is we shouldn't criticize a gutless miscreant like Subban – whose game is all about the cheap stuff – because Sid has taken some cheap shots in his career. That's silly.

Read the original post where the OP calls Subban out for not waiting for Morrow to be ready, picking a fight with a visor on, cheapshotting, and fighting with a helmet on.

I just have a problem sitting here criticizing him for doing that when our own star did the exact same thing a couple times!

When Sid jumped the guy off the faceoff, we were all okay with that? It's okay for Sid to pick his fight with Ballard even though he had a visor on? It was okay for Crosby to fight everytime with his helmet on?

Crosby has never once removed his helmet for a fight. He barely ever squares off for a fight, except for maybe a second against Niskanen, he basically rushes in as fast as he can. Every fight he's been in he's worn his visor, and started many of them, if not all.

I'd rather not see Sid fight at all, but the point I'm making is simply that aside from the history of cheapshots, Subban is no different a fighter than Crosby, yet the OP was all up in arms because of his actions.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Dude, all I said was that subban was disgraceful. What does that have to do with something Sid did like 5 years ago?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

1. Sid is not a fighter, Subban is (supposedly);

2. I have no problem with someone keeping his helmet on during a fight if his opponent does also. What fights was Crosby in where his opponent took off his helmet and Sid didn't?
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NashvilleCat on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:29 pm

BurghThing wrote:
meow wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Beveridge wrote:Pens need to get wingers for Dupuis.

Wake up, RS!!! :lol:

Dupuis - Dupuis - Dupuis

But if he plays both wings, who will be in net?

A team of mini-Dupers vs a team of mini-Ditkas. Matchup of the millenium.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby sil on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm

My point is...I don't really care about the crap PK pulls. Pens players have, and will pull the same crap in the future. It's hockey. Enjoy it.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Headshot77 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm

That was true playoff hockey. This team is hungry.
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Dr Rosenrosen on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:53 pm

penny lane wrote:Taking a team photo without Sid; why? a headshaker!

Dupuis will be sitting in for him. Also will be taking the picture.
Dr Rosenrosen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Just so everyone knows, criticizing other players is frowned upon on the off chance a Penguin has at any time in history done something similar.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Read the original post where the OP calls Subban out for not waiting for Morrow to be ready, picking a fight with a visor on, cheapshotting, and fighting with a helmet on.

I just have a problem sitting here criticizing him for doing that when our own star did the exact same thing a couple times!

When Sid jumped the guy off the faceoff, we were all okay with that? It's okay for Sid to pick his fight with Ballard even though he had a visor on? It was okay for Crosby to fight everytime with his helmet on?

Crosby has never once removed his helmet for a fight. He barely ever squares off for a fight, except for maybe a second against Niskanen, he basically rushes in as fast as he can. Every fight he's been in he's worn his visor, and started many of them, if not all.

I'd rather not see Sid fight at all, but the point I'm making is simply that aside from the history of cheapshots, Subban is no different a fighter than Crosby, yet the OP was all up in arms because of his actions.

the fight aside, sid isnt nearly the agitating schmuck that subban is. pk is the type of kid that would talk trash, start a fight, and then run to a teacher when he gets popped in the mush. while the teacher is scolding you for fighting, he is behind the teacher making funny faces. hes a childish idiot. someones gonna take liberties with the kid at some point and its going to be glorious.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sil on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Rylan wrote:Just so everyone knows, criticizing other players is frowned upon on the off chance a Penguin has at any time in history done something similar.

And if exhaustively picking apart things that happen every night in every game across the league is how you "enjoy it," than who am I to take that away. Whatever floats your boat.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penspal on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:07 pm

- Morrow was drinking the Fiji water???? That explains it.
- Iggy does seem guilty of not churning those legs at times, but the Pens style is an adjustment so I'm hoping he realizes and fixes
- TK had 3 shots, but they came very late in this game..... strange but true.
- Only Letang had over 20 mins last night, and he almost had 30 (28.55)
- If Letang sneaks back into the Norris race, does that reduce Sid's chance at the MVP?????
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 pm

murphydump55 wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,149143

DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shakes on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Penspal wrote:- Morrow was drinking the Fiji water???? That explains it.
- Iggy does seem guilty of not churning those legs at times, but the Pens style is an adjustment so I'm hoping he realizes and fixes
- TK had 3 shots, but they came very late in this game..... strange but true.
- Only Letang had over 20 mins last night, and he almost had 30 (28.55)
- If Letang sneaks back into the Norris race, does that reduce Sid's chance at the MVP?????

I'm fine with what Iggy's brought so far, but I'm hopeful that we'll see another compete level in the playoffs.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby America on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 pm

No Sid, Geno, Neal, or Martin and they still put up 6 against the second best team in the East?

Yikes.
America
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm

As far as Sid fighting.
He fought Ference, Nisky, Giroux (kinda), some guy from Minny and finally the guy from Florida - who according to Sid asked him to fight in the faceoff dot (Sid I guess was quicker). The other fights turned into Sid ragdolling those guys.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Tico Rick wrote:1. Sid is not a fighter, Subban is (supposedly);

2. I have no problem with someone keeping his helmet on during a fight if his opponent does also. What fights was Crosby in where his opponent took off his helmet and Sid didn't?

and Subban wears a visor straight out of star wars... I have to leave it at that though as my contempt for that FRAUD caused me to cross the line last night and offend other posters in the GDT. It's unfortunate that his name closely resembles what I called him though.

I will reiterate my last comment from there though and that was 15 -20 years ago Subban's career would have ended within 20 games of it starting playing the way he does.

Get rid of the instigator penalty.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slipshod on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:45 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote: But I dont like having the pressure of the #1 seed, thank god im not playing but i hope we dont play dont to the competition no matter who we play.

I don't see that as being a problem with this team this year. In the past? Yes. Definitely. But watching them pummel Florida into the ice with wave after wave of hits showed me that this team is different. Then they went out and did the same thing against the #2 team. Morrow wants a cup soooo bad. He has really stepped into a leadership role in the absence of the big guns much faster than I thought he would. Still waiting for Iggy to "take over" which I think will happen in the playoffs. We know how relentless Sid is. Hopefully Malkin heals up and can get back to being a force of nature.

There is a point when you watch your team and you just know they are the bad-asses of the league. After years and years of not seeing it or sensing it I first felt it when the Pens clinched their first division title with Mario. You could just tell. I know that anything can happen in the playoffs but right now? This team is THE alpha team in the NHL and is better than their last cup team in 09. Chicago is good but I don't think they are even as good as the Red Wings were in 2008/2009 in defense and goal-tending.

I don't think there will be "1st seed" pressure since they are just habitually going out and working hard every game. They don't have to change anything they are currently doing and this years team has a lot more leadership and the core Pens lived through last years debacle and won't let that happen again.
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins