Game 43 vs. Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 43 vs. Habs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Godric on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 pm

DropEmJayBird wrote:As far as Sid fighting.
He fought Ference, Nisky, Giroux (kinda), some guy from Minny and finally the guy from Florida - who according to Sid asked him to fight in the faceoff dot (Sid I guess was quicker). The other fights turned into Sid ragdolling those guys.

his best fight
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:58 pm

lol the cliche'd jersey over the head move.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Rylan wrote:lol the cliche'd jersey over the head move.

Whats so cliche about it? Its legitimate.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 pm

DelPen wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Crosby has never once removed his helmet for a fight. He barely ever squares off for a fight, except for maybe a second against Niskanen, he basically rushes in as fast as he can. Every fight he's been in he's worn his visor, and started many of them, if not all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,149143

In all of Crosby's fights listed on http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5905, in no fight does an opposing player take off his helmet. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for murphydump to provide evidence of Crosby refusing to take off his helmet when an opponent has already done so.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby meow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Everyone Crosby has fought has had a visor on. Morrow's beef was that Subban had a visor and he didn't. When that is the case, both guys usually take their lids off.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby knives of ice on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:21 pm

its funny to go back to the Morrow trade thread and read how horrible he is and how he is done and that this was the worst trade shero ever made
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Godric wrote:

being cliche and being legitimate aren't mutually exclusive
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:33 pm

knives of ice wrote:its funny to go back to the Morrow trade thread and read how horrible he is and how he is done and that this was the worst trade shero ever made

~not by all... 8-)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:34 pm

meow wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
meow wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Beveridge wrote:Pens need to get wingers for Dupuis.

Wake up, RS!!! :lol:

Dupuis - Dupuis - Dupuis

But if he plays both wings, who will be in net?

He will also play in net. And be Iceburg. And do the PA announcements. And operate of Crosby's jaw.

And work with the Ice Crew. And distribute pizzas to the Student Rush group.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 pm

tfrizz wrote:- Morrow is in playoff form
- Loved seeing Murray get one, and the celebration (or lack of) was even better. Hope Ovechkin took notes on how to celebrate like you've done it before! :D
- Fleury didn't look sharp, but he got the job done. Hard to pin anything but the first goal on him anyhow.
- Iggy looks like he's starting to get comfortable, but he's got to move his legs!!!
- Speaking of moving legs, do Joe Vitale's ever stop? How is this guy a regular scratch???

Murray my not know how to celebrate a goal. :face:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Loved the game, didn't like seeing 4 goals against though. I know when your up 3-0 end of the first "theres alot of hockey left", and the 4th goal was junk with 10 seconds left, but really, I'd rather see Pens lock it down and win this one 4-1 or so. The Pens were outshot in each period and by 6 overall and blocked another 24 shots, compared to MTL 9 blocks, plus the Pens were aided with 7 PP opportunities.

A win is a win is a win some will say, but in my opinion if the Auld doesnt crap himself in the first period letting in two wristers that I know damn well would get MAF raked over the coals in these parts, the game could have turned out much differently.

I hate to be a downer, but I guess I'm still scared of the defensive issues popping up in the playoffs when the scoring goes down. Id like to see the Pens keep the GAA to under 2.0 for the rest of the regular season.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
A win is a win is a win some will say, but in my opinion if the Auld doesnt crap himself in the first period letting in two wristers that I know damn well would get MAF raked over the coals in these parts, the game could have turned out much differently.

?

Do you mean Budaj?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Godric wrote:

It's obvious sid learned to fight by watching that one scene from Youngblood.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:39 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:

?

Do you mean Budaj?

forget it, he's rolling
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:

?

Do you mean Budaj?

forget it, he's rolling
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Budaj, Auld, they're all the same. :)
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
tfrizz wrote:- Morrow is in playoff form
- Loved seeing Murray get one, and the celebration (or lack of) was even better. Hope Ovechkin took notes on how to celebrate like you've done it before! :D
- Fleury didn't look sharp, but he got the job done. Hard to pin anything but the first goal on him anyhow.
- Iggy looks like he's starting to get comfortable, but he's got to move his legs!!!
- Speaking of moving legs, do Joe Vitale's ever stop? How is this guy a regular scratch???

Murray my not know how to celebrate a goal. :face:

BEPF

In the post game interview, I believe he did say it had been so long, he didn't know what he was supposed to do!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 pm

Tico Rick wrote:
DelPen wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Crosby has never once removed his helmet for a fight. He barely ever squares off for a fight, except for maybe a second against Niskanen, he basically rushes in as fast as he can. Every fight he's been in he's worn his visor, and started many of them, if not all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,149143

In all of Crosby's fights listed on http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5905, in no fight does an opposing player take off his helmet. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for murphydump to provide evidence of Crosby refusing to take off his helmet when an opponent has already done so.

Sigh.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand here. The OP was knocking Subban for the exact same things that Crosby does. That was my point! How can you sit there and call Subban out for all those things, when our own star player does the exact same things?

Subban jumps guys in a fight before they're ready. So has Sid.
Subban fights with a visor. So does Sid.
Subban fights with his helmet on. So does Sid.
Subban is cheap. Sid has been cheap too at times.

So it's okay for Sid to do all those things, but Subban, geez, "take off your helmet!!", "don't fight with a visor!", etc etc.

I dislike Subban like the next guy, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Subban is the only guy that does that when our own 87 is just as much to blame.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Tico Rick wrote:1. Sid is not a fighter, Subban is (supposedly);

2. I have no problem with someone keeping his helmet on during a fight if his opponent does also. What fights was Crosby in where his opponent took off his helmet and Sid didn't?

1. Subban is not a fighter.

2. What fights has Subban been in where his opponent took off his helmet and he didn't? I'm not looking, but I'm guessing none. LOL

....but yet Subban gets blasted by the OP for fighting with his helmet on...wtf.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm

When did this thread become a Sid argument?

I may as well throw my 2 cents in then as well.

When it comes to Sid and fights it may never be fair or have the time for him to even take his helmet off. For example there have been times(non recorded) that Sid has wanted to drop the gloves and maybe even take his helmet off. In those times a linesman/referee/teammate has stopped the potential fight before it even starts. Sid will never be able to just square off like any other fighter in the league. His teammates and officials will do whatever it takes to protect him. A good example is when Ovie dropped the gloves and removed his helmet with visor. By the time he was ready to fight another teammate jumped in. When/If Sid ever fights again it will never be a helmetless square off. It will have to occur like all the others.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm

FWIW, Sid asked Niskanen if he wanted to remove helmets or not. I recall reading an article or watching an interview when Niskanen came to the Pens about the fight.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Staggy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 pm

MRandall25 wrote:FWIW, Sid asked Niskanen if he wanted to remove helmets or not. I recall reading an article or watching an interview when Niskanen came to the Pens about the fight.

Yeah, there was a good clip in 24-7 where Sid was asked about that fight and he laughed and said how they both didn't really know what do.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:46 am

Staggy wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:FWIW, Sid asked Niskanen if he wanted to remove helmets or not. I recall reading an article or watching an interview when Niskanen came to the Pens about the fight.

Yeah, there was a good clip in 24-7 where Sid was asked about that fight and he laughed and said how they both didn't really know what do.

Niskanen looked like he was on a one-way ticket to Bustville at that point. He probably wanted to fight, just so he could say he fought with Sid Crosby.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penspal on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:46 am

knives of ice wrote:its funny to go back to the Morrow trade thread and read how horrible he is and how he is done and that this was the worst trade shero ever made

Any of those guys fess up to the crow quiche, I hear its really good today.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:I hate to be a downer, but I guess I'm still scared of the defensive issues popping up in the playoffs when the scoring goes down. Id like to see the Pens keep the GAA to under 2.0 for the rest of the regular season.

Yeah, that's a completely realistic goal. I'd like to see them not allow a goal the rest of the year.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins