Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby newarenanow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:15 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:Once they newer systems hit(Ps4/Xboxwhatever)... Nintendo again will be a full generation behind. That is their problem. They are a day late and a dollar short. They refuse to step up with the big boys, until they do that, they will be looked at as a red headed step child.

I think the main thing they still have left at this point is their first party titles - Mario, Link and Samus are the three main reasons to buy a Nintendo system. They lost their great RPG developers to Sony because Play Station's CDs allowed for more data.

This is the way I feel, and I think a lot of Nintendo type people feel. I would rather play the Mario's, Metroid's, Zelda's and other Nintendo exclusives. That is why I continue to buy their systems. To me, once HD hit, that was all I cared about with Nintendo. I don't care about online play. I don't care about shoot-em-ups, etc. I dont' care about Blu Ray players, etc.

Others may, and that is their opinion adn their likes, and that is why Sony and PLaystation have been great.

I think this generation of Nintendo is the first to try to focus people outside of their intended market. They have built their product on a certain market and have been successful with that IMO. However, that market is not the market that spend a ton on "gaming". And breaking intot he people that will drop a ton of cash on games may be too little too late.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 pm

But at what point will it not be worth developing hardware any longer? Sega and Atari both released plenty of classic games from their in house developers and neither of them make systems.

I am very interested too see what Ouya does to this space, and also Apple TV if they ever decide to open up the app store on there.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:28 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:But at what point will it not be worth developing hardware any longer? Sega and Atari both released plenty of classic games from their in house developers and neither of them make systems.

I am very interested too see what Ouya does to this space, and also Apple TV if they ever decide to open up the app store on there.

I think that day is drawing nearer. For everyone. But I think it is still a generation or two away (system wise). I think people still like having the hardware.

Once that day comes though, I think Nintendo is actually in decent shape as they have a strong brand to their core games.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm terrible at this final Infinite battle...... I'm thinking of just watching a YouTube clip of the ending and calling it a day. That or lowering the difficulty from the hardest to the lowest.
tifosi77
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby skullman80 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:37 pm

tifosi77 wrote:I'm terrible at this final Infinite battle...... I'm thinking of just watching a YouTube clip of the ending and calling it a day. That or lowering the difficulty from the hardest to the lowest.

I've done that before on games.. lower the difficulty on final battles. I hate doing it, but at 30 now, I just don't have the reflexes or quickness like I did when I was playing Nintendo and Sega. The 13 year video game playing me, would laugh at the 29 year old game playing me.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 pm

tifosi77 wrote:I'm terrible at this final Infinite battle...... I'm thinking of just watching a YouTube clip of the ending and calling it a day. That or lowering the difficulty from the hardest to the lowest.

I can't beat it on medium :(
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby farnham16 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:14 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:

I can't beat it on medium :(

What Vigors do you have fully upraded and what part are you having trouble with?

I've beat it on 1999 mode so I can help you out if you give me a little info.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:26 pm

I've only tried beating it once, and really had no idea what to expect :lol: Give me another couple tries
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby farnham16 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I've only tried beating it once, and really had no idea what to expect :lol: Give me another couple tries

Cool. Let me know if you need any tips.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shyster on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:16 pm

The ISA MapSat mod for KSP is neat. It adds a little dish to the game that when you attach it to a ship, it will scan to create a topo map of the body you’re orbiting. It only scans a small slice, so you have to orbit the body quite a while to make a full map, so it may be necessary to leave the game running overnight for each planet or something similar. Unfortunately, it only scans while you are actively “flying” a ship, so you can’t just send it somewhere and expect it will scan in the background. An orbit inclined 90° will eventually cover the whole planet. One nice thing is that the scans also show “anomalies,” which are the Easter eggs the designers have put into the game. Once you know where they are, you can send down landers or rovers to take a look.

I’ve looked into getting to other planets. It’s decently complicated, and involves things like “phase angles” and “ejection angles.” There’s a mod called “Protractor” that will calculate those angles for you. I think I’m going to need a fair bit of practice going straight from Mün to Minmus before I try going from Kerbin to another planet.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Iof holdfy cap one on Shydyers is dpoubd go plkease peyay fewr mew

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Erm..... I actually haven't upgraded any weapons or Vigors. I'm straight stock, baby! But I do believe I have obtained all the Vigors in the game.

Spoiler:
The main problem I'm having after the Motorized Patriots are deployed. The first zeppelin comes in on the right and deploys the Patriots, I kill that with Songbird. The RPG dudes really aren't that difficult to deal with; I just use Undertow to knock those dudes off the airship, or Possession to get them to kill themselves. I just keep running out of time with everything else. Once I get the Motorized Patriots up to the top deck, can Undertow be used to knock them overboard? In combination with Bucking Bronco, perhaps?

One fun thing; this morning, I actually boarded the Vox zeppelin and ran around for a bit. That was fun.
tifosi77
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kaizer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Kimahri sucks bals
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:38 pm

farnham16 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I've only tried beating it once, and really had no idea what to expect :lol: Give me another couple tries

Just beat it. Um...wow. wow. I need to go digest the ending
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:31 pm

So I've noticed more and more there is a lag on my Super Mario All Stars Wii game. I've read online this is present in all copies of this game. It says to get a game cube controller to get rid of said lag. Anyone ever try this or notice the lag?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:26 am

Beat Bioshock Infinite. Awesome game, awesome ending.

Here's a good read about the ending if anyone is confused.

Obviously spoilers are in this

http://atthebuzzershow.com/2013/03/30/b ... all-means/
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby farnham16 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:28 pm

tifosi77 wrote:Erm..... I actually haven't upgraded any weapons or Vigors. I'm straight stock, baby! But I do believe I have obtained all the Vigors in the game.

Spoiler:
The main problem I'm having after the Motorized Patriots are deployed. The first zeppelin comes in on the right and deploys the Patriots, I kill that with Songbird. The RPG dudes really aren't that difficult to deal with; I just use Undertow to knock those dudes off the airship, or Possession to get them to kill themselves. I just keep running out of time with everything else. Once I get the Motorized Patriots up to the top deck, can Undertow be used to knock them overboard? In combination with Bucking Bronco, perhaps?

One fun thing; this morning, I actually boarded the Vox zeppelin and ran around for a bit. That was fun.

I don't want to tell you how to play the game because everyone has a different style, but I strongly suggest fully graded at least a couple Vigors. Vigors are much more powerful than guns are in Infinite.

You can't use Bronco on Motorized Patriots, but when you suck them up to the very top you shouldn't have to worry about them anymore. They should just disappear after awhile.

And you really should equip any gear that grants you brief invunerability. That gear is so helpful.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby farnham16 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:29 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

Pretty nuts huh? I loved the ending. I understand why some might not, but I thought it was almost perfect. Its even better when you completely understand it.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:38 pm

farnham16 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

Pretty nuts huh? I loved the ending. I understand why some might not, but I thought it was almost perfect. Its even better when you completely understand it.

I've done a lot of reading. Loved it.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 am

farnham16 wrote:Pretty nuts huh? I loved the ending. I understand why some might not, but I thought it was almost perfect. Its even better when you completely understand it.

Spoiler:
Just a thought, it is incredible how powerful this game made "Will the Circle be Unbroken". Every time you heard this song in the game, you had goosebumps because of the impact of it in the story. I love endings where you actually think about the impact of it
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:36 am

Do you need the disc for the bioshock dlc if you already purchased the season pass? I want to trade it in
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby motoallica426 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm Playing through the Assassins Creed series and I'm currently on Brotherhood. Also been playing Silent Hill HD collection as well as NHL 12. Wanted to share the newly released trailer of NHL 14 with you guys, unless someone else did already. Either way here is the link---

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/p ... s-released

:thumb: :D
motoallica426

Postby eddysnake on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Anyone play injustice gods among us?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm

eddysnake wrote:Anyone play injustice gods among us?

I played the demo...and I had no idea what I was doing. Just like every other fighter I have ever played...smash buttons and hope it works out.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Do you need the disc for the bioshock dlc if you already purchased the season pass? I want to trade it in

I would imagine, the game still runs off the disk. It's files downloaded were less that a gig. (This applies to the PS3)
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Easton on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I can't remember the last time I was this excited over a game... I finally landed on the Mun! Image

I had some... technical difficulties, which resulted in everything blowing up except my capsule. Hooray for Bob Kerban!
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR