Tighter security at Pens games starting tomorrow

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Tighter security at Pens games starting tomorrow

Postby Willie Kool on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Rylan wrote:I was searched and told to remove things from my pockets when I was at the Frozen Four, and I even had credentials to be there. So I guess security is hit and miss?

Maybe you just look suspicious. :pop:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby OutofFoil on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 am

Willie Kool wrote:
Rylan wrote:I was searched and told to remove things from my pockets when I was at the Frozen Four, and I even had credentials to be there. So I guess security is hit and miss?

It's that gimp foot of his, security thought he might be Keyser Soze.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Postby no name on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 am

They brought back the bomb sniffing dogs at work, and i take the trolly to work and they have been having them sniffing the stations. So no suprise security at Pens games will be higher. I just hope this doesn't effect the Mario TV screen for the outdoor viewers.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 am

OutofFoil wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:

It's that gimp foot of his, security thought he might be Keyser Soze.

So Rylan looks like this?

llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am

More modern hair and not smoking and it would probably be almost close enough to a 40% match.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby C4 Row E on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:27 pm

So what did they do differently? I did not attend the game tonight.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jwest21 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

C4 Row E wrote:So what did they do differently? I did not attend the game tonight.

For me it was the exact same wand wave that they did at the last game. The only difference i noticed was the lines.
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TPW on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

If they're going to add time to everybody's wait in line, why can't they open the gates earlier? It doesn't make sense to me how you only have an hour to get in, especially when you're going to have to go through the added dog and pony show of long security checks.
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 pm

jwest21 wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:So what did they do differently? I did not attend the game tonight.

For me it was the exact same wand wave that they did at the last game. The only difference i noticed was the lines.

And the lines were because they told people to come early.

The only thing I noticed was two city cops were standing at the AE gate. That's it.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby knives of ice on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:39 pm

was the exact same for me tonight. i used to roll in at the anthem almost every game leaving my house as late as possible and you have no choice but to come early now. the wanding has been a problem at many games this year because they do not have enough people doing the wanding. you can't have 4 people doing the wanding of everyone at the main gate - this happened to me earlier in the year and i waited outside for 25minutes in a light rain which really sucked. the AE gate is the worst as the line usually is around a block outside waiting to get in.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 am

jwest21 wrote:

CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shyster on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm

I ended up stuck at work at didn't get to the game until maybe eight minutes into the first period. There was no line when I got to the AE gate, but the wanding didn’t seem any more or less comprehensive than it was before. The only difference I noticed was a bored-looking police officer standing off to the side.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Fire0nice228 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Shyster wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:Hopefully before this thread totally derails, at PNC arena in Raleigh you have to empty your pockets into a bowl so they can check your stuff and walk through a full body metal detector.. I see security patrols all the time in there too. Much moreso than Consol.

If you know, how long does it take? How many entrances do they have, and how many detectors are at each entrance? Does that arena have more entrances than the CEC? I really don’t want the CEC to turn into something like the airport where you need to factor in an hour just to go through security.

It doesnt take long at all, a couple of minutes and I would say there is 3-4 detectors that you walk through at each entrance. I honestly think it goes faster *provided people have their **** and their kids together* because they have long tables lined up and people behind the tables telling you what to do (empty your pockets, put it in the bowl) they search it and slide it to the end of the table. So they can check 2-3 peoples bowls at a time per detector. In the meantime people are just walking through the detector. If it goes off, they pull you to the side and wand you quickly. If it doesnt go off, you grab your stuff and step forward they scan your ticket and give you the booklet.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby firepower on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 am

penmyst wrote:
Shyster wrote:We already get frisked and wanded. What’s next, a rectal exam?

Let's hope not. When the Flyers come to town, games would NEVER get started.

It was funny, but a few years ago, when Veterans stadium was still up, I went to a Steelers/Eagles game there. They practically strip searched everyone walking in with Eagles stuff on. People with Steelers stuff they just let pass with just an enjoy the game.

Incidentally, That was the first game they held court at the stadium.
firepower
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins