Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 am

Tico Rick wrote:Was Hartzell on the ice with them?



Yes. Also, neal only skated for 15 min.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,504
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Inkio on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 am

JeffDFD wrote:Crosby, Neal, Martin all on the ice early again today. Malkin still in street clothes watching.

Looks like Hartzell is there as well. Welcome to the NHL - now go play against Sid, Neal, and Martin


We'll see if Malkin steps on the ice for the team skate.
Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby nexguy66 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 am

Twitter mentioned 71 among the players on the ice. Confirmed?

Looks like optional morning skate for #Pens: 14 16 48 10 9 19 15 46 27 17 71 5 41 47 4 3 2 58 92 29 on the ice
nexguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,739
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby tfrizz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 am

nexguy66 wrote:92 29


Can't believe I didn't notice that until now... Fleury 29, Vokoun 92.

Vokoun wore 29 everywhere else, so he just flipped them. Duh!!
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,281
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby tfrizz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 50m
Crosby will not skate Thursday. Heading home to attend family funeral, per Bylsma #Pens
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,281
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby relantel on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Tampa with 4 games left with St Louis and Stamkos still 3 points back of 87. Sid, if back at all during the regular season, could run away with the Ross. He may still win it even if he sits. AO and Kunitz are another 5 points back of the pair of Bolts, with 4 and 5 games left, respectively.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,172
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:25 pm

relantel wrote:Tampa with 4 games left with St Louis and Stamkos still 3 points back of 87. Sid, if back at all during the regular season, could run away with the Ross. He may still win it even if he sits. AO and Kunitz are another 5 points back of the pair of Bolts, with 4 and 5 games left, respectively.


It would be so sweet to see Sid come back for one regular season game and capture the scoring title because of it. I couldn't imagine the sour faces out there.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,480
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby SoCalPenguin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:21 am

I'm concerned that even though Tampa looks like garbage their last few games are against trash teams like Florida and Carolina etc. they will feast on crap like that I know it. That and a couple **** ENers. He could easily get 6-7 points that way.

Sid needs to play 3 games and he needs to totally go off in at least one of them. He needs a 4 point night.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:39 am
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:40 am

71 87 18

For the scoring title.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,902
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby CERV96 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 am

SoCalPenguin wrote:I'm concerned that even though Tampa looks like garbage their last few games are against trash teams like Florida and Carolina etc. they will feast on crap like that I know it. That and a couple **** ENers. He could easily get 6-7 points that way.

Sid needs to play 3 games and he needs to totally go off in at least one of them. He needs a 4 point night.


Agree

Just remember the year Sid had to share the Rocket Richard trophy cause Stamkos got an empty net goal late in the last game of the season.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am

CERV96 wrote:
SoCalPenguin wrote:I'm concerned that even though Tampa looks like garbage their last few games are against trash teams like Florida and Carolina etc. they will feast on crap like that I know it. That and a couple **** ENers. He could easily get 6-7 points that way.

Sid needs to play 3 games and he needs to totally go off in at least one of them. He needs a 4 point night.


Agree

Just remember the year Sid had to share the Rocket Richard trophy cause Stamkos got an empty net goal late in the last game of the season.


Since there is a tiebreaker for the scoring race (most goals) shouldn't there be a tiebreaker for the rocket? Like fewest games played or fewest shots?
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby CERV96 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:40 am

I was thinking least empty net goals.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:50 am

CERV96 wrote:I was thinking least empty net goals.


That's good. 2nd tiebreaker, least games and third, least shots?

Crosby played 81 games that year and Stamkos, 82. Not sure how many en goals either one had.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby CERV96 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 am

I think Stamkos had more ENG's than Sid. I remember all this from conversations past.

Iginla and Nash had to share it one year as well.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby slipshod on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Something that has bugged me and now we seem to have extra time to kill with speculation: If Neal is "symptom free" why is he only skating 15 minutes and then not at all the next day? More Pens med staff shenanigans? Setback?
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 am

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 pm

slipshod wrote:Something that has bugged me and now we seem to have extra time to kill with speculation: If Neal is "symptom free" why is he only skating 15 minutes and then not at all the next day? More Pens med staff shenanigans? Setback?


He worked out off ice the next day. It was a scheduled off ice workout, according to the Pens.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,715
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby SoCalPenguin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:16 pm

If the BOS game is made up next week Crosby can play in it...yay
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:39 am
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby NashvilleCat on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:17 pm

ENGs should not count toward the Richard trophy.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,129
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby America on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:ENGs should not count toward the Richard trophy.

Then they should't count at all
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby PhantomJB93 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:39 am

America wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:ENGs should not count toward the Richard trophy.

Then they should't count at all


Personally, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if they counted as a "team" goal like a shootout win does. Would take away a lot of hat tricks and goals by players who rarely score though. Plus Fleury would never get his EN goal he tries so hard for :slug:
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,442
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: Blacksburg, VA

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby bringitonhome on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:48 am

Bylsma said today that Martin is the injured player most likely to return during regular season.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,504
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby itissteeltime on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am

I think thats great news
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,295
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby bringitonhome on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:01 am

itissteeltime wrote:I think thats great news



It is, but doesnt seem that crosby will be available all that soon; which is bad news.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,504
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby pens2005 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:11 am

bringitonhome wrote:Bylsma said today that Martin is the injured player most likely to return during regular season.


That's terrible news to me. That tells me Sid isn't playing until maybe mid first round or early 2nd round if we get that far.

Terrible news for trying to develop chemistry before the games really count.

Didn't like Bylsma saying this at all today.

Also, does that list include Malkin? If it does then Geno isn't coming back anytime soon either.

Ugh...
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,252
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby bringitonhome on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:22 am

pens2005 wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:Bylsma said today that Martin is the injured player most likely to return during regular season.


That's terrible news to me. That tells me Sid isn't playing until maybe mid first round or early 2nd round if we get that far.

Terrible news for trying to develop chemistry before the games really count.

Didn't like Bylsma saying this at all today.

Also, does that list include Malkin? If it does then Geno isn't coming back anytime soon either.

Ugh...


Malkin skated this morning with the team...not so sure he was talking about him. Im not a big fan of the vague updates bylsma gives.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,504
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


e-mail