Are the Pens already in Boston?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:46 pm

penny lane wrote:this rush to reschedule a hockey game while the city remains locked down shows a lack of reality within the NHL. I don't think the pens are trilled to be staying another night in Boston.


That's what doesn't make sense. What makes them think the situation will be resolved by tomorrow afternoon? If I were this guy, I'd be getting as far away from Boston as humanly possible right now.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,775
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby Hawkeynut on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:50 pm

The Pens are going to go cabin crazy being hole'd up in a hotel for 36 (or so) hours!
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,934
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Somewhere between point A and point B

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby SoCalPenguin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Hopefully the hotel has a rink so Sidney can get in a practice.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby Hawkeynut on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Sid was probably still in NS for the funeral thing he was at on Thursday.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,934
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Somewhere between point A and point B

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm

penny lane wrote:this rush to reschedule a hockey game while the city remains locked down shows a lack of reality within the NHL. I don't think the pens are trilled to be staying another night in Boston.


What's unrealstic about it? Do you know the availability of the arena in Boston every day for the next week? How about the Bruins travel? They have 6 games in 9 days. Should they postpone the playoffs just in case?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,788
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby penny lane on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm

newarenanow wrote:
penny lane wrote:this rush to reschedule a hockey game while the city remains locked down shows a lack of reality within the NHL. I don't think the pens are trilled to be staying another night in Boston.


What's unrealstic about it? Do you know the availability of the arena in Boston every day for the next week? How about the Bruins travel? They have 6 games in 9 days. Should they postpone the playoffs just in case?


What I do know is that boston is locked down, transit is not operating and people are to stay home.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 29,061
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby Bathgate on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:04 pm

It's very unfair to reschedule tomorrow's game because of this. There are Buffalo people and out-of-town Pens fans in for the weekend and now they are screwed. There are local fans who are screwed simply because they want to go tomorrow and not Tuesday or can't make it Tuesday. The NHL should not do this.

Of course, rescheduling a Pens home game is insignificant compared to the manhunt in Boston, but the whole need to complete an entire NHL schedule is insignificant to that also. Decide the final standings by points per game and be done with it.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,012
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:10 pm

There is no good solution.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,907
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby slipshod on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Positives: Being holed up in a hotel can make for a great team bonding experience. The Steelers were "locked down" in a Miami Hotel because of Hurricane Jeanne and they say it really helped bring them together as a group. They won the Superbowl that year. Just sayin.
slipshod
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:17 am

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby jwest21 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:22 pm

What happens if the situation is unchanged tomorrow?
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,174
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:59 am
Location: on IR

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby nocera on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:23 pm

jwest21 wrote:What happens if the situation is unchanged tomorrow?


The NHL has said a decision will be made no later than 8:30am. So, we'll see then.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,258
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Is it wrong I somehow hope the time is moved to 7pm for tomorrow? I work and I never was a fan of 12:30 games anyways.

And yes I know my problems are petty compared to what's going on right now. But you can't keep the city on lockdown forever.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,769
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby jwest21 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:30 pm

I am glad you said that Freecandy...I missed the time change and thought it was 7
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,174
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:59 am
Location: on IR

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:48 pm

penny lane wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
penny lane wrote:this rush to reschedule a hockey game while the city remains locked down shows a lack of reality within the NHL. I don't think the pens are trilled to be staying another night in Boston.


What's unrealstic about it? Do you know the availability of the arena in Boston every day for the next week? How about the Bruins travel? They have 6 games in 9 days. Should they postpone the playoffs just in case?


What I do know is that boston is locked down, transit is not operating and people are to stay home.



And so what exactly are you blaming on the NHL?
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,742
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby skullman80 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:50 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Is it wrong I somehow hope the time is moved to 7pm for tomorrow? I work and I never was a fan of 12:30 games anyways.

And yes I know my problems are petty compared to what's going on right now. But you can't keep the city on lockdown forever.


I think the Bruins play Sunday afternoon, so playing a game at 7pm tomorrow for them wouldn't work.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,026
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:55 am
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby Steve on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:55 pm

slipshod wrote:Positives: Being holed up in a hotel can make for a great team bonding experience. The Steelers were "locked down" in a Miami Hotel because of Hurricane Jeanne and they say it really helped bring them together as a group. They won the Superbowl that year. Just sayin.


This is a great point, it's good to try to make the best of a bad situation - and the Pens have 4 players they recentlty added to the team....
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,689
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby penny lane on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 pm

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
penny lane wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
penny lane wrote:this rush to reschedule a hockey game while the city remains locked down shows a lack of reality within the NHL. I don't think the pens are trilled to be staying another night in Boston.


What's unrealstic about it? Do you know the availability of the arena in Boston every day for the next week? How about the Bruins travel? They have 6 games in 9 days. Should they postpone the playoffs just in case?


What I do know is that boston is locked down, transit is not operating and people are to stay home.



And so what exactly are you blaming on the NHL?


blaming ? rushing to get the game in when the city is still locked down.
do they know that the situation will be resolved tomorrow ? No. but they made all of these arrangements like they know all will be fine by 830am... which is when arena workers/ penguin staff will have to be out and about in Boston and at the rink.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 29,061
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby topshelf66 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:10 pm

I dont know if the situation will be settled by 8:30 am, but as far as the terrorist getting as far away from Boston as he can, that dude is going to draw his last breath within 100 yards of wherever he is holed up now. It is just a matter of when.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: The Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

penny lane wrote:
It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
penny lane wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
penny lane wrote:this rush to reschedule a hockey game while the city remains locked down shows a lack of reality within the NHL. I don't think the pens are trilled to be staying another night in Boston.


What's unrealstic about it? Do you know the availability of the arena in Boston every day for the next week? How about the Bruins travel? They have 6 games in 9 days. Should they postpone the playoffs just in case?


What I do know is that boston is locked down, transit is not operating and people are to stay home.



And so what exactly are you blaming on the NHL?


blaming ? rushing to get the game in when the city is still locked down.
do they know that the situation will be resolved tomorrow ? No. but they made all of these arrangements like they know all will be fine by 830am... which is when arena workers/ penguin staff will have to be out and about in Boston and at the rink.


Considering there is only 1 week until the playoffs start and the Bruins still have like 6 games to play, and this not only involves the logistics of the Bruins, but the Celtics, Sabres, Penguins and anyone else that is affected. So some quick decisions have to be made with the hope that the situation is resolved by tomorrow.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,788
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:23 pm

slipshod wrote:Positives: Being holed up in a hotel can make for a great team bonding experience. The Steelers were "locked down" in a Miami Hotel because of Hurricane Jeanne and they say it really helped bring them together as a group. They won the Superbowl that year. Just sayin.



Your silver-lining point is well taken, because many players cited that specific experience as a pivotal bonding experience. (Unfortunately, they lost to the Patriots in the AFC Championship that year, but that disaster was due to Marty Ball.)
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,442
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 pm
Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby jimreb on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Well, they lifted the stay in order....at least the Pens can go out and get some fresh air, lol
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,973
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:45 am
Location: Berks County Prison

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby tfrizz on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:11 pm

jimreb wrote:Well, they lifted the stay in order....at least the Pens can go out and get some fresh air, lol

And transit and such are reopened. Sounds good for a game tomorrow.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,647
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby jimreb on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:13 pm

tfrizz wrote:
jimreb wrote:Well, they lifted the stay in order....at least the Pens can go out and get some fresh air, lol

And transit and such are reopened. Sounds good for a game tomorrow.


Yeah, it will likely take fans about 3 hours to get through security for the game.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,973
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:45 am
Location: Berks County Prison

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby columbia on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Hmmm.....I have family from out of town visiting this weekend, so I'll have to DVR the game.
I guess it will be on NHLN (as was scheduled tonight)?

Survey says......yes:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyday.ht ... 04/20/2013
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,341
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:33 pm

I'd be mildly surprised if the game was played tomorrow.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,779
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: toledomudhen and 23 guests


e-mail