Bunch of penguins from the 91-92 cup team at the Bottleshop

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Bunch of penguins from the 91-92 cup team at the Bottleshop

Postby Azkar on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Tonight there were a bunch of pens from the 91-92 cup team at the bottleshop signing stuff if you bought a labatt. I got myself a hat.

Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Bunch of penguins from the 91-92 cup team at the Bottles

Postby BfromD on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 pm

I loved Trots. I see Jennings and Kenny Priestlay were there. Was the lower left (26) Mike Needham? And who was on the far side of the brim?
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Azkar on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 pm

I think the lower left is a 20, my friend got a hat that looked way more like a 0 than a 6, not sure on the far right, I think it's #30 but don't remember who it was
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DesertPenguin on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:43 am

I've seen current Pens at the bottle shop too. The players seem to like that place.

I specifically recall one night seeing two guys in nice suits with greasy hair sitting at the bar with their backs to me. I thought that was odd, until Jordan Staal walked through the door and I started giggling like a little girl. Yes, I am a 27 year old man, and no, I am not embarrassed. Anyway the two guys turned out to be Neal and Martin, and TK showed up in street clothes a few minutes later. It was about 30 minutes until close after the overtime game in Montreal last season when Letang got his concussion. They must have come straight from the airport, except for TK. You could tell they were just looking for a quite place to have a drink, and maybe the owner was going to stay open late for them. It was funny to see the stream of girls sit down next to them at the bar trying to get noticed, only to be mostly ignored, get bored and eventually slink back to their seat with their friends. Must be nice to be a pro athlete.

Anyway, I complimented them on the great comeback on my way out the door and then let them be. Nice guys all. It was a cool night.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins