The Sens Army loves Matt Cooke

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Sens Army loves Matt Cooke

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 pm

I think Vokoun should start the Sens game. I don't want Fleury getting run while in net. Heck...hold out Iggy, Morrow, etc. I don't want another Islanders embarrassment.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Sens don't have much wiggle room to screw around. If they keep on this pace, they could possibly miss the playoffs.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens#1 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:48 pm

I hope we get the sens in rd 1, or the jets
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am

pens#1 wrote:I hope we get the sens in rd 1, or the jets

All of the bottom 4 are suspect.

Sens/Rags - no offense
Isles - no real team, just on a hot streak. Pens have butchered Nabokov.
Jets - terrible goal tending and defense in general
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby saints11 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am

I'd let Cooke watch Monday, no use having somebody cheap shot him. He's played all season and has earned this day off. Defuse the madness and make the Sens management look silly!
saints11
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:33 am

ScottishPenguin wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
ScottishPenguin wrote:Granted this is both an unusual and pedantic first post, but somebody needs to point out that they've misspelled "Kassassination" on their pretty poster.

I suspect it's a portmanteau for Kassian (as in one of their players, Matt Kassian) and, well, you know...

No doubt it is. They still got it wrong.

I also commend the elementary school level of creativity on display. I can't help but think that someone's Mommy has the original in pride of place under the Blue's Clues fridge magnet.

:thumb: :D Nice. Welcome to the board, ScottishPenguin!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MayIsForHockey on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Kovy27 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/04/19/sp-nhl-matt-cooke-hatefest-erik-karlsson-ottawa-senators.html

Red Scarf Union, a Senators fan group determined to change the way fans support the team, is leading the charge. At least 60 of RSU’s membership, which numbers between 1,500 and 2,000, will gather at The Senate Sports Tavern and Eatery in the Byward Market in Ottawa at 4 p.m. Monday to finalize plans for the Matt Cooke Hatefest.

What's more intimidating than a union of scarf-wearers?
MayIsForHockey
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Guinness on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 pm

lolwut a bunch of jags.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:34 pm

"Matt Cooke. Totally responsible." :roll:

Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 am

MayIsForHockey wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/04/19/sp-nhl-matt-cooke-hatefest-erik-karlsson-ottawa-senators.html

Red Scarf Union, a Senators fan group determined to change the way fans support the team, is leading the charge. At least 60 of RSU’s membership, which numbers between 1,500 and 2,000, will gather at The Senate Sports Tavern and Eatery in the Byward Market in Ottawa at 4 p.m. Monday to finalize plans for the Matt Cooke Hatefest.

The Pens should all wear red scarfs during warm-ups. :slug:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 am

MayIsForHockey wrote:

This is hilarious. What a bunch of d-bags.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby RxBandit66 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:52 am

It would be perhaps the best thing if the Pens simply held Cooke out of this game. Knowing Cooke though, he probably wants to play. This type of stuff does not seem to bother him.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:56 am

Keeping Cooke out of the game will surely earn them respect.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 am

RxBandit66 wrote:It would be perhaps the best thing if the Pens simply held Cooke out of this game. Knowing Cooke though, he probably wants to play. This type of stuff does not seem to bother him.

No way he dodges this game.

Maybe every shift he takes also includes Mac on the ice with him :)

But if anyone thinks he runs from this, they haven't been watching Matt Cooke over his career.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby mac5155 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 am

I say let the senators go nuts after cooke. Let them lose, and miss the playoffs by a point. Then I can LOL
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:20 am

Again, there's too much at stake for the Sens to concern themselves with Cooke. Neil or whoever will beat the crap out of him or vice versa and that will be all.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sil on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 am

Intentional or not (and I find it hard to argue it was intentional), Matt Cooke did take out a huge piece of their team for a huge chunk of the season. If some Sen, with equatable stats, challenges Cooke to a fight...then Cooke should fight. After the 20 seconds that ensue...it's water under the bridge.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 am

MayIsForHockey wrote:

So, they have 500 people that aren't sure if they're members of the scarf club and depending on how many people are actually in the club, their hatred of Matt Cooke has resulted in somewhere between 3% and 4% of membership to come out and rally around Hatefest. Pathetic.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 am

Some quotes from Alfredsson (via Josh Yohe's and Pens Inside Scoop tweets) lead me to believe at least he's fed up will all the nonsense.

He's focused on winning and securing a playoff spot. Not retribution. When asked about how to avoid the Cooke hoopla he said "Don't listen to the media".
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Steve Dave on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm

sil wrote:Intentional or not (and I find it hard to argue it was intentional), Matt Cooke did take out a huge piece of their team for a huge chunk of the season. If some Sen, with equatable stats, challenges Cooke to a fight...then Cooke should fight. After the 20 seconds that ensue...it's water under the bridge.

Does this mean that Neil should accept MacIntyre's challenge since Neil pummeled Cooke at the end of that game?
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby IntangibleBeer on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:50 pm

MayIsForHockey wrote:

I know I'm scared. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

NOT :lol: :lol: :lol:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Eismann on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:17 pm

"Gold Lame Gang" evidently was taken.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby scals37 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Time well spent... even PETA members would be saying "get over it" to these drama queens...
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Shakes on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 pm

The most Sens-ible thing I've read from Sens fans/bloggers on this topic: http://senshot.com/2013/04/20/my-thoughts-on-the-matt-cooke-hatefest-and-you-might-not-like-them/

I don’t see the reason for such an event . . . I don’t see how anyone could watch that play and think it was the intended result. I realize I might be in the minority among Sens Fans to have this opinion, but it is how I have always felt since Feb 13rth when the incident happened.

But just like I stated when owner Eugene Melnyk went all CSI and said they would prove Cooke did it intentionally, I feel it was an accident. Just like when Marian Hossa‘s high stick caught Bryan Berard‘s eye. Just that, an accident. Remember how upset Sens Army was when Pat Quinn wouldn’t let that one go for years? That’s just what this looks like.

I had forgotten about that Hossa incident, and he's so right.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins