Mike Milbury

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Mike Milbury

Postby TrueNorth on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:49 am

Jasmine wrote:I called the NHL offices in New York today to call for Mike Milbury to be fired. Last night he called for Ottawa or ANY team to hurt Matt Cooke. This is both unacceptable and embarrassing to the league! There is no other league that would put with one of their announcers calling for someone to be hurt. The number in NY is (212)789-2000.

Milbury isn’t going anywhere. People can complain about him all they want, and the more they complain, the more his employers feel justified in keeping him on the payroll. He’s controversial and draws a ton of attention because of it. That fits right into NBC’s goals and objectives.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby jwest21 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:04 pm

He is part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Dan H on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:05 pm

jwest21 wrote:He is part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.

Take him away!
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Jasmine wrote:I called the NHL offices in New York today to call for Mike Milbury to be fired. Last night he called for Ottawa or ANY team to hurt Matt Cooke. This is both unacceptable and embarrassing to the league! There is no other league that would put with one of their announcers calling for someone to be hurt. The number in NY is (212)789-2000.

:thumb:

After the crack comment about Evgeni and Sidney, I figure nothing is going to get this jag -buffoon off of the air. NBC must like the chatter. Bob Errey would be perfect for that slot.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby topshelf66 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Sounds like he is professing goonism??? :P
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:22 pm

ugh... so now we get to hear reports of how pens fans are all entitled crybabies who call the league to whine the second anyone says anything bad about them.

WHO CARES WHAT MILBURY THINKS? he has proven himself to be a complete out of touch idiot on many many many occasions. Nobody is going to change their mind about how they feel about Cooke or the Penguins based on the opinions of a loudmouthed buffoon who is paid to be controversial.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Penspal on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 pm

I, for one, applaud your effort. He's part of an old school mentality that goes too far too often. There is a quote which applies here, sort of. "It's better to cross-the-line and suffer the consequences than to just stare at the line for the rest of your life". Milbury needs to face the consequences, and if Jasmine is the starting point, then kudos to her. Remember, Milbury was the "clown", kudos on the pic btw, who physically confronted a teenage hockey player in his son's league. He not only talks the talk, he walks the walk. And unlike hockey, when you commit fouls in real life, you should have more than 5 minutes in the box. Speaking of box, I'm stepping off the soapbox. :fist:
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I just absolutely love how it seems the entire league from fans-players-coaches-to analysts just can't stand this Pens team and not one word is said from the Pens org in the other direction. Everything from trash talk, their own players injuries, coaches whining is all handled with top notch class. It just has make these people fume more.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Penspal on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:46 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I just absolutely love how it seems the entire league from fans-players-coaches-to analysts just can't stand this Pens team and not one word is said from the Pens org in the other direction. Everything from trash talk, their own players injuries, coaches whining is all handled with top notch class. It just has make these people fume more.

Agree, the Pens have handled "things" in this new media age pretty well.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BigMcK on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Notice how there are no NHL Team(s) that want anything to do with 'experts' like Milbury, Jones, Roenick -- including teams they played for?

That should be an indicator as to how NHL management view the has-been hacks.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I just absolutely love how it seems the entire league from fans-players-coaches-to analysts just can't stand this Pens team and not one word is said from the Pens org in the other direction. Everything from trash talk, their own players injuries, coaches whining is all handled with top notch class. It just has make these people fume more.

Where was the hate from these guys when Detroit was dominating the league? The pundits were falling all over themselves praising the Wings.

Back in '08 all we kept having to hear is you have to get beat once before you can win a cup. Where was that same talk last year when it came to the Kings or when the Bruins/Hawks won? It seems to me like lots of people have an irrational hatred of the Pens.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:14 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:Back in '08 all we kept having to hear is you have to get beat once before you can win a cup. Where was that same talk last year when it came to the Kings or when the Bruins/Hawks won? It seems to me like lots of people have an irrational hatred of the Pens.

...That stuff sounds to me like people were praising the Pens and overlooking a very tight loss by a young team to a very veteran team. The Bruins had lost in the 2nd round 2 years in a row and I am quite sure the Hawks were in the conference finals the year before they won.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:Back in '08 all we kept having to hear is you have to get beat once before you can win a cup. Where was that same talk last year when it came to the Kings or when the Bruins/Hawks won? It seems to me like lots of people have an irrational hatred of the Pens.

...That stuff sounds to me like people were praising the Pens and overlooking a very tight loss by a young team to a very veteran team. The Bruins had lost in the 2nd round 2 years in a row and I am quite sure the Hawks were in the conference finals the year before they won.

Nah, this was at the beginning of the series and as the series went on. Because the same people did the same thing when we played Ottawa the first time and lost 4-1 in the series. Like a veteran team had a divine right to beat a younger team.

I meant more like losing in the finals. In my mind the Canucks and Fl*ers were both more playoff veteran teams when they played than the Bruins or Hawks.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:43 pm

This is all that needs to be said about Mike Milbury... it takes a skunk to know a skunk.

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby marek on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Get rid of him???
Sure... I know a guy that knows a guy... LOL
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:53 pm

topshelf66 wrote:Sounds like he is professing goonism??? :P

You better put your glasses on then!

Man, I miss Badger
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jwest21 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:This is all that needs to be said about Mike Milbury... it takes a skunk to know a skunk.

That IS an excellent point. I don't ever recall Cooke beating a fan in the stands. Or assaulting a child.
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pulp22 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm

jwest21 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:This is all that needs to be said about Mike Milbury... it takes a skunk to know a skunk.

That IS an excellent point. I don't ever recall Cooke beating a fan in the stands. Or assaulting a child.

Gee, such a classy guy that was part of a such classy organization. He should be in jail.
pulp22
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby heshootsandscores on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 pm

WOW...somebody ought to post that on B's web site...
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 pm

heshootsandscores wrote:WOW...somebody ought to post that on B's web site...

I'm pretty sure they know about it
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby puckeye on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm

topshelf66 wrote:Sounds like he is professing goonism??? :P

:thumb:
puckeye
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby darkstar57 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Did you call NBC because that is who he actually works for, not the NHL.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby marek on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 pm

While you're at it remind the NHL of this Homer piece of trash.

yes that's Jack Edwards after a Boston goal... LOL
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jwest21 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:49 pm

marek wrote:While you're at it remind the NHL of this Homer piece of trash.

yes that's Jack Edwards after a Boston goal... LOL

See, that doesnt bother me...it's on NESN so it was a local game. Homer announcers for the home team shouldn't be a problem. Now if he did that while on NBCSports, thats different.
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TrueNorth on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:03 pm

I agree wholeheartedly that Milbury should be held accountable for the garbage that spews from his mouth. Unfortunately, I just don’t see it happening. My solution to his outrageous comments and diatribes is the mute button, one of the greatest gifts to mankind, right up there with the invention of the wheel and the bread slicing machine.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins