Crowd Wooing

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Ossa on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
nocera wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:I've yet to ever talk to somebody that admits to doing this... so who the hell does it?



Ossa wrote:Me and a bunch of my buddies student rushed a game earlier this year. We woo'd the whole game and it was awesome. The more the people around us got annoyed, the more we would do it. It was a blast.



Ossa, you don't care that the ownership, who provides you with the Student Rush, the players, and the coaches really dislike it?

I'd like Shero to trade your bunch to Winnipeg for 9 white t-shirts, a beer-soaked toque, and petrified nachos. And get Kim Clackson to "deliver" the news to you. Don't you think it can't happen.


Do you have proof the players/coaches don't like it? The team is 17-6 at home.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby MayIsForHockey on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 pm

columbia wrote:This seems like a good reason to get rid of the student rush. :)

Or, maybe make the each student come with a parent.
MayIsForHockey
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:19 am

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Bioshock on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:03 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Well....

As one of the people who complains a lot about the "woo", the way this thread is going and the bile and hate and some stupidity coming out, I think I will never complain about the noise at games ever again. also when I go ill make sure I sit there and behave like a good boy who apparently doesn't want to make anyone mad.


Just do what i plan on doing if the Pens make it to the Finals. Get standing room only at the very top of the arena. That way, you don't deal with the pompous STH's and you still get to cheer. You're happy, they're happy. Everyone win.

No way i go back to regular seating if i can help it. And i will only go if the Pens are in the finals.

Went for the Frozen 4 not long ago and it was a great atmosphere. Could cheer as intensely as you desired and people just joined in with you. Was amazing.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,591
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby mikey287 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Like most sensible humans, A.J. Burnett doesn't like it...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,501
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Ossa wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
nocera wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:I've yet to ever talk to somebody that admits to doing this... so who the hell does it?



Ossa wrote:Me and a bunch of my buddies student rushed a game earlier this year. We woo'd the whole game and it was awesome. The more the people around us got annoyed, the more we would do it. It was a blast.



Ossa, you don't care that the ownership, who provides you with the Student Rush, the players, and the coaches really dislike it?

I'd like Shero to trade your bunch to Winnipeg for 9 white t-shirts, a beer-soaked toque, and petrified nachos. And get Kim Clackson to "deliver" the news to you. Don't you think it can't happen.


Do you have proof the players/coaches don't like it? The team is 17-6 at home.


Definitive proof? A direct quote? No, I don't. I should have qualified it with "reportedly," because that's what I'm working from--a bunch of people from home and a tPB. So, take it as a hypothetical, keeping in mind I wouldn't have posed the question had I not heard the report more than, say, 5 times.

Speaking for myself, I often find it difficult to listen to Lange and Bourque on the radio with the wooing. On my laptop, anyway, it usually sounds like you guys are right under their booth and you and PxP are at equal volume.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,254
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: The lox. PLUNDER THE LOX.

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:07 pm

mikey287 wrote:Like most sensible humans, A.J. Burnett doesn't like it...


That was in the PG last year, iirc.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,254
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: The lox. PLUNDER THE LOX.

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Sigwolf on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Ossa wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
nocera wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:I've yet to ever talk to somebody that admits to doing this... so who the hell does it?



Ossa wrote:Me and a bunch of my buddies student rushed a game earlier this year. We woo'd the whole game and it was awesome. The more the people around us got annoyed, the more we would do it. It was a blast.



Ossa, you don't care that the ownership, who provides you with the Student Rush, the players, and the coaches really dislike it?

I'd like Shero to trade your bunch to Winnipeg for 9 white t-shirts, a beer-soaked toque, and petrified nachos. And get Kim Clackson to "deliver" the news to you. Don't you think it can't happen.


Do you have proof the players/coaches don't like it? The team is 17-6 at home.


Questions like this really drive me to hyperbole... What relevance does the second statement have to do with the first question? To wit... Do drunk drivers really endanger people? I've driven on the road lots of times, and a drunk driver has never run into me. What does the second part of the statement have to do with the first? Beats me, but it sure isn't cause and effect.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,278
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 pm

So we hate it when the arena is quiet and also when there is noise. Ok good, got it.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,105
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Sigwolf on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:So we hate it when the arena is quiet and also when there is noise. Ok good, got it.


Someone's comprehension seems to be lacking, because this point has already been adequately addressed...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,278
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby mikey287 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:So we hate it when the arena is quiet and also when there is noise. Ok good, got it.


Someone's comprehension seems to be lacking, because this point has already been adequately addressed...


I find it impossible that someone, now multiple people, can't comprehend that there's a middle ground between cheering for your team at a sporting event and being a ****face...it's pretty simple really. Why intentionally miss the point and make yourself look even more foolish in a public forum...?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,501
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Well this thread should be nixed by the morning. Kudos kids...
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,075
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Whistling Past The Graveyard

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby columbia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:27 pm

MayIsForHockey wrote:
columbia wrote:This seems like a good reason to get rid of the student rush. :)

Or, maybe make the each student come with a parent.


+1
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,553
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:So we hate it when the arena is quiet and also when there is noise. Ok good, got it.


Someone's comprehension seems to be lacking, because this point has already been adequately addressed...


I find it impossible that someone, now multiple people, can't comprehend that there's a middle ground between cheering for your team at a sporting event and being a ****face...it's pretty simple really. Why intentionally miss the point and make yourself look even more foolish in a public forum...?


I mean, no offense, but how I look to LGPers is probably very low on my list of things I care about. I said it to get a ruse out of you, and, it must have worked. I obviously realize that there is a continuum between Winnipeg-noise and Ric Flair-noise. However I was making a point.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,105
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby mikey287 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 pm

And what point might that be...?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,501
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby profpolisci on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Ossa wrote:Me and a bunch of my buddies student rushed a game earlier this year. We woo'd the whole game and it was awesome. The more the people around us got annoyed, the more we would do it. It was a blast.


Image
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,100
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:21 am

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:51 pm

KEEF!!!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,254
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: The lox. PLUNDER THE LOX.

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby knives of ice on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:54 pm

this thread pretty much sums up why i've been forced into lisntening to the internet radio feed of the game with noise canceling headphones even if it is around 10 secords or so behind the action.

nothing is worst than people who feel the need to comment cluelessly on every single play, pass, shot during the game. if i am forced to listen to commentary, i might as well listen to professionals.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,530
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby mikey287 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:07 am

Lt. Dish wrote:KEEF!!!


It's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere...unless there is wooing...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,501
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 am

mikey287 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:KEEF!!!


It's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere...unless there is wooing...


I don't have a drugs problem...I have a wooing problem...
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,254
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: The lox. PLUNDER THE LOX.

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby canaan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 am

mikey287 wrote:And what point might that be...?

+1
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,007
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:45 am

mikey287 wrote:And what point might that be...?


My point was that this board always finds something to **** and moan about. First the arena is too quiet, now the noise in the stands isn't the noise you want it to be, so now we have 8 pages of incessant complaining about Student Rushers among everything else. There's complaining in the midst of a 15 game winning streak--Malkin is a lazy Russian, Kennedy sucks, trade Endicott--whatever it is. I'm just saying, this board is never happy. Ever. The last time it was, was in June of 2009. I was a senior in high school. I graduate college next week.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,105
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 am

For the third time, there's a clear difference between noise (cheering) and being an obnoxious *Hartnell*. I don't know what you're not getting.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,613
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 am

Simply put - if you are "wooing" in the sense of our discussion (ie random outburst meant clearly for the sake of annoying other people), you are an a-hole.
Do you have the right to be an a-hole? Sure... to an extent. If a pompous STH has an usher remove you - you've earned it.
The crowd at consol has not been quiet at all for about 2 months - that's not because of the wooers.

This thread isn't about complaining - I think it was more to explore just what the point is of wooing - and so far the only thing we've found is that it's meant to do exaclty what everyone thought it was meant to do - annoy people.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,116
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 am

DropEmJayBird wrote:Simply put - if you are "wooing" in the sense of our discussion (ie random outburst meant clearly for the sake of annoying other people), you are an a-hole.
Do you have the right to be an a-hole? Sure... to an extent. If a pompous STH has an usher remove you - you've earned it.
The crowd at consol has not been quiet at all for about 2 months - that's not because of the wooers.

This thread isn't about complaining - I think it was more to explore just what the point is of wooing - and so far the only thing we've found is that it's meant to do exaclty what everyone thought it was meant to do - annoy people.


NO NO NO NO NO ITS JUST TO MAKE NOISE FOR THE TEAM!

MAN, LGP JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ME.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,838
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby meow on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:49 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
mikey287 wrote:And what point might that be...?


My point was that this board always finds something to **** and moan about. First the arena is too quiet, now the noise in the stands isn't the noise you want it to be, so now we have 8 pages of incessant complaining about Student Rushers among everything else. There's complaining in the midst of a 15 game winning streak--Malkin is a lazy Russian, Kennedy sucks, trade Endicott--whatever it is. I'm just saying, this board is never happy. Ever. The last time it was, was in June of 2009. I was a senior in high school. I graduate college next week.

I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know, I sing in the shower? Sometimes, I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally, I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,943
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: I hate cats, Jacques! I hate 'em!

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rgj and 6 guests

e-mail