How game 1 will look

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Nizzy on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Video game logic. Players must plug into the position listed on their player card.


lol, well I40D lets see

RW 500 GOAL SCORER HOF PLAYER

DUMB FRINGE NHL GRINDER COACH PUTS HIM AT LW

PRETTY STUPID LOGIC TO ME.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,596
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Steel City

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby astro4k on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:38 pm

jimjom wrote:Game 1 will also look like this:

LIGHTS

LASERS!!!!!!!

LOUD VOICE TALKS AND YELLS

very bright

leaning folks :twisted: :evil:

MUSIC AND SONGS

and now a word from our SPONSORS

brought to you by HighmarkPMC great call here we go countdown ketchup co. Buckle up RU KIDDN ME :scared:


and don't forget the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOers... :scared:
Last edited by astro4k on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astro4k
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,520
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Broadlands, VA

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby joopen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:39 pm

jimjom wrote:Game 1 will also look like this:

LIGHTS

LASERS!!!!!!!

LOUD VOICE TALKS AND YELLS

very bright

leaning folks :twisted: :evil:

MUSIC AND SONGS

and now a word from our SPONSORS

brought to you by HighmarkPMC great call here we go countdown ketchup co. Buckle up RU KIDDN ME :scared:


You forgot WOOOOOOOOO!
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,735
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Video game logic. Players must plug into the position listed on their player card.


lol, well I40D lets see

RW 500 GOAL SCORER HOF PLAYER

DUMB FRINGE NHL GRINDER COACH PUTS HIM AT LW

PRETTY STUPID LOGIC TO ME.


Sort of like saying Simon Despres is the reason the Pens win?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,711
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Video game logic. Players must plug into the position listed on their player card.


lol, well I40D lets see

RW 500 GOAL SCORER HOF PLAYER

DUMB FRINGE NHL GRINDER COACH PUTS HIM AT LW

PRETTY STUPID LOGIC TO ME.


I think Iggy will succeed with Sid and Dupers on LW or RW.

But what does DB's NHL success or lack thereof have to do with it? By that logic (buzzword of this thread), why would you read or care about any of our opinions? Or your own, assuming you didn't play top 6 minutes in the NHL.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Put the Kuny on frickin 2nd line LW and Iggy on 1st line RW,dumbass or rather stubborn HCDB

I wish JJ would center 3rd line with Morrow and Bennett...
Cooke - Sutter - ??? 4th
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,479
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Pens4Life wrote:Put the Kuny on frickin 2nd line LW and Iggy on 1st line RW,dumbass or rather stubborn HCDB


He did.

:face:

Jesus, people.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,711
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby PensFan1992 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Rossi article: http://triblive.com/mobile/3918405-96/c ... a-penguins

-Sid not cleared for contact :thumbdown:
I (wrongly) assumed that being cleared for practice meant he could take contact. Let's hope he's not been cleared for contact because he can only take contact once he's cleared to play by docs. Sorry if that doesn't make sense haha.

-Bylsma says he's not inclined to break up the Kunitz, Sid, Duper line. :thumb:
Although, I'm not sure if Bylsma said that today or if he said it a few days after Sid was injured. One has to think the Iginla, Neal, Malkin line not gelling plays a role in all this. And one would hope Iggy's off the LW very, very soon--especially if he's on a line with Dupuis (who can play both wings).

-Third line (Cooke, Sutter, Morrow) staying intact :thumb: :thumb:
That line looked unreal last night. Instant chemistry. Will cause nightmares deep in the playoffs (if the Pens make it that far :scared: ). Just when you think you have Crosby & Malkin's line under as much control as possible, whoops, you forgot about the 3rd line.
PensFan1992
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby PensFan1992 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Wait...what's this about Sutter being banished to the 4th line? C'mon, guys. :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face:
PensFan1992
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby pcm on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Whatever line Morrow has been on has looked unreal. He's been the Pens best forward since the deadline. I personally think he unlocks the most potential playing with Malkin-Neal, but whatever. I'm glad he's in the lineup.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,102
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby wondermoose on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Putting Kunitz with Malkin to get him kick-started is the most logical move. That line needs some speed AND physicality that Morrow just doesn't really have. Besides, Morrow and Beau ought to stay together because they have been pretty dynamic at times the past couple of weeks.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,900
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:21 pm

So if the Isles lose in reg to Buffalo tonight we got em
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,366
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:So if the Isles lose in reg to Buffalo tonight we got em


Yes, sir. They've played the Pens tough this year, but I think that's the best matchup.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Shakes wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:So if the Isles lose in reg to Buffalo tonight we got em


Yes, sir. They've played the Pens tough this year, but I think that's the best matchup.

Really, any one of NYR, NYI or OTT would be a nice easy matchup.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,445
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby neophool on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:43 pm

7 game series i do not want to play OTT.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,360
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:36 am
Location: The Dumps

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Staggy on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm

I really don't want to play NYR in the first round. I still think we'd beat them but I think we dispatch the Isles or Sens in 5 games max.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,846
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm

If we play anyone, but especially NYI, then we must stay out of the damn box.

Lt. D'ohbvious
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,662
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Advancing on defensive indifference

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Video game logic. Players must plug into the position listed on their player card.


lol, well I40D lets see

RW 500 GOAL SCORER HOF PLAYER

DUMB FRINGE NHL GRINDER COACH PUTS HIM AT LW

PRETTY STUPID LOGIC TO ME.


Most succesful coaches were dumb fringe NHL grinders, which makes a lot of sense, too. But whatever, carry on.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,715
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby pens2005 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 pm

PensFan1992 wrote:Rossi article: http://triblive.com/mobile/3918405-96/c ... a-penguins

-Sid not cleared for contact :thumbdown:
I (wrongly) assumed that being cleared for practice meant he could take contact. Let's hope he's not been cleared for contact because he can only take contact once he's cleared to play by docs. Sorry if that doesn't make sense haha.

-Bylsma says he's not inclined to break up the Kunitz, Sid, Duper line. :thumb:
Although, I'm not sure if Bylsma said that today or if he said it a few days after Sid was injured. One has to think the Iginla, Neal, Malkin line not gelling plays a role in all this. And one would hope Iggy's off the LW very, very soon--especially if he's on a line with Dupuis (who can play both wings).

-Third line (Cooke, Sutter, Morrow) staying intact :thumb: :thumb:
That line looked unreal last night. Instant chemistry. Will cause nightmares deep in the playoffs (if the Pens make it that far :scared: ). Just when you think you have Crosby & Malkin's line under as much control as possible, whoops, you forgot about the 3rd line.

I think he should break up the Crosby dupuis Kunitz line if it means taking Iginla away from Malkin.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,226
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Nizzy wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Video game logic. Players must plug into the position listed on their player card.


lol, well I40D lets see

RW 500 GOAL SCORER HOF PLAYER

DUMB FRINGE NHL GRINDER COACH PUTS HIM AT LW

PRETTY STUPID LOGIC TO ME.


Most succesful coaches were dumb fringe NHL grinders, which makes a lot of sense, too. But whatever, carry on.

The most successful player in the modern era was a terrible coach.

Spoiler:
Image
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,052
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Nizzy wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Video game logic. Players must plug into the position listed on their player card.


lol, well I40D lets see

RW 500 GOAL SCORER HOF PLAYER

DUMB FRINGE NHL GRINDER COACH PUTS HIM AT LW

PRETTY STUPID LOGIC TO ME.


Most succesful coaches were dumb fringe NHL grinders, which makes a lot of sense, too. But whatever, carry on.

The most successful player in the modern era was a terrible coach.


If by 'terrible coach' you mean "great owner" then yeah

Spoiler:
Image


8-)
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,366
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby murphydump55 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:18 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Nizzy wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Video game logic. Players must plug into the position listed on their player card.


lol, well I40D lets see

RW 500 GOAL SCORER HOF PLAYER

DUMB FRINGE NHL GRINDER COACH PUTS HIM AT LW

PRETTY STUPID LOGIC TO ME.


Most succesful coaches were dumb fringe NHL grinders, which makes a lot of sense, too. But whatever, carry on.

The most successful player in the modern era was a terrible coach.


If by 'terrible coach' you mean "great owner" then yeah

Spoiler:
Image


8-)


No he was right. The great owner you speak of was not the most successful player.

Best and most talented of the modern era yes, most successful, no.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,394
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:27 am

^ I stand corrected

Image
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,366
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 am

Staggy wrote:I really don't want to play NYR in the first round. I still think we'd beat them but I think we dispatch the Isles or Sens in 5 games max.


honestly now that OTT has Karlson, Anderson, Michalek back i would rather not play them anymore. We would still win but i feel like it would be 2010 all over again where it was too close for comfort.

NYI have to be the best option and if OTT and NYR win today we play the isles. I watched them play BUF last night and they look bad, i know the Isles are supposed to be coming around and have some good players but they still are not good, i think if it was a 82 game season they wouldnt make it.

im hoping to play the ISLES but we can take any of them
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:16 am

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
Staggy wrote:I really don't want to play NYR in the first round. I still think we'd beat them but I think we dispatch the Isles or Sens in 5 games max.


honestly now that OTT has Karlson, Anderson, Michalek back i would rather not play them anymore. We would still win but i feel like it would be 2010 all over again where it was too close for comfort.

NYI have to be the best option and if OTT and NYR win today we play the isles. I watched them play BUF last night and they look bad, i know the Isles are supposed to be coming around and have some good players but they still are not good, i think if it was a 82 game season they wouldnt make it.

im hoping to play the ISLES but we can take any of them

About a week ago, a friend of mine from LI who's a real big Isles fan made a comment to me that the Pens were lucky that it was a shortened season... I didn't even bother to acknowledge the comment.

Isles fans :face:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

e-mail