How game 1 will look

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Rylan on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:18 pm

I don't think Knives was referring to me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,994
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Great58 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:20 pm

knives of ice wrote:do people really not take any stock into what lines have been practicing? its pretty clear what the plan is for the playoffs if sid plays.

So Sid will be skating with Bennett and Jeffery in the playoffs? Good to know.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,584
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:21 pm

*shrug*

At least it's out there that the lines may get jumbled depending on situation and people shouldn't be too alarmed/surprised by it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,896
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Rylan on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:25 pm

I think the great thing with this team is they are a matchup nightmare no matter what.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,994
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:37 pm

André wrote:Say what? Judging by last night's lines I say the following is likely:

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Morrow
Jokinen - Adams - Kennedy


Jokinen's too talented to play on line 4. I want him on line 3 and maybe some time even higher, like with Sid on occasion.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Headshot77 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
André wrote:Say what? Judging by last night's lines I say the following is likely:

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Morrow
Jokinen - Adams - Kennedy


Jokinen's too talented to play on line 4. I want him on line 3 and maybe some time even higher, like with Sid on occasion.

There is no line 4 on this team, it is 1a, 1b, 1c, and 1d
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 am

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Rylan on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:01 pm

1 A, 1 B, 2, 3 is more accurate.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,994
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby shmenguin on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm

1a
1b
3
4

Sutter Cooke and Morrow are 3rd liners. That's not a 2nd line on any decent team in the league.
Adams and Glass are 5th liners and Jokinen is at least a 3rd. So we'll average it out to 4.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,537
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby scals37 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Jokinen should remain at center, with his faceoff ability and solid 2-way play, he'll make the fourth line a solid option.. he'll get his big minutes on PK and second PP unit as well
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,693
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Joe Baggadonuts' House

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Beveridge on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 pm

People need to drop video game mentality.

In the playoffs there are no lines, only match ups. Only the order the TV or Media give is a 1 2 3 4 ordeal. It's overrated.

Position doesn't matter. Pens could announce Jussi was switching to D full time starting Wednesday and he could take the faceoffs.

Pens are going to rotate 10 players for 95% of even strength time. The other 5% will be Adams/Glass/TK/Beau/random guy on street
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,470
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:47 pm

shmenguin wrote:1a
1b
3
1c



FTFY. With Crosby or Malkin double shifting on the optimal 4th line, it turns into another 1. (Jokinen - Crosby - Bennett) Oh yeah.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,712
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:16 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: How game 1 will look

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Game 1 looks like this:
An eternity away
Patience for Wednesday

What should breakfast be?
Thinking Crankshaft-brewed coffee
Morrow-like protein

But for now, will wait
Will watch Bruins-Sens tonight
With rapt attention
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,825
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Humperdink, RisslingsMissingTeeth, Wooav8tor and 13 guests

e-mail