House For Sale by Iginla

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: House For Sale by Iginla

Postby Gaucho on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 am

I think Iggy would have to accept a ridiculous discount to make it work. I just don't see it. Or maybe I just don't want to get my hopes up.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:51 am

If he wants to go somewhere and have a significantly better chance to win, he's gonna have to take a cut somewhere. I don't know if its realistic that he wants it that much, but its not like he is really wanting for money at this time.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Hawkeynut on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 am

Maybe Geno goes all Jordan Staal on us.

Room for Iggy! :pop:
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby toby91_ca on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 am

The quote was missleading. I wondered why an 11,000 sf home in Calgary would only be listed for $3.995 million. Turns out the plot of land the house is built on is 11,000 sf. The house is actually 4,800 sf. Still a sizeable home, but not an 11,000 sf monster.
toby91_ca
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby suzinpgh on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 am

toby91_ca wrote:The quote was missleading. I wondered why an 11,000 sf home in Calgary would only be listed for $3.995 million. Turns out the plot of land the house is built on is 11,000 sf. The house is actually 4,800 sf. Still a sizeable home, but not an 11,000 sf monster.

Thanks for clearing that up. It's a stunning property, but looked waaaay too small to be 11,000 sf. Still, a lot
of house for most folks.

Out of curiosity, I ran the monthly payments on a $3.995MM mortgage at 3.5% for 30 years. About $18k per month, not including property taxes and insurance.
suzinpgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I keep hearing Iginla to L.A. to get back with Darryl Sutter. I don't know if this is feasible with L.A.'s cap situation and roster.

I find it creepy that the press releases his home address and pictures of his house.

If this is true then why did he not choose LA? Apparently they were the 3rd team interested. I may be wrong on that but thats what I heard.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Penspal on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 pm

CERV96 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I keep hearing Iginla to L.A. to get back with Darryl Sutter. I don't know if this is feasible with L.A.'s cap situation and roster.

I find it creepy that the press releases his home address and pictures of his house.

If this is true then why did he not choose LA? Apparently they were the 3rd team interested. I may be wrong on that but thats what I heard.

Agree, a little privacy goes a long way. The Pittsburgh media has done good by me on that front (at least with Sid).

As for why Iggy chose the Pens..... 22-2 in the last 24 shows he made a good choice.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:21 pm

I don't think the Kings were in on him on the trade deadline, but they may be a destination for Iggy on 1 July.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:25 pm

I'd love to have him, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. My only desire is that if he's not back, and takes a discount to win, I hope he goes West.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby GreenLantern on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Iggy doesn't want to play in the Western Conference, plain and simple. He doesn't want to face off against the Flames or battle with them for playoff spots, he has never out right said it, but he has hinted at it in more than a few ways during exit interviews, including his presser. Being in the east he will only have to visit the Dome once every two years..

He also makes his off season home in BC, which is where he will most likely retire, so I wasn't surprised to see his home up for sale. He wants to play until he is 40, if the Pens will have him, I imagine he will stay there. He already said why would he want to play anywhere else? This team has not one but the two best players in the world, no reason they can't be contenders every year.

If the Pens are talking about keeping Dupuis over Iginla, I think you guys might want to reevaluate Dupuis... but I am a Flames fan so to me Iggy is god.
GreenLantern

Postby Tomas on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:But most real estate listings don't have names attached to them...Obviously, it was known where he lived and they put 1+1 together, but I still think it's creepy.

Creepy - yes. But frequently done, I think: http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2012/0 ... -for-sale/ (marble pillars = the sign of "classy" :twisted: )
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 pm

GreenLantern wrote:Iggy doesn't want to play in the Western Conference, plain and simple. He doesn't want to face off against the Flames or battle with them for playoff spots, he has never out right said it, but he has hinted at it in more than a few ways during exit interviews, including his presser. Being in the east he will only have to visit the Dome once every two years..

He also makes his off season home in BC, which is where he will most likely retire, so I wasn't surprised to see his home up for sale. He wants to play until he is 40, if the Pens will have him, I imagine he will stay there. He already said why would he want to play anywhere else? This team has not one but the two best players in the world, no reason they can't be contenders every year.

If the Pens are talking about keeping Dupuis over Iginla, I think you guys might want to reevaluate Dupuis... but I am a Flames fan so to me Iggy is god.

That makes sense, because if things played out the way it has been said it was completely his choice. If he really wanted to go to LA, he would be there right now. Iggy may be god, but Pascal Dupuis has been own Appreciation Society here. I don't see one for Iggy. :D
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

GreenLantern wrote:Iggy doesn't want to play in the Western Conference, plain and simple. He doesn't want to face off against the Flames or battle with them for playoff spots, he has never out right said it, but he has hinted at it in more than a few ways during exit interviews, including his presser. Being in the east he will only have to visit the Dome once every two years..

That's it.

I'm making it tonight.

ITS COMING BOYS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I DONT CARE IF ITS NOT THE PLAYOFFS YET. IM HOSTING THE THREAD.

Get ready RJ, a lot of formatting in the OP. :fist:
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 pm

I know there are cap concerns, but as of yet, I have not found anyone who can give me a good idea of what the cap will be AFTER 2013-2014. Everyone knows it is going to drop by about 6 million for next year, but, I am not an expert CBA decipher person. I have sent a few emails/tweets to people like CapGeek, etc who know more about that stuff, and still have yet to receive an answer.

The reason I bring this up, is I am pretty sure there is a maximum amount the cap can grow, max amount the floor can grow, etc. The league has not taken a very big hit from the lockout, from everything I have seen. I think the cap could easily be back up to 70mil+ for 2014-2015 season, which is when Malkin and Letangs new contracts would kick in. I still say it is very possible to get a combination of Dupuis, Morrow, Iginla, and Murray back in the fold. May require losing Dupuis, Cooke, Kennedy, and/or trading a Martin or Niskanen, but it is possible. With current players signed for next year, Pens have just about 8million in cap space. Trade Martin, and you put that up to 13million. Iginla at 4, Morrow at 2.5, Murray at 2.7, resign Jeffrey and Bortuzzo for under a million each. Would love to keep Dupuis, but anything over 2.5 million and the Pens really can't afford him. Of course, I doubt it will happen and it is all subject to how successful the Pens are in the post-season. The new guys have done well so far, but post season could be different.

Iginla-Crosby-Bennett
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Jokkinen
Glass-Jeffrey-Vitale

Letang-Despres
Niskanen-Murray
Orpik-Engelland/Bortuzzo/Dumoulin/Reese
FLPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:23 pm

FLPensFAN,

SAVE IT FOR THE THREAD TONIGHT BRO. GOTTA GET OFF WORK FIRST, AND SHAPE UP THE TEMPLATE.

GOING TO NEED A STICKY* RJ
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Well put and nice user name also!

Welcome to the show and enjoy the ride!
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby knives of ice on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Hawkeynut wrote:Maybe Geno goes all Jordan Staal on us.

that's more than likely what will happen with Letang. he can easily get 8 million per year from someone and no way the pens are paying that.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GreenLantern on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:10 pm

For anyone who has not seen his post trade press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZpN2VgzzYE

Approximately 6:45
-Wanted the trade to be mutual gain for both him and the Calgary Flames, but ultimately if he was leaving Calgary he wanted the best chance to win
-Had some choice (under statement) and I chose Pittsburgh
-Had the opportunity to play on the team with the two best players in the world, wasn't going to pass that up, thrilled and thankful for the opportunity

7:45
-Wanted to win a SC in Calgary, but knows his best chance wasn't here
-Pittsburgh is a great team on a great role with the two best players in the world, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin

There are some more mentions but you get the point, he has point blank said I chose Pittsburgh, I want to play with Sid and Malkin, I know my best chance to win a Cup is in Pitts. Not giving himself the best bargaining stand point for the off season :P But I don't think he will be too concerned with a mill here or there, he just wants his damn Cup. The only way I can see Jarome leaving Pittsburgh is if the team wins the Cup this year.. and even then he might decide to stick around and try to win another one.

Just in case you want to see it, part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZpN2VgzzYE
GreenLantern

Postby Godric on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Man, I should have been a professional hockey player, not only does he own a absolutely phenomenal house but he makes more than that house is worth in 1 season :-/
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby pcm on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 pm

If Iggy wants to play till he's 40, then sign him to a 4 year, $15m contract. The same Kunitz got... $3.75m per.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby toby91_ca on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:30 pm

I think the house sold in 1 day.
toby91_ca
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 am

Rylan wrote:

Well he is selling it. So...its weird, but not that weird IMO.

Not a bad way to get some free advertising for a ~$4million property, either. :fist:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 am

Hawkeynut wrote:Maybe Geno goes all Jordan Staal on us.

Geno has a brother or brothers he wants to play with? :pop:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby columbia on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

I think his brother manages the prison-themed restaurant.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins