Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby nexguy66 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm

bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:I don't really see him play Wednesday if he is cleared tomorrow....id say Friday at earliest. Who knows tho.

If he's cleared to play, there is no way hes not playing, even if it's an hour before puckdrop.

He hasnt even been cleared for contact. Im sure he/they would like him to have a few contact practices first.

Isn't cleared for contact the same thing as cleared to play?
nexguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Sid likes comeback games vs Islanders
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Beveridge wrote:Sid likes comeback games vs Islanders

winrar
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:44 pm

bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:I don't really see him play Wednesday if he is cleared tomorrow....id say Friday at earliest. Who knows tho.

If he's cleared to play, there is no way hes not playing, even if it's an hour before puckdrop.

He hasnt even been cleared for contact. Im sure he/they would like him to have a few contact practices first.

This isn't' a concussion. Its a broken bone. He'll play when cleared
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bringitonhome on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 pm

nexguy66 wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:

Isn't cleared for contact the same thing as cleared to play?

Yes, but don't you think that HCDB and maybe Sid himself would want to have a few "contact" practices first? He's been out for over a month and it is now the playoffs....a little harder hitting and not as much room out there.

I of course hope he plays, but I can see him not playing until at least game 2. And this is if he's even cleared.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Easton on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Didn't he already say if he's cleared, he's playing? That's not verbatim, but I'm fairly certain that's the gist of what he said to reporters a few days ago.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bringitonhome on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:57 pm

IanMoran wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:

How many full practices did Martin have before returning after being cleared? 3-5?
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bringitonhome on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Easton wrote:Didn't he already say if he's cleared, he's playing? That's not verbatim, but I'm fairly certain that's the gist of what he said to reporters a few days ago.

I believe he did say that, but players and coaches have said things like that before and it ends up not happening.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nexguy66 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:02 pm

bringitonhome wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:

How many full practices did Martin have before returning after being cleared? 3-5?

Seems like they usually ask the player if they think they are ready to go after being cleared. Some players are not ready, others are. I hope Sid thinks he is ready. edit: it's not like this is a regular season game. Lots of players play with injuries they would normally sit out with if it were not for the playoffs. I'm sure Sid doesn't want to miss a second.
nexguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 pm

I can't believe this is up for debate.

If Sid is cleared for playing/contact, he is in Wednesday night.

Come on.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jwest21 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:15 pm

My prediction: Jawsby will be playing Wednesday....write it down
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:34 pm

He is on Madden @ 5:30 I bet he asks him.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby toby91_ca on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:39 pm

If he gets clearance tomorrow, he plays Wednesday, it is that simple. This isn't a getting cleared for contact type thing that after you get that clearnance, you get some practice time in before progressing to games. This is a clearance to play call.
toby91_ca
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:04 pm

bringitonhome wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:

Because it made zero sense to have Martin play before using the last game of the regular season as a tune-up.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFan1992 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:25 pm

IanMoran wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:

Yep, exactly. Crosby has already clearly stated that he's ready to play as soon as he's cleared. There's no doubt he plays Wednesday if cleared tomorrow.
PensFan1992

Postby PensFan1992 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Easton wrote:Didn't he already say if he's cleared, he's playing? That's not verbatim, but I'm fairly certain that's the gist of what he said to reporters a few days ago.

Yep. He definitely said that.
PensFan1992

Postby PensFan1992 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 pm

bringitonhome wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:
dixonyy18 wrote:

More like one. Crosby's already taken in two practices with the Pens.
PensFan1992

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 pm

I think this last hurdle of clearance is just a formality. IMO. I would be surprised if he wasn't cleared. Of course he must take as long as needed but it seems to me the Pens have more of a timetable than they are letting on.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:I think this last hurdle of clearance is just a formality. IMO. I would be surprised if he wasn't cleared. Of course he must take as long as needed but it seems to me the Pens have more of a timetable than they are letting on.

It's possible...

1. It is advantageous to wait longer to announce as it forces the other team to prepare for both scenarios
2. In the event of a setback, they don't want everyone crying that they lied about it/were wrong
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFan1992 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:28 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:I think this last hurdle of clearance is just a formality. IMO. I would be surprised if he wasn't cleared. Of course he must take as long as needed but it seems to me the Pens have more of a timetable than they are letting on.

I'm sure they've always had a timetable; at least within days of his first, major surgery. With a broken bone, how can you not?

Not releasing a timetable has PR written all over it. We all know how terrible it looked when the Pens said Sid would be out a week with a concussion. No timetable = no expectations & you cover your own ass if he got an infection (something that apparently could've delayed a return by weeks). Regardless, from the beginning, it was easy to see the rough timetable was at about 4 weeks. We're just past that 4 week mark now, so a return can't be far off--regardless of what happens with the doctor tomorrow.
PensFan1992

Postby Pens4Life on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:33 am

So if he is cleared to play,will we see :

Dupuis as LW - Crosby - Iggy as RW ?
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Eismann on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 am

Just realized that the Bane voice is a rip of Deckard Cain from the Diablo vids.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 am

Eismann wrote:Just realized that the Bane voice is a rip of Deckard Cain from the Diablo vids.

Hello my friend stays while and listen...

Can't un-hear it now
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 am

Today is the day if Sid will find out what his special purpose is.

CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Great58 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 am

toby91_ca wrote:If he gets clearance tomorrow, he plays Wednesday, it is that simple. This isn't a getting cleared for contact type thing that after you get that clearnance, you get some practice time in before progressing to games. This is a clearance to play call.

If he can play he can play.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins