Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby C4 Row E on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:For all those that do not think they've raised prices to an insane level, take a look at Ticketmaster. You can go right now and get a block of 45 tickets together in section 120. All for the bargain price of $230.25 each for the 1st playoff game. Giving student rush tickets away does not count for a sellout streak. If they would have been reasonable with these prices in the first place, they would not have to give them away.

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that they are charging too much and will not sell out? If that is the case, check back tomorrow.... most seats are already gone...

There are seats available right now on the Exchange for $135 in section 117. The person selling them is losing money.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby C4 Row E on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 pm

66_FOREVER wrote:My issue is that I am on the season ticket waiting list, paid the cost to be on it and got no preference at all. They went on sale to the general public. Sad

I cannot believe they did not give a pre-sale code to people on the waiting list. That's just wrong. If there is student rush, they are doing a horrible job at maximizing profits. They are just passing costs off to the poor souls who paid full price on Ticketmaster.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 pm

The available seats are probably put aside for the opposing team. All arenas put aside blocks of seats for the opposing team. If the opposing team doesn't want them they will be put on sale, usually on game day
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby nocera on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 pm

C4 Row E wrote:
66_FOREVER wrote:My issue is that I am on the season ticket waiting list, paid the cost to be on it and got no preference at all. They went on sale to the general public. Sad

I cannot believe they did not give a pre-sale code to people on the waiting list. That's just wrong. If there is student rush, they are doing a horrible job at maximizing profits. They are just passing costs off to the poor souls who paid full price on Ticketmaster.

Damned if they do...
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:54 pm

C4 Row E wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:For all those that do not think they've raised prices to an insane level, take a look at Ticketmaster. You can go right now and get a block of 45 tickets together in section 120. All for the bargain price of $230.25 each for the 1st playoff game. Giving student rush tickets away does not count for a sellout streak. If they would have been reasonable with these prices in the first place, they would not have to give them away.

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that they are charging too much and will not sell out? If that is the case, check back tomorrow.... most seats are already gone...

There are seats available right now on the Exchange for $135 in section 117. The person selling them is losing money.

Doubtful. I found a few seats for $200 (2 seats) that indicated that was face value in the same section:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tix/3763532084.html
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby rarst17 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

Doubtful. I found a few seats for $200 (2 seats) that indicated that was face value in the same section:

Did you even read that Craigslist ad before posting it?
rarst17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ossa on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

http://www.ticketsnow.com/NHL/Inventory ... ID=1393273

:pop:
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:19 pm

I just bought 3 tickets for $115 each including (STUPID *******) fees on ticket exchange. Section 230 row J.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 pm

C4 Row E wrote:They are just passing costs off to the poor souls who paid full price on Ticketmaster.

There are no poor souls. People are finding prices that are agreeable to them and spending money. I have a max price I'm willing to pay to go to a hockey game. If I can't find a ticket for that price (and I usually can't) then I don't buy it. Somebody with more willingness to pay does.

If they were able to they would poll every single person interested in buying tickets and ask them what the maximum amount of money they would pay for their seat is, and then pick the highest 18,087.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:20 pm

I'd rahter have the waiting list get a shot at them over the students.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Kovy27 wrote:

I'd rahter have the waiting list get a shot at them over the students.

Can you take me to a game since you won't allow me the opportunity to get student rush tix?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 pm

You can stay home until the Penguins suck again.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby drnort on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:35 pm

C4 Row E wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

The only seats that happens on are lower level Pens shoot once. The Pens simply do not give a good enough break to season ticket holders in that end.

Those with upper level seats in virtually any locations...and those with lower level Pens shoot twice will not lose a penny reselling playoff tickets.
Last edited by drnort on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:40 pm

drnort wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

The only seats that happens on are lower level Pens shoot once. The Pens simply do not give a good enough break to season ticket holders in that end.

Those with upper level seats in virtually any locations...and those with lower level Pens shoot once will not lose a penny reselling playoff tickets.

That wasn't the case last year, there were definitely people buying last year on ticketexchange for face value, which means the seller was losing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby topshelf66 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm

I think those who have paid to be on the Season Ticket list should be in some sort of lottery for about 50% of the General Public tickets.

Those who do not get them in round 1 would be be entered in round 2 etc...
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby drnort on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
drnort wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

Those with upper level seats in virtually any locations...and those with lower level Pens shoot twice will not lose a penny reselling playoff tickets.

That wasn't the case last year, there were definitely people buying last year on ticketexchange for face value, which means the seller was losing.

When you say face value, are you definitely referencing STH face value as opposed to ticketmaster face value? Significant difference, of course. I have seats in 107 and 220 and have made money on every single ticket I have ever attempted to sell. Regular season and playoffs.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Thats impressive then, especially with regards to the regular season tickets...you must have had them up for a modest profit real early.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:06 pm

I paid for my entire season tickets selling 5 games this year (have half plan), and just made some money on my Game 1 tickets.

I'm rich baby!
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:You can stay home until the Penguins suck again.

:thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 am

drnort wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
drnort wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:

When you say face value, are you definitely referencing STH face value as opposed to ticketmaster face value? Significant difference, of course. I have seats in 107 and 220 and have made money on every single ticket I have ever attempted to sell. Regular season and playoffs.

Would someone buy single game tickets from TM then try to sell them on Exchange? Thats just plain stupid...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby DocEmrick on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 am

ppl mad
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am

To be honest, given this team I have no interest in shelling out that kind of money for Round 1 tickets. Conference Finals/ Cup Finals is a different story.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby knives of ice on Wed May 01, 2013 4:58 pm

my friend who sells ticket says this is the worst penguins game to sell he can remember. lucky to get $100 for a lower level ticket to game 1. game 2 since its on a friday is another story, just zero demand at all for tonight.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed May 01, 2013 5:07 pm

knives of ice wrote:my friend who sells ticket says this is the worst penguins game to sell he can remember. lucky to get $100 for a lower level ticket to game 1. game 2 since its on a friday is another story, just zero demand at all for tonight.

i bought game 1 rd 1 tickets in 09 and paid around $60 or $65 for either C or E. they just arent worth much to me than that. i had them for a game against the lightning in 2011 and i think they were about the same in the new barn
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shyster on Wed May 01, 2013 5:10 pm

I think a lot of STH tried to recoup some of their playoff expenses by tossing their tickets up on ticket exchange at a high price and seeing if anyone would bite. Heck, I did, and so did my brother. His sold; mine didn't, so I'll be at the game. That didn't mean I'm not interested in seeng the game, but at the same time, those playoff tickets sure ain't cheap.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins