OFFICIAL GDT: GAME 2, 5/3/13, ISLANDERS AT PENGUINS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: GAME 2, 5/3/13, ISLANDERS AT PENGUINS

Postby Malkamaniac on Sat May 04, 2013 11:43 am

I'm still stunned that the Islanders rattled off 40 shots against the Pens.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Sat May 04, 2013 11:47 am

I'm starting to think Jamie Dixon and Dan Bylsma are the same person.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimjom on Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 am

Without sifting through the multiple pages of this thread, what is the general board consensus of the gratuitous shots of Shero and 66 after things started going bad for the Pens?

I thought it was a little much, TBH.

Pens need to get back to their game and stop running around in their own end. Also anything up the middle in the offensive zone didn't seem to work later in the game.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat May 04, 2013 11:54 am

So, the Islanders stole a page from last years Flyers Playbook.

Dan has had an entire year to reflect on what the appropriate response to that strategy is, and he didn't seem to have any answers.

Color me disappointed.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Guinness on Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I didn't see PGH running around taking petty retaliatory penalties and losing their cool.

I saw a team get outworked by a desperate opponent, in what was basically, for that opponent, an elimination game.

PGH has spent a lot of time talking about how nothing is going to be handed to them, loaded though they are. Unfortunately, that seemed to be the problem last night... to me, at least. They didn't lose their lead until late in the game. Granted, there should have been the same sense of urgency at 0-0 as there was at 3-3, but after the performance Wednesday evening, I'm not going to lose my cool over a bit of a let-down in the face of utter desperation from the Islanders.

Again, it's game two. You guys who are losing your s**t, in embarrassing fashion I might add, better learn to buck up. The team that lost last night also happens to be the same team that posted the 5-0 pasting a couple nights ago. Odds are, you'll see something closer to Wednesday than Friday, come Sunday.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby luv66 on Sat May 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Pitts wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Malkin and Iginla don't work well together. Their styles just don't mesh.

With that being said, god was Malkin awful.

Malkin seems to like Kunitz (and Neal, obviously). I don't understand why Bylsma refuses to go back to that and let Iginla play with Crosby -- that's why he chose Pittsburgh for crying out loud!

Ideally I want Kunitz-Malkin-Neal back together when the time comes but I really want to see Jussi and Geno play together. I think that might be fun to watch. It won't happen though.
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins