Well, let's get these out of the way...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Well, let's get these out of the way...

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 pm

BleuLineLady wrote:Scratch Malkin. Sounds crazy, but nothing else is working. I made a point about this before the playoffs start. Here is the Pens record with and without Malkin this year: With Malkin 23-12, Without Malkin, 15-2. In the 35 games played with him in the lineup this year, in 22 of them the opposing team scored more than 2 goals. In the 17 games without him, opposing teams scored more than 2 goals in 5 of those games. Team defense becomes worse with him in the lineup. Obviously, they are still winning many of these games but the stats show not as convincingly or as securely and in the playoffs, when team defense does matter, this could be the difference.

His defense and lack of responsibility has been severely hurting this team for a long while now. The numbers dont lie and it should be evident.

Wat
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:44 pm

meecrofilm wrote:One time when Geno wasn't giving a good effort in the KHL this season, Paul Maurice benched him in the 3rd when they were holding on to a one-goal lead. Geno was a two-way beast that part of the season, being utilized on the PK as well.

Bylsma can't reign in Geno (along with the team it seems). Obviously too much of a player's coach. If you all of a sudden try to change your tune out of the blue, they will probably tune you out even more (See: Boudreau in WSH). I think Bylsma has made his bed.

Exactly. Bylsma is who he is. He's the most player friendly coach I've ever seen.

If he tries to change now no one will take him seriously. This team will either rise or sink with Bylsma as he is now.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby murphydump55 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Kunitz is on the top line and top power play, asking him to PK is a stretch. Morrow is too slow. Where is Vitale playing if TK is also in? Are you taking out Adams, another main PKer?

This isn't NHL 13. Making minor tweaks to your 4th line isn't going to turn this series around.

Then why do we see Kunitz and Morrow on the PK when a regular PK'r is in the box? They could play the odd PK shift just as Glass does.

And no, Kunitz doesn't have to play the PP when Neal and Iginla are there. By dressing Vitale or Kennedy, we're at least getting some speed and tenacity in the lineup, which is what we're lacking in a big way against the Isles. The point I'm making is, it definitely won't hurt us by dressing Kennedy. As much flack as Kennedy gets, he has knack for scoring a big goal in every series it seems. He could also be inserted into the top 6 for a shift or two for his speed and forecheck, something Glass isn't even close to being able to do.

Glass just isn't bringing nearly enough to warrant a spot in the playoffs. His physical ability is supposed to wear teams down and maybe change momentum. I haven't noticed him at all.

Sure Kennedy makes mistakes, but at this point everyone is making mistakes. Join the club TK and maybe other parts of his game can add something more than Glass does.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GDR on Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 am

count2infinity wrote:Start Vokoun
Bench Malkin
Bench Iginla
Kennedy needs to play (preferably 2nd line)
Fire DB before the next game

Did I miss any?

no woo'ing
no we want the Cup chant
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby vcip on Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 am

Kovy27 wrote:
vcip wrote:Kennedy needs to play & should have been playing. Glass is useless. Adams could sit also. Put Bennett in. It is a good spot for Vokuun to start. Play Depres also.

LOL. They already played Despres and he was responsible for first 2 goals of game 3. No thanks.

I may have let my emotion get the better of me, but my point is I look at as a faster more mobile Dman being a plus right now.
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby vcip on Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 am

But Glass was a factor? Okay.

I said after last game that we needed more speed and tenacity in their end. Kennedy can be that guy. Glass is bringing nothing to this team in the playoffs and did very little throughout the year. I'm pretty sure Kunitz, Morrow, or even a guy like Vitale could kill penalties just as well as Glass. Sure Glass adds a physical game, but has he even been somewhat noticeable this series?

AMEN
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby cerp66 on Wed May 08, 2013 7:39 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Bench Malkin
Bench Iginla

Did I miss any?

Yeah, other than getting completely pwnd, how are you enjoying this series so far?

1975, 1982, 1993... I move to this god forsaken place in 1999 and now we get this?

You have NO idea what it's like to be a Pens fan up here right now, I'm seriously dreading having to interact with about a dozen friends, neighbors and coworkers tomorrow.

I'm so horribly embarrassed that I have no idea how to respond. I may just carry a jar of vasoline around with me tomorrow and just hold it out in front of me when they approach and ask them to be gentle.

Maybe they'll go easy on me when they realize I'm not going to argue.

Spoiler:
Who am I kidding, we're talking islanders fans here, the same jagoffs who were throwing crap onto the ice in the third period tonight.

Maybe you can remind them of the facts here.
The Islanders did not win the series, they are not even winning the series, it's tied.
It's now a three game series with two of the games being played in Pittsburgh.
Just say that very calmly and walk away with a grin on your face.
cerp66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Wed May 08, 2013 7:58 am

I said at the end of the season when Malkin came back from injury that it was going to hurt us. He gives away just as many goals as he scores. he did that last year as well even while becoming the scoring leader. He is a liability. No one wants to hear it because he scores points but the simple truth is we play better without him.

At this point, I wouldn't bench him but I'd cut his game minutes down to 10. And PLEASE get Glass out of there! TK at least is a threat to score and has speed which the Isles have in spades. We look slow and old.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:01 am

m.lemieux66 wrote:Did everyone miss Sid coasting to the bench on the rush? Seriously, check around the 10:00 mark in the third period.
You need a team effort to win in the playoffs. It doesn't help that MAF is weak.

Huh? After all the crap that went on yesterday that is what you have come up with?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed May 08, 2013 8:08 am

cerp66 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Bench Malkin
Bench Iginla

Did I miss any?

Yeah, other than getting completely pwnd, how are you enjoying this series so far?

1975, 1982, 1993... I move to this god forsaken place in 1999 and now we get this?

You have NO idea what it's like to be a Pens fan up here right now, I'm seriously dreading having to interact with about a dozen friends, neighbors and coworkers tomorrow.

I'm so horribly embarrassed that I have no idea how to respond. I may just carry a jar of vasoline around with me tomorrow and just hold it out in front of me when they approach and ask them to be gentle.

Spoiler:
Who am I kidding, we're talking islanders fans here, the same jagoffs who were throwing crap onto the ice in the third period tonight.

The Islanders did not win the series, they are not even winning the series, it's tied.

Logic would say you're right. But logic would have also said that the team with the most talent ( on paper anyway ) wouldn't be getting their collective arses handed to them by an islander team with such little talent that they came in as an eight seed.

To act like we have nothing to worry about and that we have this islander club right where we want them is "Bhagdad Bob" level idiocy.

Nope, I'm telling isles fans that they should be proud of their team, because that's a fact, even if the majority of the fan base itself are arseholes.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby dhayer18 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 am

count2infinity wrote:Start Vokoun-- For sure could'nt hurt
Bench Malkin-- Give him Kunitz and hope for the best
Bench Iginla-- Put him back in his natural postion ( the one he played for the last 15 yrs)
Kennedy needs to play (preferably 2nd line) :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Fire DB before the next game -- lol

Did I miss any?
dhayer18
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby cerp66 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:20 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
cerp66 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Bench Malkin
Bench Iginla

Did I miss any?

Spoiler:

Logic would say you're right. But logic would have also said that the team with the most talent ( on paper anyway ) wouldn't be getting their collective arses handed to them by an islander team with such little talent that they came in as an eight seed.

To act like we have nothing to worry about and that we have this islander club right where we want them is "Bhagdad Bob" level idiocy.

Nope, I'm telling isles fans that they should be proud of their team, because that's a fact, even if the majority of the fan base itself are arseholes.

At this point in time there is only one fact that matters....series tied at two.
cerp66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins