LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World Cup)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Fri May 03, 2013 12:40 am

The Timbers sure are fun to watch this year. Had about 70% of possession against NE tonight. Not great in the final third, though.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,646
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby jmh470 on Wed May 08, 2013 6:08 am

Goodbye and thanks to Sir Alex Ferguson, keeper of a clock more exact than any bearded schmuck in white, flowing robes could ever hope for.

Here's something this bearded schmuck can only hope for: please, sweet Jesus, not Mourinho. Anyone but Mourinho.

But really, though, I think only the youngest among us might see something similar in his/her life: 38 trophies in 26 years.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,371
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:59 pm
Location: At my Ben Murphiest

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Wed May 08, 2013 8:16 am

The possibilities are endless for you Utd fans: Hughes, Bruce, Redknapp, Shteeve McClaren
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 am

Martin O'Neill
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby pfim on Wed May 08, 2013 11:09 am

It will be Moyes.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,785
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Rocco on Wed May 08, 2013 11:12 am

Please be Roy Hodgson.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,968
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby largegarlic on Wed May 08, 2013 11:50 am

pfim wrote:It will be Moyes.


I'd bet on Moyes too.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,662
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Or maybe Paul Scholes.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Wed May 08, 2013 12:53 pm

I'd think if The Special One doesn't want the job it's Moyes'. There is a rumor that a replacement has already been decided and will be revealed in a couple of days once he resigns from his current job.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby largegarlic on Wed May 08, 2013 1:55 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:I'd think if The Special One doesn't want the job it's Moyes'. There is a rumor that a replacement has already been decided and will be revealed in a couple of days once he resigns from his current job.


I thought I read somewhere that Mourinho would have to be bought out of his Real Madrid contract. If that's right, that doesn't seem like a Man U move. Not that they don't have the money, but they don't seem to like burning money for the fun of it.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,662
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby pfim on Wed May 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Mourinho's a bit of a vagabond, doesn't really fit what United are looking for imo.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,785
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm

I expect Mourinho to return to Chelsea. Bobby Charlton said back in December that Mou would not be a good fit for United and I think he's right about that.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Wed May 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Anyone else having issues with MLS Live tonight?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,646
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby pfim on Thu May 09, 2013 11:07 am

pfim wrote:It is Moyes.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,785
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 am

largegarlic wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:I'd think if The Special One doesn't want the job it's Moyes'. There is a rumor that a replacement has already been decided and will be revealed in a couple of days once he resigns from his current job.


I thought I read somewhere that Mourinho would have to be bought out of his Real Madrid contract. If that's right, that doesn't seem like a Man U move. Not that they don't have the money, but they don't seem to like burning money for the fun of it.


I'm not sure about him needing to be bought out or not. There have been rumors for months that he was getting canned at the end of the season. The rumor of him going back to Chelsea seemed to be widely reported and accecpted like it was going to happen and then SAF announced his retirement. Now that Moyes is taking over at Old Trafford it seems most likely that Jose will end up back at Stamford Bridge.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Sat May 11, 2013 9:28 am

BACK IN THE 2ND BUNDESLIGA, WOOOHOOO!!!

Image

I'll be so drunk when the Pens game starts...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby largegarlic on Sat May 11, 2013 10:52 am

WDWBurghGooner wrote:
largegarlic wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:I'd think if The Special One doesn't want the job it's Moyes'. There is a rumor that a replacement has already been decided and will be revealed in a couple of days once he resigns from his current job.


I thought I read somewhere that Mourinho would have to be bought out of his Real Madrid contract. If that's right, that doesn't seem like a Man U move. Not that they don't have the money, but they don't seem to like burning money for the fun of it.


I'm not sure about him needing to be bought out or not. There have been rumors for months that he was getting canned at the end of the season. The rumor of him going back to Chelsea seemed to be widely reported and accecpted like it was going to happen and then SAF announced his retirement. Now that Moyes is taking over at Old Trafford it seems most likely that Jose will end up back at Stamford Bridge.


Yeah, buy-out or not, I bet Mourinho is back at Chelsea next year. My dislike of them was starting to soften a bit, since Terry seems to be getting phased out, and I like watching the Oskar, Mata, Hazard trio play, but Mourinho going back there will reverse that.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,662
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat May 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Gaucho wrote:BACK IN THE 2ND BUNDESLIGA, WOOOHOOO!!!

Image

I'll be so drunk when the Pens game starts...


is this...a good thing?
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,181
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Admin on Sat May 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Come on, Wigan!
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,805
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Admin on Sat May 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Woo!!
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,805
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Sat May 11, 2013 5:51 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
Gaucho wrote:BACK IN THE 2ND BUNDESLIGA, WOOOHOOO!!!

I'll be so drunk when the Pens game starts...


is this...a good thing?


2nd Bundesliga or being drunk? Yes, both.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Tomas on Sun May 12, 2013 11:01 am

Ending of the year:

Watford - Leicester (Championship Play Off Semifinal). Leicester won the first leg at home 1:0. Watford was leading the second game 2:1. Now let's see the 97th minute:



Last edited by Tomas on Sun May 12, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,244
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:21 am

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Sun May 12, 2013 11:14 am

Holy mecca...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 am

Pretty big one between Arsenal and Wigan today.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,646
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 am

Tomas wrote:Ending of the year:

Spoiler:
Watford - Leicester (Championship Play Off Semifinal). Leicester won the first leg at home 1:0. Watford was leading the second game 2:1. Now let's see the 97th minute:





That is awesome. Here's a video that is working for now. Amazing. I get chills when I see finishes like that and hear calls like that from the commentator both.

Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,646
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik
Top

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, Eismann, LeopardLetang, Rocco, skullman80, the wicked child and 6 guests

e-mail