Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue May 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I decided to play Far Cry 2 that I got from PSN like a year ago. So far so good. I got my mouse/kb set up really well already. :P

I'm glad you are enjoying it. Going from the initial FarCry to FarCry2 was one of the biggest gaming disappointments of my life.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 07, 2013 2:15 pm

I finished the Black Ops II campaign. I'm kinda curious as to what I did wrong, because I think everyone died.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue May 07, 2013 2:37 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I decided to play Far Cry 2 that I got from PSN like a year ago. So far so good. I got my mouse/kb set up really well already. :P

I'm glad you are enjoying it. Going from the initial FarCry to FarCry2 was one of the biggest gaming disappointments of my life.

Wish the graphics were better, but shooting is fun. I never played Far Cry. :(

To be honest, I decided to do it because I saw how cool Far Cry 3 looks and since I had 2, I wanted to do that before 3.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue May 07, 2013 2:37 pm

I started playing FIFA 13 again the past week or so. I have the sliders tweaked perfectly right now. Its so fun when you are at that point where every game is close but winnable.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

Wish the graphics were better, but shooting is fun. I never played Far Cry. :(

To be honest, I decided to do it because I saw how cool Far Cry 3 looks and since I had 2, I wanted to do that before 3.

There is no correlation between games. The only real issue I had with Far Cry 2 was every single mission felt the same. Oh and hey my mercenary buddy is going to tell of me of a much more difficult way to increase money. Every time. Every damn time.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue May 07, 2013 3:36 pm

I think I'll have to spend $5 and get the pack with the crossbow with exploding arrows and the atv.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Tue May 07, 2013 5:47 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I finished the Black Ops II campaign. I'm kinda curious as to what I did wrong, because I think everyone died.

You can look up all of the "decision points" online and see what you need to change to get the different outcomes.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Kraftster wrote:I started playing FIFA 13 again the past week or so. I have the sliders tweaked perfectly right now. Its so fun when you are at that point where every game is close but winnable.

Awesome. I just got offered the USMNT job in December 2017. I am ditching my team of 3 years, Portugal, to try to bring WC glory to the USA. Unrealistically, my goal as manager is to reach the WC final...and my best player is an 80 overal - Brek Shea.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed May 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Got the wave beam activated and discovered there is a traitor in my group in Metroid Other M.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Sleeping Dogs is free for PS+ members on PS3. If you haven't played it, download it.. it's a really good game.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Two things I'm impressed with in Far Cry 2 are the combat mechanics and the driving. Both feature tight, very responsive, controls and are pure fun. I got my sensitivity set on full, yet both gamepad and mouse/kb are great to use whether I'm shooting or driving. I got the crossbow with exploding arrows... now I have to go find that ATV - if it handles like the trucks, it will be sooo fun.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 08, 2013 12:46 pm

skullman80 wrote:Sleeping Dogs is free for PS+ members on PS3. If you haven't played it, download it.. it's a really good game.

I noticed and was going to d/l it, but then I saw it had like 27 DLCs to purchase (well, most of the 27, a few are free) and said 'to hell with it'. Do I need to get them? I normally do all DLC or the game doesn't feel complete to me. I think Rylan played it also. Any advice on the DLCs, guys?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:51 pm

I don't think DLC Is necessary for Sleeping Dogs.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Downloading GTA Vice City since my copy looks like somebody took 30 grit sandpaper to it.

Once I finish it, I'm moving onto San Andreas.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Any tips on Far Cry 2 weapon selection? I usually like a big machine gun, but I'm considering going with a sniper rifle as my main weapon. Probably a grenade launcher as a special weapon and maybe the silenced Makarov for a pistol. Well, that was my plan with the machine gun (AR-16 when it unlocks). Now if I go sniper, then probably one of the 2 big machine guns like M249 or PKM. But that would mean no explosive weapon and I really want one like a grenade or rocket launcher. I want a machine gun, a sniper rifle, and one explosive, but I don't see how that's possible.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 pm

I always rolled with an assault rifle/pistol combo to run train.

Sniper is worthless cause they instantly know where you are at and it doesn't give you enough power to actually win fights that extend longer than expected.

The assault rifles give you the ability to be quick with reloads and enough power to end fights just as quickly as anything. Maintain short bursts (or semi-auto even) and you will win more fights than you will lose. Couple that with a pistol as a last resort (pistols are powerful in FarCry games) and you will be capable of taking on anything.

Now if you are attacking convoys, an LMG is a nice weapon combined with mines/C4 and you will be able to get weapons for the merchants with ease.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 09, 2013 12:28 am

Hey thanks a lot, Rylan. I took the machine gun with me and I had to go scare some guy in a mansion with a bunch of guards. I got shot so many times, a buddy had to come save me and I was left with no syringes and most of my ammo gone.

So then I reloaded and took the sniper rifle instead, and also got the PKM (with upgraded accuracy because the recoil on that thing is bad) and just stood far away and sniped most of them dead and just had to finish 2 more with the PKM when I got there.

:P
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu May 09, 2013 8:09 am

Wow, Far Cry 2 was released in 2008? I thought it was much newer than that. Steam has it for $10...with all DLC. Might have to pick it up.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Wow, Far Cry 2 was released in 2008? I thought it was much newer than that. Steam has it for $10...with all DLC. Might have to pick it up.

Pick it up for sure. Most important thing about shooters as we know is the gameplay and, while graphics may not be impressive by today's standards here, the gameplay is really good. I am enjoying the game more than I thought I would and should have played it a looong time ago.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm

One game I never played and is coming to PSN is Manhunt. I will have to buy it and finally play it.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri May 10, 2013 2:17 am

Just finished playing FC2 for the night. I found a used granade launcher with a scope. Wow. This thing can blow up a truck with one grenade. I'm keeping this. Since this is a primary weapon, I guess I'll stick with the big machine gun for special unless I find something better. I wish I could get rid of the pistol and load up a sniper rifle.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 10, 2013 7:11 am

I think I may download LA Noire.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby malkinshair on Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Just picked up Assassin's Creed 3 and Call of Juarez Bound in Blood.

Firing up AC3 as we speak. I'm prepared for a rather lengthy introduction...hopefully I don't fall asleep.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Fri May 10, 2013 11:20 pm

I love Call of Juarez Bound in Blood.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby malkinshair on Sat May 11, 2013 8:27 am

Rylan wrote:I love Call of Juarez Bound in Blood.

You're actually the reason I picked it up, Rylan :fist:
Somewhere in this thread you mentioned how much you liked it. It's one of those games that I've heard about, thought about, but never seriously considered. Well, it was $10 at GS, and others seemed to like it, soooo...............

...and I fell asleep 5 minutes into AC3. :face:
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR