TheHammer24 wrote:What is on either Bergevin's or Murray's resume aside from hiring a new coach. I can't think of even subtle moves either team has made.
- Hired a very good coaching staff including bringing back Therrien (took balls there).
- Signed Brendan Prust who turned out to be a very much needed tough forward for them.
- Took a hard stance with contract negotiations on PK Subban. Not bad for a rookie GM.
- Fleeced the Dallas Stars in a Erik Cole for Michael Ryder deal. Not only did they get a more productive forward this year in the deal, they also shed a horrible contract in Cole.
- Signed Getzlaf and Perry to franchise deals.
- Found Viktor Fasth.
- Not sure if the Gabby hiring would be considered this year, but still a good move.
- Acquiring Lovejoy was a good move.
- Ducks emerged as 2nd seed in the West, surprising stat for sure. Many had them competing for a playoff spot.
All in all, this is a Shero vs Bergevin award. Shero has to be a favorite with the super moves he did at the deadline and the Jordan Staal trade.