OFFICIAL GDT: OTT v. PIT (ECSF GAME 2)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: OTT v. PIT (ECSF GAME 2)

Postby booboo on Sat May 18, 2013 12:51 am

Bioshock wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:My god alfredson looks like the Undertaker

His face seems to be melting off. Rosacea?

His hair look red coz his face is red?
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby booboo on Sat May 18, 2013 12:53 am

Bioshock wrote:
nocera wrote:Word is Spezza is aiming to return on Sunday.

Is he coming back to read the eulogy?

:D
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bh on Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 am

Martin had a really really good game. A+
Engo is a little shaky.
Other than a few blips, not much to complain about. We hit the pipe a couple times and a quite a few glorious opportunities. This game could have been a lot more lopsided. The last few power plays it looked like they weren't even trying to score.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ziggo on Sat May 18, 2013 2:18 am

by DocEmrick on Sat May 18, 2013 12:21 am

Place was buzzing tonight. Pretty good for a bunch of fans dating as far back as 2008, but will never be the same as the Mellon (probably due to ceiling volume).

Finally found Webster working the lower bowl. Guy is a class act, and a great beer-man. 10/10 Would buy a drink from him again

Do you mean Tom Webster ? He used to work our old section B12, back in the 80's-90's. He never failed to come back around for last call :lol: Great Guy !!
ziggo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pens4Life on Sat May 18, 2013 3:15 am

Great to see Sid getting a hattrick and Pens 2-0 up! I was concerned after Isles series,but we look better now and Sens arent that much aggressive,that helps :)

I wish that we could find spot for JJ,he is too good to sit!!! Morrow bring a lot to this team,I would love to see him re-signed!
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Sat May 18, 2013 4:39 am

I heard at least two announcers refer to Sid's contribution as a "natural hat trick" but I don't think it was.

Was it?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shakes on Sat May 18, 2013 5:23 am

blackjack68 wrote:I heard at least two announcers refer to Sid's contribution as a "natural hat trick" but I don't think it was.

Was it?

A few on Twitter thought so too. But it wasn't. Has to be 3 in a row by the same player.

I think Sid went natural during that ridiculous stretch in fall 2010.

Awesome game nonetheless. Just so dominant on the puck. He admitted that the protector hurts his vision, particularly on FOs and along the boards.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Eismann on Sat May 18, 2013 7:39 am

toledomudhen wrote:Martin > Latang tonight... WAY > Letang tonight, yet the Pittsburgh media selects Kris "Norris" Letang as the #2 star... Seriously!?!?

I'm still flabbergasted by that.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 am

MRandall25 wrote:
blurryhaze312 wrote:
Froggy wrote:if there is a game 5, i want to hear "NOR-RIS TRO-PHY clap clap clapclapclap" everytime karlsson touches the puck

It won't happen. I'm not even sure that there was a "Let's Go Pens" chant that was purely fan-generated all game. For a game that featured your superstar Captain scoring a HT, that crowd was abysmal - and they have been this whole series so far. :thumbdown:

Were you at the game?

No?

Shut up. The crowd was rocking tonight.

Relax man. You always get so up in arms about everything on this board. :lol:

While you could hear a mouse fart at times, I'm not talking about noise level - I'm talking about presence. I didn't need to be at the game to hear that there were no "Crosby" chants, no goalie taunting, mostly coached "Let's Go" chants...it's just like the crowd doesn't know what to do. They aren't making it hard for the opposition to come in and play.

As a fan watching the PIT-NYI series on TV when they were in NY, it was making me even more nervous/frustrated when the NY fans wouldn't shut up with their damn Fleury taunting and "MVP" chants for Tavares. You can't tell me that - at least on some level - the players don't either get a buzz off of that or shrink a little bit, depending on who is the home team. I know it's only game 2 of the playoff series, but OTT is O-fer this season against us...how about we let them hear it?

Maybe people are nervous about getting excited/rowdy with the playoff history the past few seasons (even with such a stacked roster), but the issue is atmosphere and it's not been the same as it has been in semi-recent history. I can understand the regular season being more tame, but this is the playoffs, baby!

*Side Note* Can I also point out all of the empty seats visible from start to end? There were a lot. :?
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Great58 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:58 am

No offense intended, but if you weren't at the game you can't really tell how loud it was there or what the energy was like. I agree the place seems dead on the TV broadcast, but in person it's a different experience. I wasn't there last night, but was on Tuesday and was pleased with the ambience. The building doesn't shake like Mellon due to it's structural integrity, but it's plenty loud.

My only complaint was the "We Want the Cup" chant that started at the end of Game 1 Round 2. :face:
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat May 18, 2013 9:01 am

None taken. But again, my beef isn't over noise level.

Great58 wrote:My only complaint was the "We Want the Cup" chant that started at the end of Game 1 Round 2. :face:
I must have already turned it off for my early day the following day and missed that. At least it was a full round later than Islander fans that did it in game 3(?). :lol:
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Sat May 18, 2013 9:27 am

Bad ice and lousy microphone placement. For nostalgia's sake I guess, the team brought these 2 things with them from Mellon to CEC.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Sat May 18, 2013 9:33 am

Eismann wrote:
toledomudhen wrote:Martin > Latang tonight... WAY > Letang tonight, yet the Pittsburgh media selects Kris "Norris" Letang as the #2 star... Seriously!?!?

Didn't he have two assists? That may be their reasoning.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tnt118 on Sat May 18, 2013 10:27 am

FWIW, I was watching one of the Canadian feeds and the crowd noise was very impressive.
tnt118

Postby jwest21 on Sat May 18, 2013 10:39 am

tnt118 wrote:FWIW, I was watching one of the Canadian feeds and the crowd noise was very impressive.

my guess is NBC feels that we as viewers would rather hear their announcers than crowd noise and filters it out. Personally I'd rank my preferences as:
1.)crowd noise
2.)jabbing a sharpened pencil into my ear
3.) NBCs announcers
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby toledomudhen on Sat May 18, 2013 10:48 am

blackjack68 wrote:
Eismann wrote:

So did Martin
toledomudhen

Postby NeddieVedder on Sun May 19, 2013 2:48 am

toledomudhen wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Eismann wrote:

So did Martin

And this -- this! -- was the last straw for you registering an account. Islanders series? Fine. Crosby's face explodes? Whatever. Shero trades for Iginla? Noted. Wrong d-man is voted #2 star in a playoff game the Penguins won to go up 2-0? People are gonna hear about this, by god. Please tell me the backstory here. Take me behind the thought process.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins