The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Sun May 12, 2013 5:25 pm

this guy A.C.H... I've seen a few matches from this kid, and he is really great. I believe he signed on with RoH earlier this year, and he is definitely one to watch. Definitely one of my 5 favorite guys working the indies right now.

Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun May 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Saweeeeeet. I was thinking about how RAW needed more dance off segments

Chris Jericho‏@IAmJericho7h
Great match w @WWEFandango in Ft Worth today! Now rehearsals w the amazing @Edyta_Sliwinska for the HUGE #Raw dance-off tomorrow
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Mon May 13, 2013 8:05 am

Vince needs to just start his own dancing competition show, maybe even circulate some of the RAW/Smackdown talent through it every week.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 am

JS© wrote:Vince needs to just start his own dancing competition show, maybe even circulate some of the RAW/Smackdown talent through it every week.

XDL

It's X-TREME

My God this thing was bad.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Mon May 13, 2013 7:17 pm

wow, this opening to RAW is bad. We're at 8:15, we have no matches, we don't even have a good promo, we have **** dancing....all 10 seconds of it.

Yep, back to hockey.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dbizzle66 on Mon May 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Raw needs Cm Punk badly - back to hockey
dbizzle66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm

daniel bryan is so good.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Mon May 13, 2013 10:20 pm

I haven't been this disinterested in WWE in probably 5 years. Just nothing to get me excited and there's no sign of anything changing.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon May 13, 2013 10:44 pm

I don't think it's only you. Look at tonight's postings. Four postings, three that aren't being complimentary of the current product.

The company is more worried about dancing for the crowd and plugging their social media platforms instead of elevating their talent to a different level. This is the second week in a row where I wasn't locked in on RAW, and I don't think I missed much at all.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm

I caught the first few minutes just to see how bad the dance off was, and watched te final promo but really had no interest in it. Second week in a row I barely watched.

Although Summer Rae is quite fun to look at
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue May 14, 2013 6:11 am

I haven't watched more than an hour in total over the last month. The product is horrible.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue May 14, 2013 6:12 am

I honestly don't care at this point. I'm really disinterested. I watched for Punk(who is on hiatus) Ziggler(who is injured, but they still treat like a jobber even with the belt), Bryan(who hopefully they get him out of tag matches and let him start working alone again), and the Shield. That's really about it. I watched for a few minutes tonight between hockey games, but nothing even remotely grabbed my interest.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue May 14, 2013 7:13 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:I caught the first few minutes just to see how bad the dance off was, and watched te final promo but really had no interest in it. Second week in a row I barely watched.

That's about all I watched. Dance-off was even worse than expected and ate some serious clock, like 20 minutes wasted on what could have been filmed in 3-5 min in a non-RAW segment. When you factor in commercials, recaps, and non-ring stuff like backstage interviews, Cole/King/JBL yapping, that's a lot of in ring time wasted. HHH/Lesnar? Yeah, that's great. Back to part timers main eventing. Technically HHH is a little more than part time since he's part of the family business. But as a wrestler, HHH is now a part-timer when compared to the rest of the roster.

skullman80 wrote:I honestly don't care at this point. I'm really disinterested. I watched for Punk(who is on hiatus) Ziggler(who is injured, but they still treat like a jobber even with the belt), Bryan(who hopefully they get him out of tag matches and let him start working alone again), and the Shield. That's really about it. I watched for a few minutes tonight between hockey games, but nothing even remotely grabbed my interest.

Think we're on the same page for reasons to watch. Punk was the one that got me back into watching regularly. Ziggler, as you pointed out, is jobbed weekly as if he were Barry Horowitz with a belt. I like Sandow's gimmick, but if Ziggler is the new Barry Horowitz, then Sandow is Iron Mike Sharpe. Better yet, maybe that comparison to The Genius that somebody made isn't that far off after all.

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I haven't watched more than an hour in total over the last month. The product is horrible.

I'm not too far off from that number. I probably spent an hour watching in the last 2-3 weeks.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah Raw is just bad at this point. WWE is IMO mismanaging the Shield as well by not putting any of them in singles or regular tag matches. Additionally the "spear" finish needs to go. It was pretty "holy **** that came out of no where" the first time it happened but now it's just expected like the 5 moves of doom. Lets see Rollins or Ambrose with a finisher, lets see a submission, lets see something different because right now WWE is killing the stable and angle of The Shield. As for everything else, very meh, Big E doesn't seem very talented although they haven't even let him try the "Five" gimmick yet. It's still rather awful though.

On a side note I was watching Botchamania last night and they had a comedy short about the U.S. championship with a scene from the movie Snatch. Just pointing out how worthless the lesser titles are because of how WWE handles them.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Tue May 14, 2013 10:59 am

It's kind of funny re: Shield and not being in regular matches. Ambrose gets a shot at the US Title this week at the PPV, and Rollins/Reigns get a shot at the Tag Titles as well. Hopefully this is the beginning of them breaking off always wrestling 3 man matches.

Ambrose does have a finisher, he used it in his match with.. I forget who(Kofit maybe...), but its like a front faced head driver type of move, hard to explain. I'm sure there is a wrestling term for it, but I can't think of it right now.

Here it is... its actually pretty good.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 am

it's pretty much a front facing ddt.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Tue May 14, 2013 11:35 am

also, rollins is great. He is easily the best in-ring performer of the 3. He's used at least 3 or 4 pretty innovative moves in the past as tyler black in the indies, so i'd love to see him in singles action more.

Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Tue May 14, 2013 3:50 pm

I noticed how everyone pointed to the Shield match as the decent highlight and how even that was botched. Kane was a ****** for 5 mins. Then Bryant was too. Then all of a sudden its CENA CENA CENA. Gee, look good, then quickly move away from it. This hasn't been the script for 10 years or anything.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Tue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:I noticed how everyone pointed to the Shield match as the decent highlight and how even that was botched. Kane was a ****** for 5 mins. Then Bryant was too. Then all of a sudden its CENA CENA CENA. Gee, look good, then quickly move away from it. This hasn't been the script for 10 years or anything.

that was a well booked and well performed match, except for the finish. i don't even mind that cena came back from 3 on 1. Reigns getting DQ'ed from shoving the ref and doing the spear is fine, but if you were going to go with the DQ finish to end it, don't make it when cena has that match won. i don't get how they could book that.

the match should have ended one of two ways...

1. the spear took a lot out of cena, allowing ambrose to hit his finisher and go over clean.

2. ambrose dominates a bit, and cena mounts a LITTLE offense... like one or two moves... and THEN you do the DQ finish

neither one of these finishes hurts cena, especially because ryback came out and destroyed him anyway. but they give the shield a major rub, and build heat for their respective matches at the next ppv.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Wed May 15, 2013 7:06 am

I watched a grand total of 3 minutes of raw on Monday. Stopped in to read what I missed. Looks/sounds like I didn't miss much. May have to do this more often.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Thu May 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Sami Zayne debuts on NXT next week. remember i said that. He is probably my favorite wrestler in the world. He's gonna be a huge star (hopefully)
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sat May 18, 2013 12:07 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dbizzle66 on Sun May 19, 2013 2:22 pm

^^^ Ambrose finisher used to be called the snapmare driver - I think some guy in the indys did it - Sami Callihan maybe? They'll probably give it some obvious sounding name like "justice driver' or "shield slam".
dbizzle66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Sun May 19, 2013 2:46 pm

the snapmare driver is a bit different.

it's more like a bulldog driver than anything else
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dbizzle66 on Sun May 19, 2013 2:48 pm

^^^

My bad. That looks even cooler than Ambrose's.
dbizzle66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR